The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
QueenCityCaniac71

Charlotte Canes Game Watches

When I was living in Huntersville during the '06 run, we would go to the Fox 'n Hound at Birkdale. It was PACKED with Caniacs, and fans of other teams, from the conference semis through the Cup Final. It's not exactly Charlotte but it's close.

Thanks! My group may have to try it out. When I moved here in May '06 from Raleigh, I was told Dave and Buster's would have a lot of people there to wach. So when I show up, there are maybe 3 people there watching the game! Good thing I was able to get back to Raleigh for Game 7! Anyway, if anyone has been anywhere else closer into town let me know. If not, I guess it's Fox and Hound for us!

I hear ya meckcounty! I love Charlotte but the two things I miss the most about Raleigh are the Canes and the Wolfpack! Maybe we should get a Caniac club started up around here. I guess if anyone finds out where all the Charlotte Canes fans are watching games, post it here!

Moving to Charlotte on Saturday. SE Charlotte. I am down with meeting people to watch the game. Already have my garage planned out for Canes games next year. I can tell you that I will be watching the game at a new bar called the lodge in SE Charlotte. It is on Rea rd where Rea turns into Colony. Not a huge bar, but it is pretty good for Canes games. I am not driving all the way to Birkdale. So maybe we need a South East Charlotte location also!

I hear you. I'd be interested in a spot to watch near Matthews. Saw a Canes flag being flown around I-485 about 8:30 AM this sat morning and almost fell off my motorcycle. Too few Canes fans in this area and the drive back/forth to games is usually a lonesome one.

If you see me in my Civic or on my motorcycle, you will know me as a Canes fan. :)

I went to a bar really close to Matthews last night. My brand new neighbor and I went to Boardwalk Billys. 1636 Sardis Rd North. They have awesome beer specials and the food is great. I would love to see some more Canes fans there. I think we could get more and more as the playoffs go on and we could fill the entire bar!!!

I HOWEVER, will be in North Dakota for the next 3 games. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!! I will for sure be there for the rest of our Stanley Cup run if other people start going there. I am hoping to turn my garage into a Canes Viewing hot spot for next year. Have crazy idea of building the boards and glass around half of the garage, with a TV cut into a hope in the glass, want to build a floor to point white with all the lines on it, maybe glaze it over to look like Ice, have a bar on the side called the Penalty box. Then all Caniacs in SE Charlotte are welcome to come over for next year!!! I just hope I have a wife still after all that! :mellow:

I went to a bar really close to Matthews last night. My brand new neighbor and I went to Boardwalk Billys. 1636 Sardis Rd North. They have awesome beer specials and the food is great. I would love to see some more Canes fans there. I think we could get more and more as the playoffs go on and we could fill the entire bar!!!

I HOWEVER, will be in North Dakota for the next 3 games. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!! I will for sure be there for the rest of our Stanley Cup run if other people start going there. I am hoping to turn my garage into a Canes Viewing hot spot for next year. Have crazy idea of building the boards and glass around half of the garage, with a TV cut into a HOLE in the glass, want to build a floor to Paint white with all the lines on it, maybe glaze it over to look like Ice, have a bar on the side called the Penalty box. Then all Caniacs in SE Charlotte are welcome to come over for next year!!! I just hope I have a wife still after all that! :mellow:

Haahahhaha ! Had to share this one...From the Philly.com Flyers board:

http://forums.philly.com/n/mb/message.asp?...030.1&ctx=1

Boston fans are idiots

Just got back from Boston tonight. Went to the Canes/Bruins game 2 last night. While wearing my Brind'Amour Canes jersey, I heard these gems,

"Go back to Charlotte!" Uh, yea. Actually, the Canes are from Raleigh.

"Hornets suck!" Wow, where do i start with this one? First off, your talking basketball, and your telling me a team that plays in New Orleans sucks. Brilliant.

One dude growled at my friend and me like he was a rabid dog. I just turned to my friend and said "You know, I thought the human species had evolved to where we didn't have to resort to grunting and growling to communicate."

One guy tapped on my shoulder and said "Your gonna lose." Wow, ba-zing! You got me. How can i respond to such witty banter?

And my favorite of the evening, "Clemson sucks!" Seriously, what a retahhd.

Overall, it was a fun experience, especially with the Canes coming away victorious. Most Bruins fans were ok. Some were fun to chat with. Some were ok, yet a little condescending. I guess when you have 10 years of playoff futility, then completely wax an overmatched Montreal team, you get an overinflated sense of accomplishment.

Trying to Find Canes fans in Charlotte is not easy. When we won the Cup in 06 I only saw 1 other car besides mine that had a Canes flag on it. I wouldent know where to watch a game in Charlotte I always just have people over or go to my buddys place. I however am down in Clemson for the summer and most people down here did not even know we have a NHL team haha.

I could probably get over to Boardwalk Billy's for a couple of games. Most of my group lives in the Mint Hill/Matthews area, so it's not that far. I was also thinking it might be fun to take over Beantown Tavern! I'm sure Donnie ( the owner) would love it! Keep up posted and maybe one day we'll fill up an entire bar! GO CANES!

I could probably get over to Boardwalk Billy's for a couple of games. Most of my group lives in the Mint Hill/Matthews area, so it's not that far. I was also thinking it might be fun to take over Beantown Tavern! I'm sure Donnie ( the owner) would love it! Keep up posted and maybe one day we'll fill up an entire bar! GO CANES!

Taking over Beantown would be great...as long as we could bring our own food. I've eaten there once, and it was not pretty. I just moved from Matthews to Indian Trail and have now become ever so fond of 485 on my way to work at 6:30am. You do notice a lot more hockey enthusiasts in Southeast Charlotte. Not that there's alot to begin w/ though...

I have been emailing with the people at Blackfinn at Epicentre and I was told they have all games on and that most of the bartenders are HUGE NHL fans. They said we would be more than welcome to come up for the Canes games and if we had a big enough group, make it into an event. I know it's uptown, but it is centrally located to everyone in Meck co. It does sound like there are more of us located in SE Charlotte though. I would be down for just about anything.

The hubby and I live in Fort Mill. We usually watch the game at home. I remember the Dave and Buster's being set up as get togethers, but with the later hours of the games and having a long drive back to SC, we couldn't make it.

In '06 there was always a good crowd at Kristophers. Moved to Universit area where I'll watch at The Flying Saucer sometimes, but the recent trend has been to get my neighbors to come over to the house. We usually have a "DECK GATE" party before, matter of fact, I'm late tonight. :huh:

In '06 there was always a good crowd at Kristophers. Moved to Universit area where I'll watch at The Flying Saucer sometimes, but the recent trend has been to get my neighbors to come over to the house. We usually have a "DECK GATE" party before, matter of fact, I'm late tonight. :huh:

Been there a few times, and I used to watch my NFL games there. Good place to watch sports.

I'm having pretty good luck watching the games at home! We are 4-1 when I watch at home so I may ride this train till I need to switch it up! But if anyone is having luck finding the Canes fans, let us all know and we'll just takeover somewhere! Great win last night!

I am going to be at the lodge tomorrow night with a good group of people to watch the game. The bar area isn't huge, but they have a good Canes corner. It is on the corner of Rae and Colony in the little shoping area there. Really good food also. So if you see some canes Jerseys there don't be surprised. The more the merrier!

Finding 'Canes fans in Charlotte is like searching for those sunglasses you dropped into the lake. Everything here is centered mostly around the Panthers and (puke) Tar Heels. And with all the transplants here, it seems like it is easier to find a Steelers, Bills, Yankees, etc. Bar than it is a Hockey bar, let alone a Canes one.

I do remember seeing some Canes fans at Harpers resturant near South Park mall during the '06 Finals, maybe only 2 or 3, but fans nonetheless.