The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Airport Ritual - Playoffs Canes Style

WHOOOOO! I'm sick and I have to study for exams, but who cares?! I'LL BE THERE!!!

ah, to be young again rather than older than dirt

Flight aware still says that the flight is "leaving" at 11:40...well, if it did, it left without Mo as he was doing the press conference! Any is that website updated realtime?

If you join the site, which is free, you can get a notification email or text sent to your phone when the plane departs and their expected ETA to the airport. There is a link on the upper right hand of the page. I did that the last time I went out there.

End 11:22 EDT

Scheduled Actual/Estimated

Departure 11:40PM EDT 11:40PM EDT

Doubt it

Well, the game didn't end until well after 11:00, about 11:30 or so, if I remember correctly. I wasn't looking at the clock ... I was shouting and cheering and jumping up and down!

As of 12:38, they still hadn't left yet. I'm estimating that they're going to be leaving around their original arrival time and arriving here an hour and a half later. But, according to Mike Maniscalco, there will be food and t-shirts and signs there for us all!

Wooooo-hooooooooo! I love the Hurricanes!!!

Whats up with 99.9 saying they already landed.

This was posted on facebook form the canes site a few minutes ago.....

The Canes are about to take off from Massachusetts. We should land in Raleigh in about 90 minutes.

Great turnout tonight, Caniacs!!! Well done! B)

I was able to get high fives from many of the boys tonight, including the man of the hour, Mr. Scott Walker!

Great turnout indeed, a couple hundred more than after g7 NJ, so I'd guess around 1,000ish, give or take 100. RDU Police were apparently a little overwhelmed by the turnout and had a couple Sheriff Deputies and a Cary policeman come over, if that gives you any idea how big the crowd was.

Backyard Bistro was gracious enough to provide the tailgating aspect of any Caniac event with a huge cooker. I brought a sign that quoted Walker when asked on "Ask The Canes" what the best advice your parents gave you was, "Don't start a fight, finish it." The best sign I saw was BOS-DONE. Brilliant!

If the crowd keeps growing they're gonna have to consider keeping temporary bleachers handy or something!

BTW, Scotty was one of the last to pull out of the lot, and he got a LOUD welcoming home. I felt like I was sitting (standing) in the RBC Center for a moment it was so loud. Also, Jussi, as he has done on the ice after the game, drove slowly past and applauded us all. Rosey, as usual, hung halfway out his window and yelled. It was all really fantastic.

Huge crowd. Close to 1000? Hard to tell. The police were a bit overwhelmed as fans eventually poured into the road blocking the full left lane of the street (as opposed to being orderly held at the curb as in the past). Ray Whitney was the biggest surprise, window down and high fiving fans. Others did as well. But Ray -- as much as a TV camara ham as he is -- can be a bit less engaging with fans. Shows how important the win was. Walker got big cheers and looked very appreciative. I got home about 3:30 and am getting ready to leave for work now at 6:00....should be a productive day! :lol:

Hey a quick note on the airport runs...if you don't want RDU Security to ban us in the future, please make sure you follow the rules. You need to pick up your trash when you leave. Also, alcohol is strictly forbidden so if you leave evidence of it on the ground, we are going to get banned pretty quick. Not trying to sound like your mom, but after talking to the security folks while a few folks picked up everyone else's trash, I figured I would let everyone know. Outside of the drinking bit, the security guys say the crowd was very well behaved and they enjoy us coming out.

See ya next time at the airport!