The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Airport Ritual - Playoffs Canes Style

Woooooo-hooooooo! Wooo-wooo-wooooooooo! (Who is Ric Flair, anyway, and is there a special reason he was chosen to be our Woo-woo guy? Just curious.) We're off to Game 7! Obviously, we'll be at the airport on Tuesday night. Who's going to make the phone calls? I was there the other day to pick up my phone, which apparently fell out of my pocket without my realizing it (thank you millions, Sue and Darryl (of Landmark Aviation), for keeping it safe for me!). I told Sue that if we won on Sunday, we'd be back on Tuesday night. She told me that they were aware of it and keeping an eye on the games so they'd know, but that a call and a heads-up wouldn't be a bad idea.

Dreamie, you made the calls the last time. Do you want to do it again? If you can't, I'll call, if you share the numbers you called. If anyone else wants to do it, or if you've done it already, please let us know. As I left the other day, I saw that the Lot 2 gate was up and signs that read "Special Event Parking" had been strategically placed, so I have a feeling they might be expecting us.

Oh, and does anyone know if the flight number will be the same? How do you find out what their flight number is, anyway? That's just something I'd like to know how to do, just in case someone who usually knows isn't online when someone who doesn't is.

Thanks everyone!

Canes RULE!

I'll be talking to Landmark and RDU again tomorrow (today - Monday). I'd assume the scenario will be the same as Thursday regarding parking logistics, the major to-do is to just make sure they know that we're back on for Tuesday night. I've already spoken to them a couple of times about the possibility, just need to make sure they know it's now confirmed.

The flight is pretty easy to track via FlightAware or any other flight tracking website. It may use the same tail number that was used for the two previous trips (PCE3937), if not, it's easy enough to do a search between the two airports and find the new tail number. I have text notfication so I should know when the flight plan is filed and if no one else has posted it I'll post the tracking link here.

We should have fans meet the players at the OPPOSING team's airport!!! Why haven't we done this yet? I mean how cool would that be...and the players would be floored by it. Obviously we wouldn't have as many fans show up as we down down at RDU...but still...just a handful would create national headlines.

We'd be the best fan base for sure then!

:lol:

I'll be talking to Landmark and RDU again tomorrow (today - Monday). I'd assume the scenario will be the same as Thursday regarding parking logistics, the major to-do is to just make sure they know that we're back on for Tuesday night. I've already spoken to them a couple of times about the possibility, just need to make sure they know it's now confirmed.

The flight is pretty easy to track via FlightAware or any other flight tracking website. It may use the same tail number that was used for the two previous trips (PCE3937), if not, it's easy enough to do a search between the two airports and find the new tail number. I have text notfication so I should know when the flight plan is filed and if no one else has posted it I'll post the tracking link here.

Thanks, Dreamie! You're, well, an absolute DREAM for coordinating all of this for us!

Quick Aside: Did you see the new Ruutu shirts at The Eye, tonight? They're red and say "We're not Booing ... We're Ruuuuuuing!" on them. It was out of my budget, but I bought one anyway because the crowd in front of them made me think they were going to go like hotcakes!

No problem, glad to do it. Ater the confusion at the airport the first night I thought it would be nice to have a little coordination between the airport and the fans, and I've tried to get word out on all the message boards.

Very cute shirts. I think a couple of folks who used to post on this board actually made up a few of those t-shirts with that same slogan last year. I actually own his game-worn jersey from Glen Wesley night, so I'd say I'm pretty financially tapped out on Ruutu apparel myself right now.

Hey Dreamie, the guy with the huge Stanley Cup in truck really outdid himself this year. The waterfall, fiberoptics and dry ice were excellent additions. Wish I was that creative to not only think that one up, but to be able to make work as well. I saw it on my way out of the arena last night.

Any info on a send off tomorrow ? The inlaws are in town and it'd me a great activity to meet up with the team before they jet off to nj?

I believe that this may be the flight to Newark today....

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3939''>http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3939' target="_blank">http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3939[/post]

Hey Dreamie, the guy with the huge Stanley Cup in truck really outdid himself this year. The waterfall, fiberoptics and dry ice were excellent additions. Wish I was that creative to not only think that one up, but to be able to make work as well. I saw it on my way out of the arena last night.

I took some pictures of it. I liked the orange coloring to it.

Win or lose I will be out there tuesday night... hopefully they have the signs and parking open for us again, now that they know whats going on it shouldnt be an issue.

Where does this truck usually park at the RBC? I need to check this out!

Where does this truck usually park at the RBC? I need to check this out!

Premier East- 1st row?

I've talked to Landmark and RDU Security again today, and "Lot 2" will be open again tonight, and they'll have signage for us, so logistics should be the same as they were Thursday night. Here's my previous message carried forward for directions. Hope to see lots of folks there!

For anyone heading to the airport tonight....I talked to Landmark Aviation and RDU Security today. They are going to open the lot formerly known as "Lot 2", now an unused lot, where we can congregate tonight. This is the lot between the Observation Park and the General Aviation terminal.

When the team arrives we'll need to stand in the same spot where we were Friday night, the grassy area between Lot 2 and General Aviation.

Best as I can tell, this map shows the parking area as "Park and Ride 2", and following are the directions. See you there!

Park-and-Ride-directions.gif

Directions to RDU Park & Ride 2 (Open only during holidays when other parking facilities are full)

From Interstate 40 East: Take Exit 284B and follow signs to RDU on Terminal Blvd. Continue on Terminal Blvd. past Terminal A. Take your first right turn onto W. International Drive. Continue on W. International Drive through the tunnels and as it turns 90 degrees to the right. Immediately following that turn, the entrance to Park and Ride 2 will be on the left.

From Interstate 40 West: Take Exit 285 and follow signs to RDU on Terminal Blvd. Continue on Terminal Blvd. past Terminal A. Take your first right turn onto W. International Drive. Continue on W. International Drive through the tunnels and as it turns 90 degrees to the right. Immediately following that turn, the entrance to Park and Ride 2 will be on the left.

From US 70: Take the Lumley Road exit and follow signs to RDU. The airport entrance will be ahead on your left hand side. Turn left into the airport on Commerce Drive and follow the signs toward the terminals. Continue past the cargo buildings (Fed Ex and UPS) on your right. Once you pass Observation Park on your left, you will take your first left hand turn onto International Drive.

Immediately following that turn, the entrance to Park and Ride 2 will be on your left.

From Interstate 540: Take I-540 West to Exit 2 (Aviation Parkway). Follow the signs for RDU and you will enter the airport on Terminal Blvd. Continue on Terminal Blvd. past Terminal A. Take your first right turn onto W. International Drive. Continue on W. International Drive through the tunnels and as it turns 90 degrees to the right. Immediately following that turn, the entrance to Park and Ride 2 will be on the left.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my oh my!

The guys have got to STOP waiting until the final seconds of the game to win it! It wreaks absolute havoc on all my internal systems! But, hey!, I'll take it!

We're going on to the SECOND ROUND!!!!!!

:blink: Wooooo-hoooooo! :blink:

Can't wait to celebrate with other Caniacs! I'll see you at the airport!

By the way, what's the flight number? Is it 3939? Or is it 3937?

Can someone PLEASE take pictures!!! I bet it is going to be awesome there tonight! I want to drive from Wilmington, but wife wont let me!!! SHE NEVER UNDERSTANDS!!! HAHA

MAN THAT WAS AWESOME! MY WHOLE NEIGHBORHOOD KNOWS!!! I AM SWEATY!!!

Can someone PLEASE take pictures!!! I bet it is going to be awesome there tonight! I want to drive from Wilmington, but wife wont let me!!! SHE NEVER UNDERSTANDS!!! HAHA

PCE3939 Scheduled Tue 11:20PM EDT Wed 12:30AM EDT Piedmont Aviation Services, Inc. D/B/A Pace Airlines Boeing 737-300

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3939''>http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3939' target="_blank">http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3939[/post]

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

How sure of this information are you?