The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Airport Ritual - Playoffs Canes Style

Haha that was awesome chad larose leaning out his window as he drove by was funny and cheering everyone. Jussi Jokinen leaning out the back window of a car with a camera of his own taking pictures of all of us!! wooooohooo LETS GO CANESS!!

Haha that was awesome chad larose leaning out his window as he drove by was funny and cheering everyone. Jussi Jokinen leaning out the back window of a car with a camera of his own taking pictures of all of us!! wooooohooo LETS GO CANESS!!

Jussi with a video camera taking a video of the caniacs makes me laugh...there is something to show your buddies back in finland...

There was more then just 700-800 imo especially whne you considered how muched it was at the front to. I would say at least 1000-1500 personally. But i dunno!

There was more then just 700-800 imo especially whne you considered how muched it was at the front to. I would say at least 1000-1500 personally. But i dunno!

Somewhere around there. I'm glad so many of us showed up to welcome our team back.

I don't know about 1,000 or more ... but quite a good turnout ... I'd guesstimate around 600-800 folks .... if anyone has been there before and know where they come out of the parking lot and down that short first road ... and then have to take a right ... fans were lined up from there and about 20-30 feet down toward the way you come in ... and then stretched the other way all the way to the entrance into that "General Avation - Employee Parking" parking lot entrance .... and I'd say it was 2 to 3 folks deep the whole way ... some places maybe 4 deep and on the ends only 1 or 2 deep ...

... but yeah ... it was cool the way LaRose was hanging out the window and screaming .... he was probably playing MegaDeath on the car stereo as well .... and then Jussi Jokinen was taking pics of the crowd .... and of course Tripp beeped his horn and revved his engine and good old Forslund I think likes to be last and he hooped and hollered and blew his horn ....

I drive an hour and a half to get there, then turned around and came back home - got here at 2:40 am. .... and now have to get back up at 06:40 am and drive an hour and 10 minutes back to Durham where I work ... but I guess it will be worth it ... to see the joy on the players faces when they say us all there ...

I'd say 700. I took some pictures and got a couple videos, but it's way too late for me to post them now. I'll get them up tomorrow evening and I'll post in this thread. Unfortunately I just got a new camera and haven't figured out how to best set it up for low light night pictures, but a few turned out okay.

It was awesome seeing such a huge welcome home for the team.

I have to say I preferred the setup in 2006. We were able to see them walk down the steps to the tarmac, and across the tarmac to their parking lot. Nobody expected sigs or anything, but it was nice to see their faces. Now, we are simply watching their cars go by. someone tell the players to slow down and roll their windows down. Nobody expects them to stop, but let us see who we are welcoming home.

Note: I was really hoping to see Ruutu to see if he was okay and from last night I don't even know if he made the flight home. I am sure he is okay or we probably would have heard something by now, but it would have been good to see him.

I don't know about 1,000 or more ... but quite a good turnout ... I'd guesstimate around 600-800 folks .... if anyone has been there before and know where they come out of the parking lot and down that short first road ... and then have to take a right ... fans were lined up from there and about 20-30 feet down toward the way you come in ... and then stretched the other way all the way to the entrance into that "General Avation - Employee Parking" parking lot entrance .... and I'd say it was 2 to 3 folks deep the whole way ... some places maybe 4 deep and on the ends only 1 or 2 deep ...

... but yeah ... it was cool the way LaRose was hanging out the window and screaming .... he was probably playing MegaDeath on the car stereo as well .... and then Jussi Jokinen was taking pics of the crowd .... and of course Tripp beeped his horn and revved his engine and good old Forslund I think likes to be last and he hooped and hollered and blew his horn ....

I drive an hour and a half to get there, then turned around and came back home - got here at 2:40 am. .... and now have to get back up at 06:40 am and drive an hour and 10 minutes back to Durham where I work ... but I guess it will be worth it ... to see the joy on the players faces when they say us all there ...

Wow! What a true Caniac! I give you the first star of the airport award tonight!

I'd say 700. I took some pictures and got a couple videos, but it's way too late for me to post them now. I'll get them up tomorrow evening and I'll post in this thread. Unfortunately I just got a new camera and haven't figured out how to best set it up for low light night pictures, but a few turned out okay.

It was awesome seeing such a huge welcome home for the team.

Please do post! :)

I have to say I preferred the setup in 2006. We were able to see them walk down the steps to the tarmac, and across the tarmac to their parking lot. Nobody expected sigs or anything, but it was nice to see their faces. Now, we are simply watching their cars go by. someone tell the players to slow down and roll their windows down. Nobody expects them to stop, but let us see who we are welcoming home.

Note: I was really hoping to see Ruutu to see if he was okay and from last night I don't even know if he made the flight home. I am sure he is okay or we probably would have heard something by now, but it would have been good to see him.

Ruutu was driving the SUV with Jussi in the backseat taking video, he was smiling and looked to be okay!

Ruutu was driving the SUV with Jussi in the backseat taking video, he was smiling and looked to be okay!

Thanks TH24. I was really hoping for no concussion when he was so slow getting up.

I have to agree, I liked the 2006 set up better. We could actually get a little access to the players. It was hard to tell who was in what car as they flew by. Great to see so many people there that late at night.

Ray Whitney gave a shout out to the fans at the airport on Jim Rome show in the 2-2:30 time slot. He said there were a couple hundred thousand caniacs there. Rome asked him about the number.... was it really a 200 thougand fans there? Whitney said it seemed like it, or something like that. Clearly the players notice the support and appreciate it greatly.

I wish I could find that Rome/Whitney interview. Ray does the best interviews.

I promised I would upload my pics/videos from the airport but the USB cable I was given by the person I bought my new camera from is the wrong one (it's not even mini-USB on the camera itself, it's some proprietary female connector that I don't have a cable for) so I don't know when I'll get them online. Sorry guys and gals.

I know there were countless other people out there at the airport with cameras and certainly someone else lurks the boards who could post some?

I'll try to get mine up by Friday. Stupid USB cable... ARGH

Canes fly out today at 1:15 pm if anyone is interested. For those of you are like to track the team when they are going to and from using flight aware, the team is using Laurence Hanscom Field in Bedford, MA as their airport...not Boston Logan.

Here is the link for todays flight:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3940''>http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3940' target="_blank">http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3940[/post]

I wonder why they're using the Airforce field instead of Logan.