The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Airport Ritual - Playoffs Canes Style

I wonder why they're using the Airforce field instead of Logan.

Hanscom is a General Aviation field, next to but not incorporated within the AFB.

And really...if you had the option to avoid Logan, wouldn't you take it? :)

Hanscom is a General Aviation field, next to but not incorporated within the AFB.

And really...if you had the option to avoid Logan, wouldn't you take it? :)

Point well taken :lol:

I wonder why they're using the Airforce field instead of Logan.

I used to work for an air ambulance company in Charlotte and often when we were setting up flights we would try to avoid the larger, more commercial airports. Not only is it easier to get to and you avoid a lot of the airport traffic, the pilots also avoid most of the air traffic and the waiting queue to land. In general, as long as there is a Fixed Base Operator at the airport you want to land at, and the runways exceed minimum requirements, you can pretty much land where ever you would like if you are a chartered flight.

I would go, but last time I was not feeling well and I ended up going....well, it laid me up in bed for 3 days with a high fever so I will stay home as I am still recooping. I will cheer them on from my bed as they fly over my house!

Man, I wish I lived in Raleigh... will you guys cheer once for me? Thanks... GO CANES!

Yeah and me as well? they deserve it after tonight

wow, hanscom field in bedford, thats where i grew up, that has like one hanger there..:) odd they flew out of there

Just got back. I'd guess around 100 faithful showed up. I got some good pics but I'm still waiting on my USB cable. The videos I took are pretty much worthless so I don't think I'll even bother posting those. Thanks to everyone who showed up.

I went out there early this morning to watch them and although I am dead tired at work this morning it was a lot of fun! What was quite humorous, that while we were waiting for the plane to land, the crowd was cheering every car and every bus that went by... I'm sure several people on the park in ride buses were wondering what the heck was going on!

The huge Stanley Cup on the back of the pickup truck was excellent!