The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac-97

Airport Ritual - Playoffs Canes Style

Hey all! I put a video on youtube of the greeting home after the Shock at the Rock. It's short, but it gets MOST of the people, even though there were a LOT more.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

cool, thanks for putting this up.

Thanks for posting these! (Our boys sure do clean up nice!) ;)

And they drive really nice cars! Ruutu and I almost bumped beemers one day in the RBC parking lot after the STH pregame skate party.

at hanscom, can u get somewhat close to players? thats my home towm, and 2 hours from cape..

Flight plan has been filed for the trip to Boston, so this is the Tail Number they'll be flying this weekend for tracking purposes.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3941''>http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3941' target="_blank">http://flightaware.com/live/flight/PCE3941[/post]

I'll call RDU Security sometime today or tomorrow just to make sure they're aware of the return tomorrow night.

Dreamie, you ROCK!!!

I'm going to make up a flyer/info sheet to pass out at Cool Bars tomorrow night. I was once curious about the whole airport thing. I wanted to do it, but didn't know where to go or who to ask to find out. I eventually did extensive Google searching to finally find this message board (and it was right in front of me the whole time!) and read about how it's "done" and how to get there, etc. If it's O.K. with you, I'd like to include your illustrated map and directions. Thanks!

Well, yes, actually I *do* rock. (LOL)

No problem, use the links and directions that are here to your heart's content! And I did confirm that RDU Security is now well aware of the drill, and will once again have Park and Ride Lot 2 open tonight. Expect arrival sometime around 1 am. Hope to see lots of folks there.

Well, yes, actually I *do* rock. (LOL)

No problem, use the links and directions that are here to your heart's content! And I did confirm that RDU Security is now well aware of the drill, and will once again have Park and Ride Lot 2 open tonight. Expect arrival sometime around 1 am. Hope to see lots of folks there.

I'll be there. I can sleep in June.

Thanks, Dreamie!

I got the flyer done, but the copy place was closed, so I didn't get them distributed. Oh, well, I'll just do it next time, because there will be a next time.

If anyone would like a copy of the flyer, let me know and I'll email it to you. I tried attaching it, but it's larger than the 500K max. Naturally, we all know about the airport greetings, where to go, how to get there, etc. But I had to do extensive Google searching to find out because no one I knew or called knew anything about it. My goal now is to get as many people informed as possible, so that crowds can be as large as possible. So, if you'd like to help spread the word, let me know, and I'll help you do so!

In the meantime, have fun, and I'll see you tonight!

GO CANES!

after tonight's butt-kicking the guys will need all of the encouragement they can get...cheer loud and be sure and bring cowbells

Here's a bit of helpful info that someone shared with me shortly after my first airport shout-and-greet during the first round:

hey, just to help you out about last night....... Scott Walker drives a minivan of some sort. Tim Gleason drives a white Cadillac Escalade, and Dennis Seidenberg drives a very sleek black Mercedes........A lot of times Jussi and Ruutu ride together, and normally Joni follows them in his own car.... But I wouldn't be surprised if that wasn't them all together for the away game..... Thanks for going out there, I'm sure they all appreciated it!

Just so you know. I just checked Flight Aware, and the plane left Boston at 11:50 pm, so I'm on my way!

Just got back, only about 75 people tonight. Mutual thanks to everyone who showed, but I'm a little disappointed by the showing. They need us most after a game like tonight's, but of the faces I could see through the windows and headlights in the face, they were all smiles.

Was my first trip out to RDU, but certainly not my last.

I thought I heard the one woman say the count was "35"??

For anyone else there, I was the only guy there with a shaved head! Say "Hey!" next time ya see me :)