The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
brandileigh2003

Canes Gear

So I know that The Eye has Hurricanes gear, but where else have you seen it?

I know that Walmart has shirts in the men's section.

I am specifically looking for the window flags! I want to join the Caniacs of the Triangle and show my support on my car.

Thanks!

I bought a shirt at *edit*'s sporting goods along time ago, I don't know if they still have canes stuff. Also "Play It Again Sports" had some Canes stuff, mostly jersey's I think.

So I know that The Eye has Hurricanes gear, but where else have you seen it?

I know that Walmart has shirts in the men's section.

I am specifically looking for the window flags! I want to join the Caniacs of the Triangle and show my support on my car.

Thanks!

*edit*'s Sporting Goods at Triangle Towne Center had the car flags a couple of weeks ago. They had a fairly good selection of t-shirts and some jerseys too. I don't know now though - that was during the New Jersey series, although I would imagine they would re-supply if they sell out.

As the playoffs have gone on I've seen more and more Canes stuff (mainly shirts) showing up in some different places. There was a place that was closing at the Cary Town Center (on the side with Radioshack/GameStop/Suncoast) with everything 50% off and that included a plethora of Canes jerseys. I don't know if they're still open though.

I have a few car flags, but I want one of the ones I've seen lately with 2 of the black/red squares on the flag.

As the playoffs have gone on I've seen more and more Canes stuff (mainly shirts) showing up in some different places. There was a place that was closing at the Cary Town Center (on the side with Radioshack/GameStop/Suncoast) with everything 50% off and that included a plethora of Canes jerseys. I don't know if they're still open though.

I have a few car flags, but I want one of the ones I've seen lately with 2 of the black/red squares on the flag.

I have one and ordered it on-line. They are a little smaller, but work.

The deeper we go into the playoffs the greater the likliehood we start seeing vendors pop up at busy intersections like in 02 and 06. Woooo Hooooooo! Also which rounds do they start having the Cup make it's local rounds? I know in 02 the cup made a round or two around the area before the finals. Would love to see the names engraved and my 6 year old wants her pic taken with it as well. My son has his pic with it in 02 and 06, neat seeing him grow with the cup.

The deeper we go into the playoffs the greater the likliehood we start seeing vendors pop up at busy intersections like in 02 and 06. Woooo Hooooooo!
I just hope they won't be selling those Chinese knock-off jerseys that have upside down Hurricane's logos on the front! :lol: I've seen a fan or two wearing those things at games... :blink:

I just hope they won't be selling those Chinese knock-off jerseys that have upside down Hurricane's logos on the front! :lol: I've seen a fan or two wearing those things at games... :blink:

Q4T. Please ensure that you are buying authentic merchandise or the team will never see a dime and you'll get cheap knockoffs and be embarrassed when someone points it out to you.

Things to look out for are misspelled players' names (ie: S t a l l instead of S t a a l, I've seen one of these jerseys) and logo misconfigurations (ie: the eye logo has the left colored portion red and the right portion black, which is reverse of the real logo). I'm also pretty sure all authentic NHL merch. has a hologram sticker attached to the item itself or the hangtag.

edit: lol @ admin who set the word filter on Staal - good thinking :)

Thanks everyone! I will try to look for some authentic on ebay.

Just another question-- last game I attended, I heard the tail end of something about a partner store with NCSU merchandise at Crabtree-- has anyone been to this store, and does it still exist? My hubby tried to surprise me with a flag and magnet as part of mother's day gift, but he said he couldn't find the store as listed on directory.

There is a Go Pack store in Ridgewood Shopping Center and I heard their ad on the radio recently mentioning they have Canes Gear. Go Pack Store used to be in Crabtree.

Q4T. Please ensure that you are buying authentic merchandise or the team will never see a dime and you'll get cheap knockoffs and be embarrassed when someone points it out to you.

Things to look out for are misspelled players' names (ie: S t a l l instead of S t a a l, I've seen one of these jerseys) and logo misconfigurations (ie: the eye logo has the left colored portion red and the right portion black, which is reverse of the real logo). I'm also pretty sure all authentic NHL merch. has a hologram sticker attached to the item itself or the hangtag.

After the '06 Cup Win, I ordered some Canes' Championship gear from NHL.com -- surely the most reliable source for authentic gear. I think it was a Canes Stanley Cup Champion jacket or sweatshirt and I noticed something funny about the hologram sticker. I looked closer and it was a Major League Baseball logo proclaiming the item as "Authentic MLB Apparel"!!! :lol:

At this point in the Finals series, the incorrect spelling above might be more appropriate. :unsure:

The place you're referring to is Sonny's. They still had a great selection of Canes stuff last Sunday. The store is close to the carousel- if you can find that in the mall. I looked at the prices on a couple things. You should be able to pick up a t-shirt for $20-30 plus tax. I think they may have had car flags, but I wasn't specifically looking for flags. Good luck in hunt for the flags.

Where did you find it online? I've checked a few places, but can't find one.

here is one:

http://mardigrasday.com/mardigras/99106.php''>http://mardigrasday.com/mardigras/99106.php' target="_blank">http://mardigrasday.com/mardigras/99106.php[/post]

and after doing some searching, I cannot seem to find the double one. If I come across it, I will let you know.