The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
nolanholcombe

Tragic

Sorry for your loss, it's never easy when you lose a parent regardless of how old you are. Keep pulling for the Canes and hopefully with your dad's help the Canes will move on to the next round.

Sorry for your loss. It's good that you can still feel your father is looking out for and helping you, and if he has some to spare for the Canes and Matt, that's great. Glad to hear you're both pulling for them!

Nolan - I am very sorry for your loss. If we make it to round two, you can have my lower level tickets (4) to one of the home games here in Raleigh. I am sure you are busy with hockey and it may not be feasible but if not these playoffs, how about a home game next year. You pm me and let me know. God bless your family during this difficult time.

Nolan - I am very sorry for your loss. If we make it to round two, you can have my lower level tickets (4) to one of the home games here in Raleigh. I am sure you are busy with hockey and it may not be feasible but if not these playoffs, how about a home game next year. You pm me and let me know. God bless your family during this difficult time.

You are awesome! What a great gesture!

, nolan im so sorry, and maybe the canes will give u and ur dad a heck of aride.. thanks for sharing, and again, im sorry..

Nolan

Sorry to hear about your loss, it effects all who read this

Ilikekabs

What a great gesture, the whole thread brings a tear to my eyes. In our hasty times we forget what is really important. My dad is visiting me for a few days, and I will definetly make it a point I tell him how much he means to me.

I have a feeling Cullen will come through a big way in GAME 7

GO CANES

win another for Nolans Dad

Awesome gesture I'd shake your hand if I met you. *high five*

Nolan-

I believe strongly to this day my passed away grandfather saved me from a car wreck, I have no doubt your belief in your father pulling for the Canes is going to give us the strength to put forth a solid effort tomorrow.

Understand though that if we don't make it he's still there watching and we got a STH in our front row in Heaven.

Nolan - you might like to read this update about Matt Cullen: Talking Points: Cullen Improving

I'm from Wisconsin, although I've lived here in Raleigh for over 35 years. But I'm still a Green Bay Packers fan, because my dad was.

I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for being a Hurricanes fan all the way up there!

ilikekabs: two thumbs up to you. :)

I did not know where to post this under so i just decided to make a new topic. A little more then a month ago my dad died. He was a big Matt Cullen fan and made me be one too. Since Matt Cullen has been a hurricane my dad has liked them too. He tried to see every game this year which was hard because he was always with me at my hockey tournaments. I know he was there when my team won the Wisconsin state tournament for midgets 16 and under two weekends after he died. Although my team was a bantam A team we were to old to play in the bantam one. So my dad helped me get 19 points and my team to win. My dad was such a big supporter of hockey in superior where i live that anywhere we go he know everyone. I almost guarantee some how my dad is trying his best to some how help the canes win the cup. So now at the age of 15 i have to cheer twice as hard for the canes to make up for not having my dad. When the canes scored that goal with .2 seconds left i just thought my dad had to help them out there not saying they arent good enough to do it by themselfs but it gave them a little more luck. So lets hope the canes can win the cup.

[/quote

HEY, NOLAN...YOU'RE AN AWESOME KID. KEEP THE FAITH MY FRIEND AND I'LL LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ON A HURRICANES TEAM ROSTER SO I CAN ROOT FOR YOU!

I did not know where to post this under so i just decided to make a new topic. A little more then a month ago my dad died. He was a big Matt Cullen fan and made me be one too. Since Matt Cullen has been a hurricane my dad has liked them too. He tried to see every game this year which was hard because he was always with me at my hockey tournaments. I know he was there when my team won the Wisconsin state tournament for midgets 16 and under two weekends after he died. Although my team was a bantam A team we were to old to play in the bantam one. So my dad helped me get 19 points and my team to win. My dad was such a big supporter of hockey in superior where i live that anywhere we go he know everyone. I almost guarantee some how my dad is trying his best to some how help the canes win the cup. So now at the age of 15 i have to cheer twice as hard for the canes to make up for not having my dad. When the canes scored that goal with .2 seconds left i just thought my dad had to help them out there not saying they arent good enough to do it by themselfs but it gave them a little more luck. So lets hope the canes can win the cup.

This helps to put things in perspective. I lost my Dad before I was old enough to really appreciate him. Once I wnet through my teenage years it was taking awhile to get "back on track" with him. I did not get that chance. Like you I remember all things things we did together. I never got to share Hockey with him. You have alot to cherish there.

After reading this thread this afternoon, I was thinking about it after we scored the last two goals. Like everyone, sorry for your loss. Next time the Canes play the Wild I am there, and hope you will be there also!

I am sorry for your loss. I too lost my father at a young age. I was 18. May your family be blessed during this difficult time and remember not how he died but how he lived.

Either your Dad helped the Canes out or the Canes played Game 7 for your Dad. One thing is for certain: he had the best seat from above!

gives me goosebumps. In 06, a dear close friend of me and my dad was diagnosed w/ cancer and he followed the chase for the Cup religiously from home or hospital, depending on where he was. Another Caniac was kind enough to get me 3 lower level tickets for openinng night in 07...for me, my dad, and my friend. He went to his first and last game that night, saw the Cup, the banner hoisting, the whole deal. He passed away right after that, and talked of it until he died. This bunch is the best ever...and keeps proving it.

Another Caniac was kind enough to get me 3 lower level tickets for openinng night in 07...for me, my dad, and my friend. He went to his first and last game that night, saw the Cup, the banner hoisting, the whole deal. He passed away right after that, and talked of it until he died. This bunch is the best ever...and keeps proving it.

Powerful stuff. What an incredible act of kindness and selflessness.