The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
canefan248

Our "Stars" -- MIA

Our other guys are the ones that concern me more though. Rutuu and Cole have been absolutely horrible in terms of scoring. They've been physical, but they don't get to play on the top lines to just hit people. Brindamour can't use age as an excuse because he light the lamp numerous times with 20 pts in his last 17 games before the playoffs began. Whitney has been okay, but not near his regular season pace and Cullen (even though he probably is playing through injury) hasn't been the same either. LaRose and Jussi are our only supporting players right now who are scoring. Corvo, Pitkanen and Babchuck have all suffered from our PP struggling. I think that in this series though we can beat the Pens PK if we can simply get the puck on net. They're giving us space for shot at the point, but we're passing WAYYYYYYYYYYYY too much.

Mo may insert Babchuk for this reason and being at home will control last line changes for his match ups. I'm hoping Mo has a few more tricks up his sleeve like he had for NJ and Boston. Tighter team play and a few wrinkles to get more pucks on net for the Canes can make a difference. Also, guarantee that Rowe will have the D playing better tomorrow night. Each time the D has looked sloppy in this year's playoffs he's gotten them to play tighter the next game.

I expect to see alot more shooting than passing during the PP tomorrow.
Same here. They aren't going up against Marty or Timmy; they don't have to have a bang-bang play or perfect shot to net one. This should be our "dirty goal series." Just lob it at the net and collapse. Find a seam and shoot it even if MAF can see it; he still gives up tons of rebounds. The need for a 100mph shot isn't there, and for that reason alone I'd keep Kabs in over Babs. In fact, Kabs has shown the most physicality I've seen... ever? I'm guessing he is tired of the press box. Babs hasn't fully figured out how to use his size so, there's no advantage to either one IMO. The only thing Babs has that Kabs doesn't is a super fast shot. But, Kabs has a pretty accurate shot and isn't the defensive liability Babs is. Also, Babchuk was still looking nervous in the Boston series while Frank has appeared cool and collected, and we need to maintain that composure.

I'm digressing from the topic at hand... I don't have anything to offer other than what has already been said but cliche or not, Staal, Whitney, Gleason, Corvo, Cole, Brindy, Ward... they need to play like our stars if we're gonna have any shot at winning 4 out of 5.

Since I don't see a GDT for todays game ( #3 ) :blink:

I'll post this here..

Don't want to jinx anything, but I may have a big surprise later tonight...

Clearly our "Stars" are not at the same skill and playing level as are the Pens "Stars". But where are our "Stars"? Staal is back to his usual MIA, mid-December form. Cole, Whitney, Brind'Amour are not contributing. Pit, Corvo, Gleason and The Secret Weapon are playing some sloppy shifts. The only "Star" that we have is LaRose.

Since I don't see a GDT for todays game ( #3 ) :blink:

I'll post this here..

Don't want to jinx anything, but I may have a big surprise later tonight...

Could that surprise start with the name Drayson or Zach?

:rolleyes:

Certain players have not shown up these playoffs. And the original poster forgot to mention Jokinen. He's consistently been scoring, and not just goals, but also huge goals for the team in huge moments. The players who need to be called out are Cole, Whitney, Brindy, Staal, Cullen, (ESPECIALLY STAAL, he needs to pot in a few goals, he was like second in playoff goals at the start of this series...). I am also talking about just this round (although Cole, Brindy, Ruutu, Cullen, and lack of goals on the D haven't been there all postseason).

Eric Staal, our "biggest & brightest star" is really a pee wee league star at best. Not only was he MIA again in last night's game but he really doesn't give a hoot. He was, as frequently is the case" outside of the play, simply skating around and waiting for that breakaway pass that when it did come, he was not able to do anything with. He was again not physical and he is really only a secondary NHL above average player.

All of this is frivolous anyway, everybody knows that the Wings are going to win the Cup again. Its just going to be even more hilarious when the Wings do it against Pittsburgh with their own secret weapon from last year.

Hey we could miraculously come back and win this series, go against Detroit (most likely) and might suffer a heart breaking defeat like in 01, or we could sit back and watch Pittsburgh get destroyed again. Sure I'd like to see us win it and make it to the Cup again, but watching Pittsburgh get beat by Detroit again in exactly the same fashion as last year, may just be as good and or funny to watch.

All of this is frivolous anyway, everybody knows that the Wings are going to win the Cup again. Its just going to be even more hilarious when the Wings do it against Pittsburgh with their own secret weapon from last year.

Hey we could miraculously come back and win this series, go against Detroit (most likely) and might suffer a heart breaking defeat like in 01, or we could sit back and watch Pittsburgh get destroyed again. Sure I'd like to see us win it and make it to the Cup again, but watching Pittsburgh get beat by Detroit again in exactly the same fashion as last year, may just be as good and or funny to watch.

You do have a good point there Appstate!

If that pairing happens, I hope you're wrong. Eastern Conference Hockey!

In 2006 our leaders led by example. When times were tight you could count on Rod or Ray to give the team a boost with extraordinary play. This year they haven't been able to produce though I know they'd like to. That extra drive factor seems to be missing. Maybe someone can step up on Tuesday and ignite the real Canes that have been AOL this series.