The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Win or lose....

I have never agreed with you more than I do right now TSA. A lengthy standing ovation and a "Let's Go Canes" chant is most definitely something that should be done tomorrow night. Frankly I was going to give them one whether other people wanted to or not. I have never been prouder of this team (and yes that includes '05-'06) for everything they have done and they heart they have shown. This team has accomplished more than anyone (including their own fan base) ever expected and we should show them our appreciation for a great season no matter what happens.

So....is a standing ovation and "Lets GO Canes" chant at the end of game #4 something we should do to thank our team for the great ride and all the memories this post season has brought us?

Thoughts?

No. Only if Game 4 is a loss is a Standing O appropriate (e.g., we didn't give them anything out of the oridinary after Game 6 in either the Devils or Bruins series even though either of those may have been the "last" home game of the post-season). With a Win in Game 4, just assume that they'll be back for Game 6 (or, if you must have a Plan B, meet them at the airport following a Game 5 loss and you can cheer them farewell then).

No. Only if Game 4 is a loss is a Standing O appropriate (e.g., we didn't give them anything out of the oridinary after Game 6 in either the Devils or Bruins series even though either of those may have been the "last" home game of the post-season). With a Win in Game 4, just assume that they'll be back for Game 6 (or, if you must have a Plan B, meet them at the airport following a Game 5 loss and you can cheer them farewell then).

That sounds fair.

I agree with this, I remember when we did this against the Devils back in 2001 after losing Game 6 and the series. If we do it tomorrow and we're not about to lose, it's as if we're already conceding defeat.

Remember, a win tomorrow changes the series COMPLETELY. It won't be, "Oh, we won one but we'll still lose." It's going to be, "Hey, we really have a shot at this thing."

Remember the Caps came back from being down 3-1 to beat the Rangers, and the Caps looked about as listless in that series as we do now. Or that we were up 3-1 and in total control of that Boston series, and they were a bounce away from coming back to beat us.

As Rambo said, "NOTHING IS OVER!"

That's a good point. I hope your version is what happens. :)

These guys deserve a standing O, IMO. I'm sure it will be appreciated. We may not seen a few of these players in a Canes jersey after this summer.

What a long, strange trip it's been, for sure.

A standing O is a no brainer for this team. I have flown my car flag all through the playoffs and will keep flying it until a couple of days after our playoffs end.

They will get a standing O from me, win, lose, or draw. I fully expect it to be for a win.

No brooms. No handshakes.

THIS!

I will be standing and cheering this team no matter what happens tonight. I expect a win. But no matter what, I'll be cheering my team.

I AM: Proud2BCaniac.

Win or lose, this could be the last chance we get this season to let the team know that we appreciate the ride they've taken us on. The Sabres, Rangers, Bruins, Caps and Im sure plenty of other teams have all given their teams standing ovations after the final buzzer regardless of the score on the jumbotron when the final buzzer of the season went off.

Its been said in several other threads that few of us ever thought we'd be where we are today or even having made the playoffs at all. We took a vote in another thread about how far the team had to get this season to consider it a success and most agreed that making the playoffs and even winning 1 round exceeded expectations. The Canes have not only made the playoffs, but won 2 rounds taking out the conferences top seeds along the way.

The past two seasons left the team and the fans frustrated but this season has shown us that anything is possible, and created a new identity for this team. They're resilient, gritty, hard working and they keep skating till the final buzzer.

Enough of my soapbox....

So....is a standing ovation and "Lets GO Canes" chant at the end of game #4 something we should do to thank our team for the great ride and all the memories this post season has brought us?

Thoughts?

Agreed.......well said....should we go down, it just wasnt meant to be........but they are OUR team and we stand by them win or lose.

As a Pens fan, I fully expect you guys to win this game anyhow. Pens always lose the first chance they have to eliminate a team, and the canes will be going beyond all out tonight. Either way a nice cheer would be a classy move on your part. Always support the home team.

I was a little disappointed in the crowd dispersing so quickly after the open net goal Saturday. I guess because there was at least one more home game, they didn't feel the need to stay, but since it was my last game ( I couldn't afford to do both games in this series) I was staying to the bitter end and applauding anyway.

So you guys that are going, no matter the score at the end, please stay and give a standing O to a team that beat the odds and made the Eastern Conference Finals.