The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

So we're in a 3-0 hole...

i agree, he must be a youngster. I am pretty close to Malkin's moms age and didn't find her the least bit revolting, just got annoyed because they kept showing her so much instead of the game. someone at VS must have the hots for her.

In all seriousness, what's really revolting is how much they show the woman. I was just teasing about her looks but the fact they keep cutting to her is annoying as hell. As soon as Malkin picks up a point, it's OMFG WE HAVE TO SHOW HIS MOM. I turned on the TV to watch the game, period.

Anyone saying the Canes can't offensively keep up with the Pens, I disagree with. Sure some of the chances the Canes have had would have been put in by the more talented Pens players. But offense we have, defense we don't. The Pens are walking all over our defense.

Good defense is a state of mind more that an act of talent. Anyone can play good defense, if they put their mind to it. All the 5 players on the ice have to do is move up and down as a group, take your man, have patience and put your head on a swivel. That doesn't take talent, it takes mindset and effort.

Ok, so maybe a 5-10 winger won't be able to effectively check Zdeno Chara. But the Canes have good, sizable mobile and smart defensemen and forwards who are for some reason all having brain fade at the same time.

Eric Staal is a big powerful forward with speed who isn't able to walk to the net in this series because he's being run into. Why is someone, anyone, not running into Malkin? Why isn't someone tying up Crosby, even if there's a penalty on the play? The refs are letting lots of interference go, but the Canes players refuse to be physical on these talented players until the play is already in our net. Why?

Canes out of gas? But the Pens only played one less game than the Canes. Ward injured? I would guess no, he just can't stop talent of this level if left out to dry by the rest of his teammates.

The Pens are that good, and are playing at the top of their game. The Canes are not that bad, their group of forwards and defensemen are a good talented group. For some reason, mentally, they are not there.

Being down 0-3, would it be any easier to take as fans if they had lost 2 of those blowout games in OT instead?

Look back to how close the Finals were in '02. Was that an easier series to take, losing in 5 to Detroit?

Would it be easier to take, if the Canes were "just that close" or "one shot away" in every game? Losing is losing.

Two teams have come back to win from 0-3. The Pens would need to have a massive collapse, and the Canes would have to all of a sudden snap out of their mental funk and solve the Pens offense for that to happen.

Canes record in the playoffs round three: 2-0

...Eric Staal is a big powerful forward with speed who isn't able to walk to the net in this series because he's being run into....

What is happening to Staal is what eventually happened to OV. His wingers are not keeping up with him, so it is 1 on 3 or 4. NHL on the Fly did a great job of showing the OV problem, and the Pens have masterfully done the same to Staal due to no winger support. Ruutu and Cole going down in game 1 was more damaging than you'd think. The lost speed is evident when he's paired with Whitney, where the "playmaker" part of Whitney's game doesn't mesh well with Staal's speed/rush. Rosie has done a good job hustling when on a line with Staal with the line changes.

The Canes just look out of gas.

If that's the case, I hope Pete Friesen has the training table full of a double ration of beans for the boys tomorrow! :lol:

If that's the case, I hope Pete Friesen has the training table full of a double ration of beans for the boys tomorrow! :lol:

Good one ;)

Does anyone else find it curious that Maurice threw out that comment about Cam playing through injury? Injuries are kept very quiet, especially in the playoffs so that comment just struck me as very strange.

Good one ;)

Does anyone else find it curious that Maurice threw out that comment about Cam playing through injury? Injuries are kept very quiet, especially in the playoffs so that comment just struck me as very strange.

Why not; there has to be some excuse for his/the team's play. If something wasn't mentioned, then it'd just be like we're that much inferior to the Pens.

Why not; there has to be some excuse for his/the team's play. If something wasn't mentioned, then it'd just be like we're that much inferior to the Pens.

Thats a pretty bad one to throw out there if thats the case.

Thats a pretty bad one to throw out there if thats the case.

I agree; mentioning that your star goalie, and foundation of the team, has issues really doesn't help on any front. Maybe they all just realize that this series is lost, so no more reason to hide anything. Because you're right TSA, no matter what sport it is, when the playoffs come teams hush up about injuries and other things.

At least when they still have a reason to.

Geez...,maybe we should have just stopped our season after our 1st two game losing streak. I say fight to the end. Show your stuff anddon't go out with your tail between your legs. If the Pens win, make them work hard for it. Our guys are pros and will not just roll over and play dead just to get it over with quicker. Unbelieveable!

I think you missed the point of my post...

The reason I don't really want that... if we are doomed to lose this series no matter what, then I'd rather it just go ahead and be a sweep instead of it going to six games and getting us excited like we have some hope, only to kill all of that hope by losing.

I think you missed the point of my post...

I don't think anyone here missed the point of your post. I think most on here want to win tonight even if we were to lose the next one, or the one after that, or Game 7. In sports you never want to see your team lose. Yeah, we won't be able to give them their little ovation for a season well played, but I'd rather cheer for a victory and another chance to see my boys play.

Your post is pretty clear and your glass is half empty.

Okay, history lesson everyone. There have been 2 teams that have come back from a 3-0 deficit. The Leafs did it in 1942. The other team to accomplish this feat was the NY Islanders back when they were good.

Who did the Islander beat to become only the 2nd team to come back from a 3-0 hole?

Hint: they are tasty when grilled

Who did the Islander beat to become only the 2nd team to come back from a 3-0 hole?

Hint: they are tasty when grilled

The Chickens? I didn't know that was a team back in the day. Huh, you learn something new every day.

yes, it is one of our claims to fame...... the pens and detroit are the only two teams to ever give up a 3-0 lead. and you cant seriously tell me you have tried penguin before???

Penguin is the fruit of the ice. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, penguin-kabobs, penguin creole, penguin gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple penguin, lemon penguin, coconut penguin, pepper penguin, penguin soup, penguin stew, penguin salad, penguin and potatoes, penguin burger, penguin sandwich. That- that's about it.

Penguin is the fruit of the ice. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, penguin-kabobs, penguin creole, penguin gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple penguin, lemon penguin, coconut penguin, pepper penguin, penguin soup, penguin stew, penguin salad, penguin and potatoes, penguin burger, penguin sandwich. That- that's about it.

Hahahahaha. Penguins are friends, not food!

he went bubba blue on me

Everything tastes better when grilled. ;)

I'm not sure if Ward is injured or was just "not feeling well" for game 2. I don't think it would have been mentioned if it was an ongoing thing. But I'm sure there are 1 or 2 injuries in that room that we will only find out about when all is said and done, hopefully not as serious as Krejci and Kessel's were. Prime suspects are Whitney and Brind'Amour.

yes, it is one of our claims to fame...... the pens and detroit are the only two teams to ever give up a 3-0 lead. and you cant seriously tell me you have tried penguin before???

Only because we can't hunt them here on the North American continent. If I could get a tag, I'd bag 'em.

Only because we can't hunt them here on the North American continent. If I could get a tag, I'd bag 'em.

Actually, wild populations of penguins live exclusively in the southern hemisphere, primarily in Antartica, Australia and New Zealand. :)

That's what we always prepare for one of our NASCAR cookouts.

Of course, thats why the gun is always on the rack in the back of the pick up too. Well, the one we drive anyway, not the one propped up on cinder blocks in our front yard next to the broken washing machine.

That's what we always prepare for one of our NASCAR cookouts.

Of course, thats why the gun is always on the rack in the back of the pick up too. Well, the one we drive anyway, not the one propped up on cinder blocks in our front yard next to the broken washing machine.

Or the handgun in the car center console because we have a concealed carry permit.