The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gjustinj

If this is the end..

Hey if tonight is the end of the Carolina Hurricanes NHL run this year.. I just wanted to say congratulations to a hard fought season! And see you in the playoffs next year. :)

Wow. And if this is the end of Crosby's playoff run because he blows out a knee or breaks a nail, then congratulations on a hard fought season. Right back at ya.

Well we know one of two things will happen, either the walk of shame (the handshake line) or we will see one heck of a game.

Wow. And if this is the end of Crosby's playoff run because he blows out a knee or breaks a nail, then congratulations on a hard fought season. Right back at ya.

I didn't say it "is" the end for the Hurricanes, it was an "if" statement. I'm just giving you guys a high five... Cus I think you guys are severely under-rated and I've enjoyed watching you play this season... And for the record, Crosby is not the only "great" player on the Pens..

I didn't say it "is" the end for the Hurricanes, it was an "if" statement. I'm just giving you guys a high five... Cus I think you guys are severely under-rated and I've enjoyed watching you play this season... And for the record, Crosby is not the only "great" player on the Pens..

Look, I appreciate the effort on your part to come here and give props. However, I'm sure there's already a thread around here you could have posted this comment instead of making your own. We are not underrated, just playing to potential the last part of the season.

And for the record, ask your basic run of the mill sports fan about the Penguins, and all they would know is what the league and NBC (nothing but crosby network) feeds them, which IS Crosby. Nice to see Malkin giving him a run for MVP. Must annoy the Canandians at bit that a Russian, again, is outplaying a native.

And for the record, ask your basic run of the mill sports fan about the Penguins, and all they would know is what the league and NBC (nothing but crosby network) feeds them, which IS Crosby. Nice to see Malkin giving him a run for MVP. Must annoy the Canandians at bit that a Russian, again, is outplaying a native.

Before this playoff season I would have said hands down Malkin was a better player than Crosby. Malkin doesn't have the easiest time with the english language and that really hinders his popularity at times. The NHL publicity machine is always after that next great Canadian born player.

Since this playoff season started they have both elevated their game in ways that I didn't see coming or would have even guessed possible. They are both doing light years better in face offs, defense and even scoring this year. Sid has morphed into a power forward at times by dominating games near the crease and terrorizing any rebound he can find. I don't really have words for what Malkin has done, especially this series.

Before this playoff season I would have said hands down Malkin was a better player than Crosby. Malkin doesn't have the easiest time with the english language and that really hinders his popularity at times. The NHL publicity machine is always after that next great Canadian born player.

Since this playoff season started they have both elevated their game in ways that I didn't see coming or would have even guessed possible. They are both doing light years better in face offs, defense and even scoring this year. Sid has morphed into a power forward at times by dominating games near the crease and terrorizing any rebound he can find. I don't really have words for what Malkin has done, especially this series.

Agreed. :)

Based on Pens visits to RBC, last year Crosby looked way above Malkin. This year, early April big game, Malkin looked just as good (key part of Pens attack). Now, it's no contest. Clearly 6 goals in this series shows where your money is being made.

Thanks for the kind words, I guess. Not really interested in seeing the Wings win another Cup so hope your boys do what they have to do.

Negatory, my friends. Brooks Orpik is never allowed to raise the cup. It's simple logic, you break Erik Cole's neck, you don't get to lift the Cup, period.

Let's go Wings!

Negatory, my friends. Brooks Orpik is never allowed to raise the cup. It's simple logic, you break Erik Cole's neck, you don't get to lift the Cup, period.

Let's go Wings!

Seconded. Even though I'm in the camp of not resigning Cole next year, Orpik may have derailed what was a break out career year for Erik and it still could've been a lot worse. That b%$#%$# will never raise the Cup, LET'S GO WINGS!!...can't believe I just said that......

Welp, I really would have liked to seen this series go at least one more game, because I enjoy watching the Canes so much. I'm not sure what it was, but the Canes looked a little unprepared for the all, but one match with the Pens. At any rate, this team has come from way back to win many games and make it Eastern Conference Finals - that's a hell of a lot to be proud of. Stand up out of your seat and clap, this team has pushed the boundries, and give your new coach the rightful respect.

I have a feeling we will see you guys again Next Year. Until then, well played mates...

:)