gocanes88

Official THANK YOU CANES thread

Thank you guys --

- for so many memorable playoff moments

- for fighting to the end

- for the great atmosphere you create at RBC

- for your positive presence in the community

- for giving my family so many fun memories that we've shared together

... and for the opportunity to do it all again next year!

You rock.

I'm proud of the guys...I really thought the way the season was going we had no shot at the playoffs and even when we made it I was doubting we got the first round yet we got to the Eastern Conference Finals. I'm am deeply proud of this team and the coaches...thanks a lot guys!

Thank you guys sooooooooo much!!! This season seemed to be simply be a rehash of the last 2 years when you guys took the bull by the horns and ran this thing into late May. You provided Caniac Nation with some incredible finishes and helped to continue to grow this awesome and passionate fanbase. I stayed until the end of the game tonight to give you guys the salute you deserve.

With a few key needs addressed in the offseason we can come back next year and take the league by storm. This season was amazing, but perhaps more importantly is just a precursor of greater things to come from this team the next few years.

THANK YOU CANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm proud of the guys...I really thought the way the season was going we had no shot at the playoffs and even when we made it I was doubting we got the first round yet we got to the Eastern Conference Finals. I'm am deeply proud of this team and the coaches...thanks a lot guys!

This is a "copy" from a Hurricanes Talk thread but is appropriate if it's going to be printed for the players...

QUOTE (Caniac617 @ May 27 2009, 02:16 AM) *

Thank you Canes....

Thank you Wardo -- you put us on your back for this ride and we loved every minute of it...get better...you are going to have a great career.

Thank you Roddy -- we love your heart and your will...

Thank you Staalsy -- we wouldn't be here without you...

Thank you Whit for being the character guy that you are...

Thank you Juice for the Finnish Magic...

Thank you Walks for Game 7...

Thank you Rosey for your heart and your willing to give it your all every shift...

Thank you Colesy for coming back ...

Thank you Timmy for being our defensive rock this season...

Thank you Mo, Ronnie, Tommy...

Thank you River Rats...

Thank you Johnny and Tripp...

Thank you Chuck...

Thank you JR and PK...

Thank you Caniacs for rockin the loudest house in the NHL!

Can't wait for next year!!! So proud of this team! I will be a Caniac for life!

QUOTE (metalgirl @ May 26 2009, 09:49 PM) *

Thanks for putting into words what seems beyond me tonight. So proud of this team and sad that this is the last game I get to attend this year. Please, everyone get healthy and let's see what we can do next year!! Go Canes!!

To the Hurricanes players, staff, management and ownership.

This was such a fun year for me. I enjoyed all the games I attended, even the playoff games, win or lose.

My favorite moments of the year.

Staal's hatty against Calgary(?)

Rosie scoring 19 goals,

Staal getting 40 goals

Jussi's 0.2 miracle... which I was there for.

Scotty's miracle finish in Boston and his A. Ward punch

Thank you guys for a memorable season.

Yeah, our boys got a lot further than expected... and that took heart. I am proud of our organization, our players and especially my fellow caniacs! And here is something that big market teams might not understand: I wouldn't trade any of the Canes, not one, for anyone else. I wouldn't take 20 Alex Ovechkins or Malkins for one Chad Larose, one Brind'Amour, one Jokinen... I'll always be proud of an organization that chooses quality in character over quality in performance. Good people are always winners.

Thanks for the fantastic ride!

Thank you, again, Pete Karmanos, for bringing this team to us and giving Carolina, Duke, and State fans a single team to cheer for.

Thank you, Jimmy Rutherford, for your perseverance and hockey savvy to bring in all of the right pieces to make a run.

Thank you, Paul Maurice, for enduring the unwelcoming return to Raleigh and for pulling all of the right levers to push this team into the right direction and giving us all an unforgettable run. I'm glad you are out of the media blender that is Toronto and I hope you can continue pulling the right levers come next season.

Thank you, Ronny Francis, Tom Rowe, Kevin McCarthy, Pete Friesen, Wally and Skip, and the rest of the coaching, training, and equipment staff.

Thank you to every single Hurricanes player for an unforgettable run slam full of great memories. This year's run was cut short, but I have every reason to believe this team can and will return to glory.

It was a rollercoaster ride that I will treasure forever. Although it's hard to appreciate in the aftermath of an ECF sweep, there are too many great things that have happened over the last 4 months to look at this season as nothing but a failure. In the end, you did not reach your goal, but never forget all of the wonderful memories we were all blessed with and hold onto those. Rest assured that the majority of you will be tacking on more unforgettable moments to your memories in the days to come.

I can't wait for September.

Thanks Canes for a wonderful year. 2002, 2006, and now we can add 2009.

Hopefully some of the people who jumped on the bandwagon over the last couple of months will stick around for the future. The good times are that much sweeter when you've been around for the bad ones.

Thank you to the entire Carolina Hurricanes organization, especially the guys who left it all out there on the ice so many times in this run, for one heck of a playoff run. It was terrific!

Although you may not feel like it now, you all have a lot to be proud of. Nobody in the media or NHL thought our team would get this far. You proved yourselves to be real men of character.

Go Canes!!

Thank you guys for an incredible 1st season. 1st ever hockey game was 11/12/08 vs Washington. Semin went off, and hurricanes lose 5-1. Even in the loss, i loved every second of being in that RBC center. Yesterday, i calculated all my ticket stubs to see how much i spent this year. And when i calculated all ticket stubs, hurricanes u, and gate, i spent over $1300. All because of the love i have for the team. I got to meet some great fans, some interesting hurricane personnel, and all the players. I got to run drills with Dwight Helminen. I got to ride on the zamboni at a Rangers game. Lot of fun memories of this team to be disappointed.

Thank you Canes for going above and beyond expectations this year, especially after things looked so bleak in January. I have held off posting until now, and it hasn't been till now that I realized I am extremely thankful for everything you all do for the community. This really is one giant family, and I appreciate everything! Can't wait until the preseason, and as always...LETS GO CANES!!!

Thanks to the entire team for making my first year as a STH memorablle. I watched all the Canes hockey I could from the first RecZone practices right through the last game last night.

You guy's did me proud.

Oh, and I'll be there next year too...

To ALL the Players...and associated personnel (coaching staff, management, etc.)...What a ride...Thank you doesn't seem like enough...At the begining of the season I made a deal with myself to attend at least 1 game a month,including a preseason game.So I made the 2 1/2 hour trip from J'ville to Raleigh from Sept - April. Some you won, some you didn't but EVERY TIME was a great experience! Then came the playoffs once again I struck a deal...every game 4 for as long as you would let me...I was there for the .2 second "Juicy" goal... I was there when you went up 3-1 against the mighty Boston!!! I was there last night and witnessed something truly amazing... a team with heart, determination,and a love for the game...I want to thank you for putting yourselves out there night after night for my enjoyment and entertainment, and for giving me something else to focus on besides my troubles.You believed in yourselves and each other and you made me believe! This team will be back next season for another thrilling ride!!! Thank you for making me LOVE THE GAME and for making me a PROUD CANIAC :) GO CANES!!! Heal up and get some rest... See you next season... counting the days... :rolleyes:

So many of my sentiments have been expressed so well in previous posts, so I'd just like to say that my hat is off to the Canes. I love playoff hockey, I love the Hurricanes and I am counting down the days until next season. Congratulations to the team on an amazing playoff run - you guys are top notch.

There were ups and downs early in the season but in the end the warriors played the way we knew they could. Thanks for a great season and playoffs run.

well i jumped on the bandwagon last year and put down a deposit on a 12 game plan so i could get playoff tickets last year that never happened.

this year it became an addiction and went to over half of the games plus every home playoff game.

even waited last night to cheer for the guys as they drove out....we are FULL STH for next year and i cant wait!!

thanks for an unbelievable end of season run...as well as heart stopping playoffs!!

and also thanks to everyone here for helping me learn the game and team better!

GO CANES!!!

Thank you to the entire Carolina Hurricanes team and associated personnel (coaching staff, management, etc.) for a hard fought season. I have plenty of great and positive memories from this particular season.

thank you for another season off GREAT MEMORIES! TO ALL PLAYERS, COACHES AND STAFF!

and another great playoff ride,a shame ended too soon, but will cherish these last few weeks for a long time, already misssing tailgating :lol:

thanks for keeping me sane as a toll away on second shift

thanks for draining most of my time and discretionary money when I'm not at work.... thanks a lot <_< ... :lol:

Thank You "Carolina Hurricanes",,, PLAYERS, COACHES AND FRONT OFFICE STAFF. It was a year we will never forget. I am PROUD OF EVERYONE taking us to the THIRD ROUND STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS! I can't wait for the season to start and our 09/10 STANLEY CUP RUN ALL THE WAY TO THE FOUTH ROUND!!!!WOOOOOO. My most memorable moments: Cheering our team on every game. Cheering them on from Calif in the first round and finding the local sports bars in San Fran and Napa. Napa I raised the roof with my screams on the 0.02 FINN-ISH! If anyone is contemplating leaving or retiring DON'T - PLEASE DON'T.....

LETS GO CANES, LETS GO CANES, LETS GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you to all of the Hurricanes coaches, management and staff for doing everything you do to make this team successful and such a welcome and integral part of this city and community.

Thank you to EVERY Hurricanes player for giving everything you have (and maybe more) and never, ever, quitting. You inspired me, you overwhelmed me, you made me scream, laugh, cheer, I even banged myself up celebrating the "Miracle Finnish" (.02 second goal by Jussi) in the RBC Center! Your heart, your desire, your love for the game of hockey makes me proud to be a repeat STH and a fan of this great team. Thank you for the absolutely incredible playoff run - that started in March - and all the amazing memories we can take from it. Be proud of your season - we are!

Let's Go Canes!!

-- Proud2BCaniac --

Thanks guys for some great games and the run the past few months. A salute to the crowd with the sticks up high would of been nice at the end of the game last night especially with the support we the fans have given in that building win or lose.

Thank you for an amazing run and an awesome season! I am so proud of everything you accomplished this season and wouldn't dream of supporting any other team!