The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

How did YOU contribute to the bad karma?

you shaved?!? :o

your punishment will be endless hours listening to people talk about the wonders of Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin

oh wait

we had that during the series....I guess you'll get time served ;)

DON'T DO IT AGAIN!

I shaved my playoff beard after the Boston series. I know, how do you shave a playoff beard HALFWAY THROUGH THE PLAYOFFS??

As punishment, you shall now be waxed from head to toe.

KELLY CLARKSON

Wow... shave your beard 4 straight losses. That's got to play with your mind lol.

I blame you :) I shaved the entire playoffs, not allowed to grow a beard at work :\ Plus it's hotter then a crazy son of a ding dong in our factory.

My wife saw my cargo shorts and Carolina Hurricanes T shirt piled up under a chair by the bedroom and thought she was doing all of us a favor by washing them after the Boston game. She said she was doing the house a favor because they were getting a bit sour and the shirt had all kinds of food stains. Washed the wins right out of the team. I had to cut her a break though, it's only her s3econd season of watching hockey and didn't know about the superstitions we have. She actually asked my why I stopped shaving.

CMstevebuscemi.jpg

The RBC Staff let that moron dressed up like a real penguin in. That right there is the whole problem.

Was it the African American with the penguin front and the ears and the number on the back?

Looked really... not straight to me

Eh, I shaved and got my haircut after we went up 3-1 over Boston. Job search > playoff superstition, unfortunately. Besides, we were up 3-1 over Boston. There was no way we could choke that away, right? :unsure:

After the first couple of games in the NJ series, when Parise was toasting us, my kids decided to put their Devil hockey cards under a pile of Lego bins. When Parise failed to score, the "Voodoo Tower" was born. Each night, the Tower would be reconstructed with ever more elaborate piles of bean bag chairs, pillows, stuffed animals and other random stuff from their rooms, all piled on top of Lego bins which were piled on top of Devil hockey cards. This was intended to weigh down the NJ players and slow them down.

When the Canes won, we actually traveled to NY and missed game 1 of the Boston series. Thus, no Tower had been built. While in NY, my kids each got an entire series of 2009 playing cards, so when we got home, every Boston Bruin was thrown under the Voodoo Tower. We won game 2.

The Tower grew.

Then I made the ultimate mistake. I started sharing the knowledge that the Voodoo Tower was in existence. First with my family. Then with a couple of friends. People from work.

While the Tower maintained its power over Boston in Game 7, the knowledge of its existence simply sucked the power from it, and Pittsburgh -- despite being thrust below a ceiling high pile of voodoo -- simply over-mastered its diluted strength.

I'm sorry. I hang my head in shame. Any further existence of a Voodoo Tower will be kept secret from all outsiders.

I got a buzzcut, and shaved my mustache area after the 1st game of the Boston series (I shaved them in support of my team in the Conference track meet) but surprisingly we won 3 straight after that. I dont think did anything wrong in the other series, either

I started to feel positive about our chances to make it to the Cup Finals!!!! :blink::blink:

Should have stuck to my DOOM AND GLOOM ATITUDE!!!! ;):rolleyes::unsure::blink:

Umm...I don't believe in karma, or "hockey gods"...but I did notice IceFrog changed his avatar, from a pirate captain to a doctor of all things, so blame him, he's used to it anyway :lol:

Smiling Bob says hello.

:lol::lol:

I usually ordered Domino's Pizza for game day. But after Game 7 of the Boston series, they were closed because they were moving to a different location. So I had to settle for Pizza Hut which equaled 4 losses. Will never eat Pizza Hut again.

I wore the same jeans for the first two series. Then after game seven in Boston, I just threw them on the bathroom floor because I was too exhausted to put them away. I should have known better, though, as one of my cats has a tendency to eliminate liquid waste on dirty clothes. I had to wash those things and look what happened. I refuse to blame my cat, though, as I should have known better!