The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TarheelMike

How did YOU contribute to the bad karma?

Well, EVERYTHING that I tried during the first two rounds worked, so I think I used up all the luck and there was none left for Pitts. We had two game 7's and needed all the mojo just to advance, there was none left for the ECF. All the things that were working so well quit all at once. So I think we just had to use too much early on and there was nothing left.

Thats ok, Yuengling is more popular in Philly as it is brewed in Eastern PA. Pittsburghers stick to that Iron City *edit*.

I drank Carolina Pale Ale tonight, and the Wings won. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa(Sid the baby touching the Prince of Wales didn't help, either)

It's all my fault because my selfishness is inexcusable. I work with a diehard Bruins fan and there has always been some good natured ribbing going on since to good old Whaler days. Anyhow, for game 7 however, with little more than a good dose of homer-optimism for me to hold onto, the ribbing escalated big times with some ungodly dares and proposed bets -- which I (regretfully) declined. The bottom line is I told him that " your ***** Bruins are due. I don't really care what happends after tonight and as long as the Canes beat your ***."

Now you know the rest of the story.

I washed my Ruutu Jersey before the Eastern Conference Finals began.....I'm sorry.

I also did this, and I stopped wearing my 2009 playoff shirt on game days.

Looks like I'm not the only one feeling horribly guilty. I too contributed in a big way to the demise of the Canes. First, before the playoffs started, I changed my avatar pic from my cat, to a pic I took of the Stanley Cup after we won it in 2006. We were able to overcome my stupidity for 2 rounds before it finally caught up with us. I knew better than to do that. My other big mistake was not being able to watch game 1 against the Pens. My boss was having a cookout for everyone where I work and I felt obligated to attend. This broke my streak of watching every second of every game and having my lucky pj bottoms and black Eric Staal t-shirt on. This clearly sent the Canes on a downward spiral which they had no chance of recovering from. Had I known it would have lead to this, I definitely would have skipped the cookout. I apologize to all my fellow Caniacs who did everything they could to ensure victory for the Canes.