The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac30

Music in the Arena at Games

I have heard this song recently at the games before the team comes out, but I have no idea what it is called, even though I have heard it many times before. It is a pretty heavy song, and has some guy during the chorus say aye aye (sounds like eye) alot. The song is one I have heard before, but I have no idea who sings it or the name, and google had managed to not be remotely helpful in finding the song. Does anyone by any chance know what song I'm talking about?

And as far as songs that we have played over the years,

2006 Stanley Cup Finals- The Rising by the Boss

2007(?) Stronger by Trust Company

Greensboro days- Mind by Lokomotiv (this one may be fairly hard to find, the weren't a very big band, and broke up not long after doing the album that this song was on. They did however do a promotion with the cane's and I have one of the original cassette tapes that they gave away, complete with a picture of the band in hurricane jerseys, and stormy).

Cullenguy8

I know what song you are talking about too, but I can't seem to find it either. I'm going to keep checking and see if I can come up with something. I've heard that song several times at the last couple games I've been too. I'll definitely let you know if I find it.

I have heard this song recently at the games before the team comes out, but I have no idea what it is called, even though I have heard it many times before. It is a pretty heavy song, and has some guy during the chorus say aye aye (sounds like eye) alot. The song is one I have heard before, but I have no idea who sings it or the name, and google had managed to not be remotely helpful in finding the song. Does anyone by any chance know what song I'm talking about?

I think that is "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne with Randy Rhoades on guitar.

the last home game vs the devils, they played a song called "burn baby burn" by ash that i occasionally hear during games at the rbc. it has a fast guitar riff, opens with a line "you're all i have in this teenage twilight", don't know if they ever get to the chours. any time i hear it, it kinda surprises me because that song never really made any impact in the states, but ash are one of my favorite bands ever and "burn baby burn" was a fairly big hit overseas. quite a few times when the music strays from the typical hockey arena songs, it makes me think that someone at rbc has great, and obscure, taste in music.

''>
' target="_blank">
[/post]

does anybody knows the name of this song, please?

btw. and the name of performer...

Hey someone responded to the youtube video saying the song was:

Glass Intrepid - Whatever it Takes

I'll check it out when I get home and see the video. I couldn't pull it up at work. Hope this helps and thanks to whoever posted the reply on the youtube video.

Okay, so that song I was talking about is called "Alive and Amplified" by the Mooney Suzuki. I think alot of people said it was featured in that movie Grandma's Boy. Thank the media guy at the canes for that one, me contacting him was the only way I could get the songs name.

I dunno, I think we're too top 40ish with music.

Here is some of my Wish List

Scorpions Rock you like a hurricane is a gimme.

Metallica...SEEK and DESTROY

Metallica....whiplash,

Metallica...4 horsemen,

Metallica....master of puppets,

Metallica....intro for frayed ends of sanity at beginning of PP....listen to it...you'll see

Metallica....Battery before the puck drop in the 3rd period when we have a lead

Judas Priest-Sentinel

AC/DC-who made who (preskate)

GnR-welcome to the jungle (preskate)

Billy Idol-Rebel Yell (for that southern hockey thing)...

CCR-Run through the jungle (intro) on the PK before puck drop

Iron Maiden-Alexander the Great during intermissions

Iron Maiden-Running Free (preskate)

Megadeth-Peace Sells (preskate)

Metallica-2x4 (preskate) and after we win a fight....."I can't hear ya are you talking to me?"...mruhahahahahaha

Motorbilly-RED, WHITE, and BRUISED (local Raleigh band...lets go, lets go canes is the end chorus)

Metal and Hockey always go together...some of these family country songs they play at the RBC are trendy and all, but not appropriate for a hockey game. We can play the Hokey Pokey if we want, but I don't want to listen to that or Cha Cha now y'all at a friggin hockey game.

Let's keep this going folks !! All of us hear this music every game. I wish I cold help with the last one... "don't look back". Anyone???

Here's a few more:

No Way Back - Foo Fighters

Enemy - Godsmack

Renegades Of Funk - Rage Against The Machine

Rise Today - Alter Bridge

Boston has an album as well as a track titled Don't Look Back. I used to play it on takeoff all the time back when they allowed Cd's to be played during take offs and landings. A lot of times I can find songs by googling some key words from a song, also try searching in youtube.

Okay, so that song I was talking about is called "Alive and Amplified" by the Mooney Suzuki. I think alot of people said it was featured in that movie Grandma's Boy. Thank the media guy at the canes for that one, me contacting him was the only way I could get the songs name.

Thanks, been trying to figure that one out all season, thought it sounded a bit like Ozzie's voice in part of the song. Now in our hockey folder!

Do the Canes/RBC have to pay royalties to play songs during the games and or using on the web pages, just curious?

Yeah they do. Every time I hear Satriani's Crowd Chant I wonder if he realized he could put his kids through college on that one!

Man the Caniac Nation is awesome! All of those are some great songs and I'm definitely adding them to my playlist.

Ok so I have been to the last couple games and I need some help. Now these songs might have already been listed so I apologize, but here are some lyrics from some of the ones I heard last night and the New Years game. Mayby you can help me out.

Lyrics~

2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits a dollar, stand up and holler

Thanks for all your help. Keep it up!

That song woud be "Stand Up and Holler" by Junior

There's a new song played during games that includes "Carolina Hurricanes" in the lyrics. The singer sounds like the singer for Rooster for the Masses (Local band). It's a rock song and I think some of the lyrics include the words "The calm is over. I feel the thunder." I tried to tag it using the Shazam app on my iPhone, but it's not in their database, which is not surprising. I also searched this board and did a small Google search but can't find it. It's a new '08-09 song. Didn't hear it last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There's a new song played during games that includes "Carolina Hurricanes" in the lyrics. The singer sounds like the singer for Rooster for the Masses (Local band). It's a rock song and I think some of the lyrics include the words "The calm is over. I feel the thunder." I tried to tag it using the Shazam app on my iPhone, but it's not in their database, which is not surprising. I also searched this board and did a small Google search but can't find it. It's a new '08-09 song. Didn't hear it last year. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone who can help us out would be greatly appreciated...they play it starting at the beginning of the 2nd period....ANYONE KNOW??

There's also another song that was played for a while, it would always come after the game was over and if the Canes won. Sounds like a James Brown song, and it has "North Carolina" in it. Does anyone know if that's a James Brown song and what's the name?

And the song that the waterboyfan#1 referred to, the one that's played before the start of the 2nd period is definitely done by a local band, could be a cover of another song with the lyrics changed to suit the Hurricanes theme.

Update: the JB sounding song was (after a short hiatus) played again last night after the game (vs Caps)

There's also another song that was played for a while, it would always come after the game was over and if the Canes won. Sounds like a James Brown song, and it has "North Carolina" in it. Does anyone know if that's a James Brown song and what's the name?

Night Train perhaps? The Godfather of Soul mentions "Raleigh, North Carolina" a few times in that one.

Edited to add a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDcZ939YzE&feature=related' target="_blank">LINK[/post].

Night Train perhaps? The Godfather of Soul mentions "Raleigh, North Carolina" a few times in that one.

Edited to add a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmDcZ939YzE&feature=related' target="_blank">LINK[/post].

that ain't it but i do remember what he is talking about just don't know the song. could be JB or some of the beach music artist.

Same here, I tried to find this one, but without any luck. It is a really cool sounding song.

I'm not sure but I thought I read on an earlier post on our boards that it was a local band who wrote it for the Canes. I like it and I'm glad they are playing it.

I'm not sure but I thought I read on an earlier post on our boards that it was a local band who wrote it for the Canes. I like it and I'm glad they are playing it.

Well, i just "spoke" with Stormy, and he said that the Canesvision guys would know...let's contact them until we get an answer guys. WE CAN DO THIS!!! :D

Got the number too: (919) 467-7825 ask for CanesVision, and leave a message!

Well, i just "spoke" with Stormy, and he said that the Canesvision guys would know...let's contact them until we get an answer guys. WE CAN DO THIS!!! :D

Got the number too: (919) 467-7825 ask for CanesVision, and leave a message!

That is unnecessary- the song is Hurricane warning by Airiel Down. they will be performing outside the arena on March 25th for Rock night.

I've got a question about a song that was played durring the Caps game tonight. At the start of the 2nd Period a song was played that was about the Carolina Hurricanes, but I have no clue who made the song. Did anyone else hear the song at the game tonight? I know that they have played it at most of the home games this year. If you can help I appreciate it!

All I have to say is I get goosebumps all over just hearing Springsteen's "The Rising" in my head. Just bought it off iTunes to get me pumped up for the next game I go to. Oh and thank you to whoever pointed out Airiel Down, I love that song, bought it too!