The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniac30

Music in the Arena at Games

Anyone know what song they use for our original cowbell song? I know in the snl skit they use "Dont Fear the Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult, but that is not the one they play on the jumbotron. In case you have not seen the SNL skit here it is: http://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/geronimo/SNL___Ruzie_in_de_recording_studio__COW_BELL_.aspx' target="_blank">http://www.garagetv.be/video-galerij/geron..._COW_BELL_.aspx[/post]

Also anyone know where to get the Hurricane Warning song with the changed lyrics as well as Juniors Stand up and Holler with the changed lyrics, or did Canes vision Staff do that?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that Canes Vision got the song Hurricane Warning from the band Ariel Down. Then they probably had them change a lyric in the song from "the rolling hurricane" to Carolina Hurricanes. That's my guess on that. As far as the Junior song goes, there is a 35 second clip on Itunes of Stand Up and Holler.Apparently there are a bunch of different song clips for different teams such as the Arizona Cardinals and Boston Celtics. They also have one marked Carolina Hurricanes as well btw. I hope this helped you!

Got burnt out on Buffet after spending many years of sailing...but, in this case --- I like. ;)

Mods: we need a thumbs up and a thumbs down emoticon

In honor of the Finns, how about some Buffet for the Bruins:

"Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey

Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around

You got fins to the left, fins to the right

And you're the only bait in town"

In honor of the Finns, how about some Buffet for the Bruins:

"Can't you feel 'em circlin', honey

Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around

You got fins to the left, fins to the right

And you're the only bait in town"

The Tampa Rays used to use that song when the "field crew" drug the infield mid game. When it reached the "Fins to the left" part the crew would drop their brooms, put their hands on their head and move their fins from side to side in time with the lyrics.

Unrelated I would love to hear "Bring the Light" by the Smashing Pumpkins during warmups.

um .... mentioned it cause of the 'fins to the left, fins to the right' (finns) as in Ruutu, Jokinen & Pit.

I like songs that are "appropriate" for the moment - rather than the constant sound effect type voices.

More ... Heartache Tonight .... "somebody's gonna hurt someone, if it takes all night ..."

and Gunslinger .... "I think we need a gunslinger, somebody taught to tame this town. I think we need a gunslinger, there'll be justice all around".

I'm liking the Jimmy Buffett idea and I know we don't play in the shark tank but wouldn't it be cool to pass inflatable sharks around the arena instead of doing the wave. I can envision about fifty sharks just schooling around the ice. I think it would pretty cool and probably intimidate the Bruins.

I'm liking the Jimmy Buffett idea and I know we don't play in the shark tank but wouldn't it be cool to pass inflatable sharks around the arena instead of doing the wave. I can envision about fifty sharks just schooling around the ice. I think it would pretty cool and probably intimidate the Bruins.

probably not actually :lol:

Does anyone remember the song they played last night at the begining of the 3rd Period? The song I heard kept repeating Oh Yeah in it. I just wanted to know if anyone knows about the song I'm talking about. Thanks.

I dunno if anyone has ever heard of him, but EVERYBODY should check out "The Hockey Song" by Chuck Brodski. He is a musician from Asheville....It fits the setting of the RBC and is quite possibly the best hockey song I have ever heard....If i can get a link, ill post.

Led Zepplin "The Immigrant" song Starts off with the lyrics "In the Land Of Ice and Snow" I heard it on Pandora Radio yesterday afternoon before the game, I thought it was going to be a good omen, Meaning were on the ice, and I loved when the Juice sprayed snow on Thomas then we scored right after that.

I even posted on the GDT I heard that song it it was making refernce to someone will be spraying snow in Tim Thomas' face

in fact below is my actual post from yesterdays GDT

"Good Omen, on Pandora Radio just heard the Immigrant Song (Led Zepplin) In the land of ICE AND SNOW, we will be skating hard on the ice and putting some snow in Tim Thomas' face :)

I wished they would play this during the game :) "

Led Zepplin "The Immigrant" song Starts off with the lyrics "In the Land Of Ice and Snow" I heard it on Pandora Radio yesterday afternoon before the game, I thought it was going to be a good omen, Meaning were on the ice, and I loved when the Juice sprayed snow on Thomas then we scored right after that.

I even posted on the GDT I heard that song it it was making refernce to someone will be spraying snow in Tim Thomas' face

in fact below is my actual post from yesterdays GDT

"Good Omen, on Pandora Radio just heard the Immigrant Song (Led Zepplin) In the land of ICE AND SNOW, we will be skating hard on the ice and putting some snow in Tim Thomas' face :)

I wished they would play this during the game :) "

got it.....http://www.chuckbrodsky.com/music.html

scroll down till you get to the "Radio" album there is a sound clip there....awesome :lol:

Hey, I just tried your link and downloaded the song, just right mouseclicked and there it was. I am not sure if it is the song in it's entireity but have a minute and a half of it. Thanks, we can never have too many hockey songs, especially ones with refrences to the Hanson Bros.

Last week, I was watching a replay of game 7 against NJ with the volume muted and my stereo on random. Towards the end of the game, "How It Ends" by DeVotchKa came on and let me tell you, I had chills the entire time the song was playing. It's a great song anyways, but coupled with the amazing ending to that game and series, it just fit perfectly. I highly suggest downloading this song and it would be amazing if the RBC audio staff picked up a snippet of it to play (only at appropriate moments, mind you) during some games.

Hey, I just tried your link and downloaded the song, just right mouseclicked and there it was. I am not sure if it is the song in it's entireity but have a minute and a half of it. Thanks, we can never have too many hockey songs, especially ones with refrences to the Hanson Bros.

its not the entire song...i downloaded it on itunes...thought it was pretty neat. :lol:

Does anyone know what the song was they played before game 3 Saturday vs. the Pens in the RBC Center? They played it while showing highlights of the Boston Bruins series. It was a rock song with sort of "Irish Jig" understones! It was really cool and I have never heard it before. Any ideas?

Does anyone know what the song was they played before game 3 Saturday vs. the Pens in the RBC Center? They played it while showing highlights of the Boston Bruins series. It was a rock song with sort of "Irish Jig" understones! It was really cool and I have never heard it before. Any ideas?

If I had to guess, I'd say it was "The Warrior's Code" by Dropkick Murphys.