The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

Check out the RBC WebCam

Sweet! Y'know, it's funny, no one posted the link to the cam when they were breaking up the ice this year. I remember it being posted last year, under much sadder circumstances. Another sign of the success of the year I guess, no one mourned the ice. :)

I never had it hit me that updating the jumbotron would require completely ripping out the control room, wow.

I want one side of the jumbotron for my room ;)

Anyone have a pic of what the new one's gonna look like? I'm all for going high tech, HD and new......but I'm gonna miss the old guy. It would be awesome if they sold some of the bulbs though.

Eh, I'm going to miss the old one. Call me crazy and old-fashioned, but I just am not a fan of these new HD-high tech scoreboards that are popping up in stadiums these days.

Farewell old board, you done good :(

yeah, here's a pic of the devils' JT.

it looks like ours will be just like this except the screens on the 8-panel section look a bit smaller.

032809_g_scoreboard1.jpg

Per the comments here the board will have (top to bottom) 8-sided widescreens, 360 Ribbon/ring, 4-sided widescreen (main video screens) and 360 ribbon/ring on the bottom. I for one say it's about time and I won't miss the old Jumbotron for a second.

Per the comments http://canesvision-hd.blogspot.com/2009/05/day-2-skeletons.html#comments' target="_blank">here[/post] the board will have (top to bottom) 8-sided widescreens, 360 Ribbon/ring, 4-sided widescreen (main video screens) and 360 ribbon/ring on the bottom. I for one say it's about time and I won't miss the old Jumbotron for a second.
I couldn't read the old Jumbotron, I hope I can see the new one.

Thank God! Cannot wait for the new jumbotron.

I wonder if they are going to replace the small panels up on the third level too? The ones that are like center ice.... They have the shots on goal a lot of the times shown up there.