The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
rocheccw

Check out the RBC WebCam

You can also forget seeing the men play in Reynolds. It was great in it's day, but nobody goes backwards anymore.

The men's team has played games at Reynolds in past seasons...don't see why they wouldn't continue to do so.

The men's team has played games at Reynolds in past seasons...don't see why they wouldn't continue to do so.

Yes, they have played the occasional game there, but they aren't returning there for good.

the play one to two games a season, Reynolds doesn't have the seating capacity of luxury boxes. it won't happen.

Yes, they have played the occasional game there, but they aren't returning there for good.

Not returning for good? No kidding. You said you won't see the men play in Reynolds and I was simply pointing out that they have played there in the past and most likely will in the future but I never suggested they would move back into Reynolds full-time. That would make no sense at all.

Not returning for good? No kidding. You said you won't see the men play in Reynolds and I was simply pointing out that they have played there in the past and most likely will in the future but I never suggested they would move back into Reynolds full-time. That would make no sense at all.

Yeah, I went to school there when they played in Reynolds. Nothing like sitting behind a support column.

Good times.

Yeah, I went to school there when they played in Reynolds. Nothing like sitting behind a support column.

Good times.

My favorite memories of Reynold's are the forward facing seats on the sideline, so you are looking directly at the section across from you instead of the court. Love the old matrix board with burned out bulbs and the steel beams in your face too. LOL! Go Pack! OK< now back to the subject at hand. Love the new HD-JT!

My favorite memories of Reynold's are the forward facing seats on the sideline, so you are looking directly at the section across from you instead of the court. Love the old matrix board with burned out bulbs and the steel beams in your face too. LOL! Go Pack! OK< now back to the subject at hand. Love the new HD-JT!

My most vivid memories of Reynold's are some of the nights I spent outside the box office camping out for tickets. Nothing like waking up in a sleeping bag, in the rain, with a hangover, and still having to wait for the ticket office to open.

Good times.

My most vivid memories of Reynold's are some of the nights I spent outside the box office camping out for tickets. Nothing like waking up in a sleeping bag, in the rain, with a hangover, and still having to wait for the ticket office to open.

Good times.

LOL based on that description our paths may very well have crossed at some point in time. Definitely good times camping out for tickets...

My main thing about the new jumbotron isn't that it is too high tech for an engineering university, but the fact that games there would almost feel like an NBA game in terms of the high-tech-ness (I'm not an English major) of the arena. I never went to a game in Reynolds, but I've been to a lot of them in RBC and the only ones that truly have an atmosphere about them are the UNC/Duke ones......of course that could be cured with some consistent winning and exciting play, but I still think it'd be fun to see the team play in a refurbished rocking Reynolds Coliseum from all the game film I've seen from those days.

I cannot wait for some playoff hockey with this new jumbotron though, this should only improve the amazing atmosphere that gets going at the RBC come April.

My main thing about the new jumbotron isn't that it is too high tech for an engineering university, but the fact that games there would almost feel like an NBA game in terms of the high-tech-ness (I'm not an English major) of the arena. I never went to a game in Reynolds, but I've been to a lot of them in RBC and the only ones that truly have an atmosphere about them are the UNC/Duke ones......of course that could be cured with some consistent winning and exciting play, but I still think it'd be fun to see the team play in a refurbished rocking Reynolds Coliseum from all the game film I've seen from those days.

I cannot wait for some playoff hockey with this new jumbotron though, this should only improve the amazing atmosphere that gets going at the RBC come April.

Since this train is off track, let me drive some more.

N.C. State has a long and rich basketball history that the past administration tried to kill after Jim Valvano left the program. Les Robinson was around for a long time and was successfull in making everyone forget about NCSU basketball. This program used to be on par with UNC and Duke, but in recent years has fallen woefully behind. The new arena was wanted as a piece to the puzzle to get NCSU back on the national conciousness and excite the supporters. There is no way that you can capture the intimate atmosphere of a Reynolds when you go to a bigger, multi purpose arena. Duke still has it with the smaller, basketball only facility.

A big part of recruiting is bringing a player in and showing him the high quality facilities that are available. The young players coming up now are going to be much more impressed with the RBC that Reynolds. The exciting times you are looking for will come when NCSU regains the status it should have as a powerhouse on Tobacco Road.

And I'm not going to miss looking around a steel support column.

Since this train is off track, let me drive some more.

N.C. State has a long and rich basketball history that the past administration tried to kill after Jim Valvano left the program. Les Robinson was around for a long time and was successfull in making everyone forget about NCSU basketball. This program used to be on par with UNC and Duke, but in recent years has fallen woefully behind. The new arena was wanted as a piece to the puzzle to get NCSU back on the national conciousness and excite the supporters. There is no way that you can capture the intimate atmosphere of a Reynolds when you go to a bigger, multi purpose arena. Duke still has it with the smaller, basketball only facility.

A big part of recruiting is bringing a player in and showing him the high quality facilities that are available. The young players coming up now are going to be much more impressed with the RBC that Reynolds. The exciting times you are looking for will come when NCSU regains the status it should have as a powerhouse on Tobacco Road.

And I'm not going to miss looking around a steel support column.

that won't happen until the wolfpack club keeps there hands out of everything.

I know all about the Jimmy V thing trust me. I've gone to battle with UNC and Duke fans alike over the past history of the NCSU program. It is just that I think a refurbished Reynolds would be awesome rather than having us playing in what would be considered on par with an NBA arena. I have faith in Sid Lowe to get the program back on track, but the RBC hasn't helped thus far (even though we've got a really good class this year) in attracting any top recruits here over Duke or UNC.....but again winning will create that and the atmosphere I hope to have as a student at NCSU the next 4 years.

Sorry for taking this thread of track TSA....I'll try to get us back on now..... ;)

Does anyone know when the switches and boards will be installed by? Also what about the old video clips they've shown at the Canes games, will that be back as well or will some of that be thrown out with the old video boards and switches?

I've always loved the job that CanesVision has done at the games to help get the crowd pumped up and I think that the new jumbotron will only continue to improve that.

You could use one of those screens as a wall in your house... or take all four and build a house with it

Now THAT would be awesome, though it would have a bit of Fahrenheit 451 feel to it!

After reading of the developments of installing the new scoreboard, I couldn't stop thinking about the incident at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo. To quote from somewhere: "The Arena

Your so lucky! How did you get to see it? I'm so jealous :P

he works there and is on the Storm Squad, he is the blonde one? :lol: :lol:

Wonder if the Canes are going to have some sort of a "beta test" for the new jumbotron. If so, it would be fun to be in attenence,

After reading of the developments of installing the new scoreboard, I couldn't stop thinking about the incident at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo. To quote from somewhere: "The Arena