The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
nicolasskinner

Worst Ten moments of the year

Just for fun and to have something else to talk about. What are your 10 least favorite moments of the year, and the Penguin series doesn't count because that's too obvious.

Here we go.

10. Game 3 of the playoffs - O.T. loss to NJ at home, 1 of the two playoff games I got to go to. (the other was game 4 vs. pitt., Im not going to anymore playoff games. sorry.)

9. 5 Game losing streak in January, thought the season was over then.

8. Zach Boychuk getting sent back to minors, was looking forward to see his creativity on the ice, hopefully this year.

7. Losing to Buffalo on fan appreciation night, although it was nice for them to get a little bit of playoff life then have it ripped away no more than ten minutes later. Bittersweet.

6. Scottie Walker breaking his hand in a preseason fight.

5. Brindy gettin hurt in the fun run.

4. Losing Justin Williams in the trade for Erik Cole. Sad.

3. Not being at game 4 of the Jersey series to see the buzzer beater, although my neighbors heard all about it. Definitely chose the wrong game to go to in that series.

2. Spending my birthday sitting center ice only to watch us lose to Nashville, and sitting right next to nashville fans on top of that.

1. Having to read the Cam ward is average at best, Staal is mediocre, and JR is a moron and is trying to run the team in the ground comments over and over. I'm pretty sure they have proven all of those statements wrong over and again. But I will look forward to skipping over them when they pop up again next year. Here's to the haters, this threads for you.

Great year Canes!

i was at the penguins game back in november when the pens won and wished them to death...only to see what happend here.........and the november game was a birthday present from a deadwings fan.....i dont think you can top that...thats like him sayin here watch a game where your team gets owned before the playoffs, during the playoffs and then that team gets owned in the playoffs HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....guess fluery saved all his "easy" goals for the dead wings....hope neither make to the playoffs next year :angry:

Just for fun and to have something else to talk about. What are your 10 least favorite moments of the year, and the Penguin series doesn't count because that's too obvious.

Guess I am a glass half full guy. Don't see alot of positive things from a discussion on this topic.

My least favorite thing is the kind if discussions that happen at this time of year. ;)

1. Prostate exam

2. Hangover on January 2.

What? That isn't what you are talking about?

isn't turning 40 grand? got no sympathy from ex that day.

isn't turning 40 grand? got no sympathy from ex that day.

That's far enough in my rear view mirror that it doesn't matter to me. Since I turned 45 in Feb, I guess I'm closer to 50 than 40 now.

Does anyone have any coupons for Depends?

That's far enough in my rear view mirror that it doesn't matter to me. Since I turned 45 in Feb, I guess I'm closer to 50 than 40 now.

Literally in the rear view mirror ;)

don't have any coupons, next milestone is registering for AARP. then you start getting emails for the best places to buy depends in bulk and senior citizen romance sites. can I get a hurricane whooooooooo!

don't have any coupons, next milestone is registering for AARP. then you start getting emails for the best places to buy depends in bulk and senior citizen romance sites. can I get a hurricane whooooooooo!

All I can tell you is that I'm just like the Nature Boy. Check out my sig.

Wooooooooo!

While this is all really great information learning about everyone's ages and medical issues, please get this thread back on topic. The orginal poster had a valid topic and doesnt need to be ridiculed for posting it. If you dont like the topic, dont read it and please dont post in it.

Giving up 3 goals in the last period in Atlanta. I was pretty sure we wouldn't make the playoffs after that terrible game.

Yeah, this has GOT to be on there somewhere - I openly commented after that game that we needed to be sellers at the deadline after that performance. The completely ridiculous game in Philly that we gift wrapped to the Flyers after being up 5-1 late in the second period belongs here, too.

While this is all really great information learning about everyone's ages and medical issues, please get this thread back on topic. The orginal poster had a valid topic and doesnt need to be ridiculed for posting it. If you dont like the topic, dont read it and please dont post in it.

My bad. I guess I can derail a topic at the drop of a hat. Gotta have some fun, it's going to be a long summer and it didn't say worst Canes moment.

One of the low points was the loss to Vancouver that we had at least a point locked up AND were on the PP in the final seconds. Give up a shorty. That one hasn't been mentioned so since you insist on keeping to the negativity, here you go.

My bad. I guess I can derail a topic at the drop of a hat. Gotta have some fun, it's going to be a long summer and it didn't say worst Canes moment.

One of the low points was the loss to Vancouver that we had at least a point locked up AND were on the PP in the final seconds. Give up a shorty. That one hasn't been mentioned so since you insist on keeping to the negativity, here you go.

That Vancouver game was tough but I would have to go with the Atlanta game being the low point. We had come out of the All Star break a "sizzling" 9-7 with that loss and we needed ~26 points out of the last 18 games. I was convinced we were done...but then 3 days later came the Caps win and we were off and running and actually got 28 points out of those last 18 games!

reading this post is my worst moment of the year.

Well I need to revise my post, I just read all of your posts from the past few months, and now I would like add them to the list, while they are your opinions they are all ridiculous and I am glad that this was the worst moment of your year. Being wrong about everything else must pale in comparison.

Well I need to revise my post, I just read all of your posts from the past few months, and now I would like add them to the list, while they are your opinions they are all ridiculous and I am glad that this was the worst moment of your year. Being wrong about everything else must pale in comparison.

FYI, your entire thing on people being critical about the team really kills this topic and thus has provided people the chance to make a joke out of it.

Yes, some of us were highly down on the team and certain players earlier in the year, but at that time, we had a right to be. For you to mock that...well, the favor has been returned to you.

;)

1. Having to read the Cam ward is average at best, Staal is mediocre, and JR is a moron and is trying to run the team in the ground comments over and over. I'm pretty sure they have proven all of those statements wrong over and again. But I will look forward to skipping over them when they pop up again next year. Here's to the haters, this threads for you.

The first time I read the original post, I kind of skimmed over it because I really didn't want to dwell on the negative now. After being spanked for being a bad boy,I reread it and now I'm sorry for being sorry that I derailed the thread.

Leading up to the trade deadline I thought we were average at best and we probably should be a seller at the trade deadline. A while back, I started a thread to apologize for being overly critical and giving up way too soon this season. Some saw it for what it was and chimed in. Some thought it was the worst thread of the year. That's okay too, since opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one.

This board is a good place to express opinion. When we were expressing the negative opinions, we had every reason to do so. I really don't remember any "J.R.'s a moron" threads but we have been critical of players, coaches, and management when it was deserved. We had a lot of down moments during the year that I don't want to dwell on since we were playing in the ECF's. I guess I should have skipped over this one myself.

Here are my top 3 worst moments:

3. Sitting next to 4 Rangers fans - even tho we won.

2. Having Pittsburgh fans two rows in front of me, three rows behind me and across the isle during both games 3 & 4.

1. Sitting next to 4 Buffalo fans during any game - and particularly when getting trounced!

ot game 7 against Boston...too nervose to watch. sitting outside and praying for a goal :P

......... I thought I was the only one who does stuff like that ............................ :blink:

amen...amen...and amen...

oh, and can i get an amen?