The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2009 Playoffs Pick'em Contest

Last year, I deleted all of the PMs after each round started, but this time, I'm going to keep them until each round ends, so I can help you both out.

Could you send me my picks? I dont remember who I picked, and why do I only have 3 points? I know I picked Detroit Boston and Pittsburgh and I'm fairly sure I picked Vancouver also.

You actually picked Philadelphia, not Pittsburgh. It's obviously safe to post first round picks now, so here's all of your picks:

Boston in 5, Philadelphia in 7, Carolina in 6, Washington in 6, San Jose in 6, Chicago in 4, Vancouver in 6, Detroit in 5

I did the exact same thing.

I was also wondering if I could get my picks back. I looked in my sent PM's but it wasn't there. If you still have them that is.

Here's yours:

Boston in 5, Pittsburgh in 7, Carolina in 6, Washington in 6, San Jose in 5, Chicago in 6, Vancouver in 6, Detroit in 6

Wow.. I knew I favored the Flyers, but I thought I still picked the Pens.. guess not. :) I guess two weeks ago when Pittsburgh was struggling a little I thought Philly was the better team.

Boston in 5 and Detroit in 5.. close for both of those.. Vancouver in 6.. gave ST Louis too much credit. Chicago should win, but not in 4, And Washington nor Carolina can win in 6, so.. no bonus points for me. Guess I better work on my picks for round 2.

For the round 2 bonus points, are they worth a "series"? Like 1 point win, 1 point bonus, then 2 point win, 2 point bonus, or is it always 1 point?

You posted your picks publicly and never sent them to me in a PM, so as the rules state, I couldn't count your picks. I hate to do that, but after the problems that happened in 2007, I made it very clear since then that only PMs to me would be accepted. However, as long as you follow those rules in the remaining three rounds, you can still play those rounds.

New update now that Chicago has finished off Calgary, and there might be another update in about 40 minutes. Ryan is alone on top for now, but will share it with dogbutler if Anaheim doesn't give up their lead in the third period. Interesting to note: only four people picked Anaheim, and only one picked them to win in 6, which is looking like the correct pick. That person is none other than Kristin, believe it or not. :lol:

Anaheim has indeed finished off the upset of San Jose (and continued the Presidents' Trophy curse, as well), so there aren't that many changes to the leaderboard since nearly everyone picked the Sharks. We know for sure that the first round will end tomorrow (but hopefully not our playoff run), so you can go ahead and start thinking about your conference semifinals picks! Even though the Western Conference matchups are set, do not send me picks for the conference semifinals until I give the go-ahead tomorrow night, which will be after our game ends (or the Washington-N.Y. Rangers game if it goes to OT and outlasts ours).

You posted your picks publicly and never sent them to me in a PM, so as the rules state, I couldn't count your picks. I hate to do that, but after the problems that happened in 2007, I made it very clear since then that only PMs to me would be accepted. However, as long as you follow those rules in the remaining three rounds, you can still play those rounds.

Well seeing as someone edited my post and I did not. Someone took my picks down. I never received a pm, and usually once I posted picks I didn't check until the start of the next round. I probably won't play.

Kara

Okay... I've calmed down from that incredible win enough to update the leaderboard. With the first round now in the books, dogbutler and Ryan are both on top. It's been a pretty close race so far, but we've still got a long way to go. Conference semifinals picks can now be sent to me via PM, and the deadline to send them will be whenever the first game of the conference semifinals starts. We'll probably know the schedule later tonight or tomorrow.

So far, we've got picks from 12 of the 31 people that played in the first round. Kristin said that she would make her picks tonight, so we've got one more guaranteed person from the first round right there. It would be awesome if we had all 31, so keep those picks coming, guys! There's about 30 hours left to get them to me.

So far, we've got picks from 12 of the 31 people that played in the first round. Kristin said that she would make her picks tonight, so we've got one more guaranteed person from the first round right there. It would be awesome if we had all 31, so keep those picks coming, guys! There's about 30 hours left to get them to me.

whose playing who?? :P :P ;)

Only six people that played in the first round have not sent me their conference semifinals picks yet. I'm pretty sure this is the most people we've had play the conference semifinals, but we still want to keep the perfect attendance going! So to those six people... hurry and get your picks in! You've got seven hours to do it.

Only six people that played in the first round have not sent me their conference semifinals picks yet. I'm pretty sure this is the most people we've had play the conference semifinals, but we still want to keep the perfect attendance going! So to those six people... hurry and get your picks in! You've got seven hours to do it.

when will will find out how many points we have now that round 1 is over?..In other words..How many points do I have? ;)

This is the second time I've been asked this, so I should probably put it in the thread title. The leaderboard is in the original post that I made.

And by the way... conference semifinals picks can no longer be sent, of course. We've got 27 people playing this round, and all but one of them are people that played in the frst round. Glad to see that participation isn't taking a huge downturn like the last couple of years... good for you, guys! :)

Woohoo! I was 7-1 in the first round and got one of the game numbers right. Hahaha, that means I did better than Peter Laviolette, who was 6-2 (including betting against us) and got 0 of the game numbers right.

p.s. no one should try to out do me by saying that they were 8-0 or something. it will make me very, very depressed. :[ <--sad face.

This is the second time I've been asked this, so I should probably put it in the thread title. The leaderboard is in the original post that I made.

And by the way... conference semifinals picks can no longer be sent, of course. We've got 27 people playing this round, and all but one of them are people that played in the frst round. Glad to see that participation isn't taking a huge downturn like the last couple of years... good for you, guys! :)

I gotta do something to bounce back sheesh... 4? I think the monkey did better

I think it'd be funny to add the monkey to the leaderboard ;)

I gotta do something to bounce back sheesh... 4? I think the monkey did better

I think it'd be funny to add the monkey to the leaderboard ;)

You don't want everyone to see that a monkey has more points than you do :P:o

That's unfortunate, but I do hope that you'll continue to play even though this hurts your chances of winning. You still want to finish as high as you can!

You don't want everyone to see that a monkey has more points than you do :P:o

The monkey would only have 2 points thank you very much :)