The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2009 Playoffs Pick'em Contest

I have 6 points off of two series. Yeah Baby.

I'd give up 2 points for us to win tomorrow night. Heck, we win, I won't even play another round.

In order to not anger the Hockey Gods. I will stand by my post. We won, I have 6 points from two series and will remain at 6 for the remainder of pick 'em. No further picks from me. Enjoy y'all.

LET'S GO CANES

22 people made picks for the conference finals... another decrease in participation, but at least it wasn't too severe. Most of the top players sent in picks, so that's good to see.

22 people made picks for the conference finals... another decrease in participation, but at least it wasn't too severe. Most of the top players sent in picks, so that's good to see.

I think I would have forgotton that the Wings/Hawks game was even today at 3... O.o

Anyone in nhl.com's playoff challenge? I'm currently 28th out of nearly 90,000. Still have a chance to win.

I knew I forgot to do something. Darn I wasn't doing nearly as well as you but was at 3723 before I forgot my conference finals picks.

Anyone in nhl.com's playoff challenge? I'm currently 28th out of nearly 90,000. Still have a chance to win.

That's incredible... just imagine if you had joined here in time to play this game from the beginning. We're all wowing over dogbutler right now, but you'd probably have even more points than he does.

What's your username for the NHL.com game, by the way? There's 14 people tied for 28th.

I knew I forgot to do something. Darn I wasn't doing nearly as well as you but was at 3723 before I forgot my conference finals picks.

I was 2862 and forgot. :(

I missed the 3rd round on here since i was out of town... oh well.. I was near the bottom anyway... first round upsets and poor picks in the second round.. LOL.

I was telling Kristin that her pick of Detroit in five would likely not get her any bonus points, but she's a few days away from potentially being the only person to get five points out of that series. It's always the ones who have no idea who to pick that win. :lol:

By the way... I meant to do this when the conference finals started, but I went ahead and figured out the people who are unfortunately eliminated. Those of you that are within 19 points (maximum possible remaining points as of right now) of dogbutler but have been grayed out... it's because (based on your picks) you can't make enough ground on him in this round to stay alive heading into the Finals.

And something else you all might be interested in... the thread for last year's game is apparently in a hidden archive, but TSA was kind enough to fetch me the final leaderboard. I found out that I made last year's scoring 1-2-3-4 instead of 1-2-4-8 as it is this year, but I think the latter is better, because it gives people that are struggling a chance to make a late run and win by correctly picking the most important (and toughest to pick) series. Here's last year's leaderboard:

1) Heyhey whatta ya say (24)

2) architorture (24)

2) dogbutler (24)

2) dp1one (24)

5) Jahiegel (23)

5) Topshelfavry (23)

7) ivyleager (22)

8) CMsynergy91 (21)

8) Proud2BCaniac (21)

10) Caniac5 (20)

10) Ryan (20)

12) Caniac2630 (19)

13) Buzzinator (17)

14) ILovetheBlackHawks08 (16)

14) TarheelMike (16)

16) gocanes88 (15)

17) iamafirehazrd (14)

18) fallen_apostle (13)

18) medfordcaniac7 (13)

20) Caniac (11)

21) Caniacal_Avaholic (10)

22) golfpro827 (9)

22) Rockstar (9)

22) walker_24 (9)

25) caniac322 (8)

26) canesfan54 (7)

26) Whatthepuck (7)

28) Caniac4ever (6)

28) king_caniac (6)

30) CANIAC4LIFE91 (5)

30) hopper915 (5)

30) RealRitzcracker (5)

33) DukeCaniac09 (4)

33) Kris44 (4)

33) SuckaPunchd (4)

Kristin... girls with the name "Kristen" just don't have it right. :P

Not much change in the scoring since all but four people picked us to win our series. :(

Wow - I'm amazingly consistent. Finished tied for 8th last year, and am tied for 8th this year. ;) I don't think I'll be making up much ground in the Conference Finals since I picked the Hurricanes and the 'Hawks (in 6...). Would love for Chicago to pull it off, but I think with Khabibhulin likely out tonight, probably not going to happen (and certainly not in 6!) :huh:

Oh well, I'll put my prognosticating skills to work and come up with my SCF pick and see if I can beat my place last year. :P

Okay... we've reached the final series of the playoffs. 12 people are still in contention to win the title (I'm one point out... so close! :(). Everyone is still welcome to send in their picks, but for the 12 people that are still alive, you need to include in your PM how many total goals you think will be scored in the series by both teams combined. Those of you that are eliminated can make that pick as well, but it won't mean anything, of course. If you're right, though, you can brag to everyone about it. :lol:

I know you guys enjoy playing this game and I certainly have fun playing it and running it, myself, but I've been thinking how cool it would be if the official website sponsored this and offered a prize to the winner. This has turned into a fun tradition, and that would make it even better. Perhaps the powers that be will read this post and get some ideas for 2010? :)

And something else you all might be interested in... the thread for last year's game is apparently in a hidden archive, but TSA was kind enough to fetch me the final leaderboard.

I have to give credit to Ref107 for retrieving it, I only found it. You might want to PM Paul with this idea, not sure if something like this is possible through the main site but its worth asking.

Thanks again for doing this for us.

Four players left to go that are in contention... coastal_caniac, fallen_apostle, NYMethods, and spiz need to get those picks in!