The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
gocanes88

2009 Playoffs Pick'em Contest

You weren't the only one in contention that forgot... spiz didn't send in his picks, either. But if you had picked Detroit, you would have been eliminated, anyway. Because one of our two leaders picked Detroit (they both did, actually), anyone under them that did the same is automatically out because it is impossible for them to overtake dogbutler and iamafirehazrd. However, not everyone that picked Pittsburgh is alive. In fact, only coastal_caniac is still in it out of those who picked Pittsburgh. That is because the other three that picked Pittsburgh (Agent_Deadpool, maryh, NYMethods) cannot beat coastal_caniac regardless of whether they get the bonus point or not. Therefore, dogbutler, iamafirehazrd, and coastal_caniac are the only three players in contention to win. So it's very simple now... if Pittsburgh takes the Cup, coastal_caniac wins. If Detroit takes the Cup, then it comes down to the tiebreaker between dogbutler and iamafirehazrd (no matter how many games it takes, because they both picked Detroit in 7). The tiebreaker pick for dogbutler is 50 total goals, and the tiebreaker pick for iamafirehazrd is 45 total goals. It's going to be an exciting finish... who will win?

You weren't the only one in contention that forgot... spiz didn't send in his picks, either. But if you had picked Detroit, you would have been eliminated, anyway. Because one of our two leaders picked Detroit (they both did, actually), anyone under them that did the same is automatically out because it is impossible for them to overtake dogbutler and iamafirehazrd. However, not everyone that picked Pittsburgh is alive. In fact, only coastal_caniac is still in it out of those who picked Pittsburgh. That is because the other three that picked Pittsburgh (Agent_Deadpool, maryh, NYMethods) cannot beat coastal_caniac regardless of whether they get the bonus point or not. Therefore, dogbutler, iamafirehazrd, and coastal_caniac are the only three players in contention to win. So it's very simple now... if Pittsburgh takes the Cup, coastal_caniac wins. If Detroit takes the Cup, then it comes down to the tiebreaker between dogbutler and iamafirehazrd (no matter how many games it takes, because they both picked Detroit in 7). The tiebreaker pick for dogbutler is 50 total goals, and the tiebreaker pick for iamafirehazrd is 45 total goals. It's going to be an exciting finish... who will win?
46 more goals to go! :lol:

Technically, 44 more would get you the win. Although it would be even cooler to get it exactly right. B)

In case anyone is wondering, the TPIR rule is not in effect here... as long as you're the closest, it's okay if you're over.

Not me :o :o :o

After leading the way for most of the competition, it appears that dogbutler is going to fall just short of the title. He and iamafirehazrd are likely going to be well off on their tiebreaker picks, but iamafirehazrd's pick was the lowest, so he will be the winner if Detroit wins the series. He's looking pretty good right now, but coastal_caniac is certainly still alive. We know firsthand how good Pittsburgh can be, so they could very easily come back from a 3-2 deficit.

Congratulations, coastal_caniac... you are the third champion in this game's history! I don't have time to update the leaderboard right now, but I should be able to get to it after midnight.

The leaderboard is now final. Once again, congratulations to coastal_caniac on winning the title, and thank you to everyone for participating. As always, it was a blast to run this thing (as well as play in it), and I look forward to doing it again next season! :)

Woo! I finally beat Dp1! Well done Coastal and thanks once again for game gocanes88, it gave us something fun to follow after the Canes got ousted.

Same time next year?

WOOO HOOOO!!!! SECOND!!! and pretty darn happy with that! plus i was pretty close with total goals as i said 30....but i did pick penns in 6.....

congrats coastal....and thanks gocanes! it was great fun to play!

Well, after all is said and done, I'd say I had braggin' rights until this time next year. For those who might be curious, I had the Penns in seven with a total of 34 goals scored in the series. :P:P

Well, after all is said and done, I'd say I had braggin' rights until this time next year. For those who might be curious, I had the Penns in seven with a total of 34 goals scored in the series. :P:P

Can you get Mrs. coastal caniac to take a picture of you holding your trophy over your head like the Stanley Cup?

Can you get Mrs. coastal caniac to take a picture of you holding your trophy over your head like the Stanley Cup?

Mrs. coastal_caniac thought the prize was a new car, but unfortunately I had to tell her it was only a big shiny trophy. So far, Canes88 hasn't come through.

I'm broke... don't look for any prizes from me, unfortunately. :(

I really hope that the official website will take up my idea and offer a prize next year, though. That would make even more people want to play, and it would make the game much more interesting. And to keep people from registering just to play the game, we could establish a required post count to play.