The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kastagir

Next Year: Rookie Camp

It always has been in the past. The kids can't believe we pack the place just to see people we have never heard of work out. Kind of cool. Unspoiled at that point, for the most part.

Was told to wait for the official release.

And when will the "official release" be . It starts in less than a week.

I dont when the official release is coming but rookies report on the 15th as far as I know.

I dont when the official release is coming but rookies report on the 15th as far as I know.

I'm thinking they are waiting to post it on the main site until its closer. I'm sure they are more focused on getting our free agents and RFA's taken care of. I certainly hope they accomplish that task.

id be willing to bet the people who run this website have nothing to do with personel decisions.

Have you ever worked in a large company? kastagir was obviously referring to the chain of command. I seriously doubt the people who run the site are allowed to put up news whenever they feel like it. It gets handed to them by management and marketing and anything they want to put up on their own probably has to be approved by management first. :rolleyes:

Here is a conditioning camp that starts July 15 Link

Invitees:

PARADIS, Philippe F

DALPE, Zac F

DUMOULIN, Brian D

KENNEDY, Matt F

PISTILLI, Matt F

KANTOLA, Kai F

SCHMITZ, Beau D

PITT, Scott F

McKENZIE, Michael F

MURPHY, Mike G

Kai Kantola is an NC born player who plays for Bowling Green University, Beau Schmitz plays for the Hartford Whalers, Mike McKenzie is the son of analyst Bob McKenzie who attends St. Lawrence University, Scott Pitt attends Mercyhurst College (?), the rest are prospects of ours that you should have already heard of.

I'm thinking they are waiting to post it on the main site until its closer. I'm sure they are more focused on getting our free agents and RFA's taken care of. I certainly hope they accomplish that task.

They've been pretty busy with all that stuff plus this is when several front office folks take vacation, so Im sure they're also short handed. Im confident that Paul will make all the updates when he gets back from his vacation.

Of note, Kai Kantola is listed as being from Raleigh. I think it's pretty cool to have a home town kid trying out for for the pro team in his own city. Other than Patrick O"Sullivan from W-S and a guy from Charlotte (whose name escapes me), I think of a single NHL level player from NC. I haven't a clue how Kai will do and I doubt he'll get a contract. But it's a good sign that youth hockey in Raleigh is taking some big steps forward.

I don't want to jump the gun here, so let me know if I did, but the RecZone's website/calendar has rookie camp listed from 4:45 to 5:54, Thursday through Saturday. I guess the time could change but they have stuff scheduled all around it so I am thinking the times are pretty set.

Here is a conditioning camp that starts July 15 http://hurricanes.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=436740&page=NewsPage&service=page' target="_blank">Link[/post]

Invitees:

PARADIS, Philippe F

DALPE, Zac F

DUMOULIN, Brian D

KENNEDY, Matt F

PISTILLI, Matt F

KANTOLA, Kai F

SCHMITZ, Beau D

PITT, Scott F

McKENZIE, Michael F

MURPHY, Mike G

Kai Kantola is an NC born player who plays for Bowling Green University, Beau Schmitz plays for the Hartford Whalers, Mike McKenzie is the son of analyst Bob McKenzie who attends St. Lawrence University, Scott Pitt attends Mercyhurst College (?), the rest are prospects of ours that you should have already heard of.

are these only people that are "not on the tea"? cause i am missing several big names here, (Terry, Boychuk, Bowman) wh are now on the depth chart. just wondering

are these only people that are "not on the tea"? cause i am missing several big names here, (Terry, Boychuk, Bowman) wh are now on the depth chart. just wondering

Terry, Boychuk and Bowman I believe were at the camp last year. Murhpy was too, but I imagine that is because the players need a goalie to shoot at.

Yeah, lewberts got it right. It's a conditioning camp led by our trainer Jeff Friesen, and he basically will tell them stuff about working out, nutrition, etc. so guys don't need to go 2 years in a row. And yeah, Im assuming Murphy is just there again so they can have a goalie when they do some on ice drills.