The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
carolina_kat

Next Years Wish list

Other than the obvious (Stanley Cup, lower prices and a kiss from one of the storm squad) what is on your wish list for next year.

I have a few.

1. No more cowbells

2. Babchuk (assuming he signs) to get into 1 fight, even if he gets his butt kicked.

3. A Canes game in Flordia when I am down there over the Xmas holidays

4. The Captain to have one more very good year.

5. Lavi to get the next open coaching slot

6. Pittsburgh to have huge SC hangover

7. No basketball/hockey games the sameday making for bad ice.

Just my .02 rant, if you will.

What have you got against the cowbells? At least its something to set us apart from the league, which I enjoy.

Rod Brind'Amour had a very decent year, based on what we have him here for- a shutdown center. He was lacking in speed and points, but he WAS THE reason we were third ( or somewere around there) on the powerplay. He does need a pickup in production, i just dont agree with people saying he had a bad year (Im not saying this was his best, or even his average. It just wasnt bad).

Otherwise, you are right, especially in march Madness, where we have like 25% attendence. The penguins should slip back into mediocraty, and Babchuck should get his butt into one fight.

What have you got against the cowbells? At least its something to set us apart from the league, which I enjoy.

Rod Brind'Amour had a very decent year, based on what we have him here for- a shutdown center. He was lacking in speed and points, but he WAS THE reason we were third ( or somewere around there) on the powerplay. He does need a pickup in production, i just dont agree with people saying he had a bad year (Im not saying this was his best, or even his average. It just wasnt bad).

Otherwise, you are right, especially in march Madness, where we have like 25% attendence. The penguins should slip back into mediocraty, and Babchuck should get his butt into one fight.

I was at a Florida Panther two years ago and they had cowbells...

My wish list:

1) Rutuu on the roster for more than one year

2) One more good shut-down defenseman

3) The Captain to show many doubters that he is not "too old" !

4) Another good playoff run.

5) Center of the ice logo changed back to the hurricane.

GO CANES !!

Other than the obvious (Stanley Cup, lower prices and a kiss from one of the storm squad)

What more could you ask for? lol... ok:

1) Brindy and Sammy have a very successful season

2) A rematch with Pittsburgh in the EC Finals (with fresh legs this time)

3) Staal have some real progress in the face-off circle

4) I get to go to as many, if not more games

5) A break-out season from a RiverRat D-Man

1) Brindamour can be a legit 2nd line center again

2) Sammy and Jussi play like they did in the playoffs (Each of these guys have put up 80 and 40 point seasons, respectively, in the past....)

3) I like the cowbells, but keep them for playoffs. I don't want to be the Tampa Bay Rays where we ring them all year long and they lose their novelty.

4) Change center ice back to the Hurricane logo

5) Either get a new shut down guy, or have our young d-men develop very quickly

6) Storm Squad needs to wear less clothing.....give them a raise and they'd brave the cold temperatures...I'd pitch in ;)

7) Cam to continue to improve

8) For someone in the NHL to knock the $%($*$($)$##*#()$)% out of Malkin

1. Cam to play as well in regular season as the playoffs ( and end of season)

2. Captain to rebound.

3. The guys who sit in front of my (season) seats to sit back in theirs.

4. More replays on the jumbotron.

5. Ron the Ref to turn down his microphone.

6. Eric Cole to up his offensive #s

7. A power play that works.

8. Consistent officiating. (you listening, Brad Watson???)

9. Early playoff spot with 4 home games each round.

10. Sweep the slugs.

Other than the obvious (Stanley Cup, lower prices and a kiss from one of the storm squad) what is on your wish list for next year.

MeanGene, step up to the plate

You can have my cowbell when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I second that, having mine pimped for the new season!! Lots of bling for my ding-a-ling!!

1) Brindy has a comback year and wins the Bill Masterton Trophy

2) Cam is a Vezina finalist

3) Jamie McBain makes the team and knocks the #*******>>>@#$$^! out of Malkin ;)

4) Cole proves me wrong and has a 50 point season

5) Staal scores 50 goals and has 50 assists

6) We find some Ice Girls (you know the ones) to clean the ice during breaks in play instead of those dudes with helmets

7) Somebody, anybody figures out that the Goodberry's Ice Cream stand should be moved so the line doesn't cause a traffic jam in the concourse

8) And PLEASE figure out a POWERPLAY!

1) Brindy has a comback year and wins the Bill Masterton Trophy

2) Cam is a Vezina finalist

3) Jamie McBain makes the team and knocks the #*******>>>@#$$^! out of Malkin ;)

4) Cole proves me wrong and has a 50 point season

5) Staal scores 50 goals and has 50 assists

6) We find some Ice Girls (you know the ones) to clean the ice during breaks in play instead of those dudes with helmets

7) Somebody, anybody figures out that the Goodberry's Ice Cream stand should be moved so the line doesn't cause a traffic jam in the concourse

8) And PLEASE figure out a POWERPLAY!

I agree with this pretty much, especially the Ice Girl part. The only change is that I'd move number 8 up to the number 1 spot.

Yeah hate to break it to you but when I went to Game 5 at Boston during the playoffs they had just as much, possibly even more cowbell than we do.

1. Brindy has an amazing season

2. get a working PP and pK

3. get some D...that actually knows what they're doing, and shows up EVERY night!

4. Everyone has a 40+ season

5. get some refs that are fair

5. have 4 successful lines

...maybe thats a little too much to ask for..

1. Make the playoffs for two consecutive years.

2. Erik Cole play up to his contract.

3. Chad LaRose continue to improve his statistics.

4. Cam Ward have a consistent season from start-to-finish.

5. Everyone else on the roster play up to their ability.

I wish for:

Brind'Amour to have a year to silence the doubters, Cole to brings somes goals and assists to go along with the physical play, Ruutu to be a Cane again for at least 2 to 3 yrs., us to sweep those arrogant Pens in our building, and most of all a shut down defenceman who can really play the body with a vengeance.

8. Consistent officiating. (you listening, Brad Watson???)

This is all I ask for. We excelled in the "new" NHL after the rule changes... we would still excel if they would CALL THE GAME the same way. This year was no different then 03-04 before the lockout. They are ignoring the new rules.

We can beat any team on the ice when there's not the "Sidney Crosby" rule.

This is all I ask for. We excelled in the "new" NHL after the rule changes... we would still excel if they would CALL THE GAME the same way. This year was no different then 03-04 before the lockout. They are ignoring the new rules.

We can beat any team on the ice when there's not the "Sidney Crosby" rule.

I don't think the play this year was as defensively oriented as it was before the lockout, but it certainly wasn't as open as it was in '05 - '06. I mean when a small market team like Carolina can be one of the top teams in the league all year and get to the SC Finals and a small market team like Edmonton can knock off top seeds in the playoffs, you know the officiating isn't that one sided (although that McGeough was terrible) and no game was ever over after 2 periods. I'm hoping with the ratings up though then they'd be able to start allowing teams like us and other small markets to get our fair share when playing the big boys like Detroit, and Pittsburgh.

1. Eric Cole to prove me wrong and return to preinjury form.

2. Rod Brind'Amour to prove me wrong and renturn to preinjury form.

3. Cam Ward to keep rolling and not return to "average at best" (which he was for a while there).

4. Chad LaRose to prove me right and push 20 goals again.

5. Matt Cullen to prove me right and break out and push 70 points.

6. The people sitting in front of me on the ledge to sit back in their seats.

7. A New Jumbotron...oh wait I think we're getting that.

8. A first line winger.

9. Sign Babchuk and Ruutu. Trade Babchuk if we must, but sign him.

10. Train at least a couple of Stormquad to clean the ice, maybe even drive the Zamboni, how hard can it be?