The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Official Canes trade rumor thread

Gionta us to play here in Albany and I would love to see the Canes sign him if they had the chance. He is a very hard worker.

Whenever I see these type of charts, I think the author has a dart board with the different teams on it. He always puts the current team down and then throws a couple of darts to see what others to list.

It does give us something to talk about though when it's 95 degrees.

How much longer until the first game?

Are we there yet?

Mom, she's on my side of the car again.

Whenever I see these type of charts, I think the author has a dart board with the different teams on it. He always puts the current team down and then throws a couple of darts to see what others to list.

It does give us something to talk about though when it's 95 degrees.

How much longer until the first game?

Are we there yet?

Mom, she's on my side of the car again.

Yeah, what he said!!

JR did get to see a lot of Gionta recently. Makes me think its possible... wonder who we would get rid of to make room for him?

Don't count on it, JR NEVER goes after big names or gets into any of the "sweepstakes".

http://hokej.cz/index.php?view=clane...bid=0&id=43873

Since the Hurricanes played recently on Stanleyův cup, not meaning anything to address or analyze. Now is the season for Carolina, and soon come to a series of reflections on the future of individual players. "Franta has a contract and had cared for his decision, would remain. But of course, assuming that the regular play. This was not always so, which of course netě

Can we just let him leave? He can be alright sometimes, but even if he is playing decent we still usually have 6 other guys better than him especially now with all of our young defensemen. Plus it would save a nice amount towards resigning players this year.

Can we just let him leave? He can be alright sometimes, but even if he is playing decent we still usually have 6 other guys better than him especially now with all of our young defensemen. Plus it would save a nice amount towards resigning players this year.

if he chooses to leave we can't stop him but he is under contract to us. that doesn't seem to matter to the KHL. we can't just release him though without it affecting the cap and our wallet.

if he chooses to leave we can't stop him but he is under contract to us. that doesn't seem to matter to the KHL. we can't just release him though without it affecting the cap and our wallet.

Now if he bolts for the KHL, I want all of you in an uproar like when ol' what's-his-name left and everyone complained that he didn't honor his contract. If I weren't so lazy, I'd dig those up just to have something to post.

I don't think that it would affect the wallet. Guys refusing reasignments (Babs) or leaving to play in the KHL (LaCouture, Murley) are usually suspended without pay.

If I were Frank, I'd wait for the almost guaranteed $1.1 mil buyout that's coming his way, then I'd head off to the KHL. About the only way we don't get hit in the cap (other than a trade) is if he bolts and is suspended, and I can't imagine he'd do that with an NHL contract in place (if he does, I'm with Superdave, can't wait to hear all the complaining).

Whoever wrote that article on Nylander is clueless: "Assuming Nylander would take the Russian offer, the Caps could waive him and Nylander would sign the Russian contract." Waiving him would just make him assignable to the AHL or ECHL, not the KHL, and that's if he clears waivers, same as Kaberle.

Heatly is the perfect guy for this team if we could do it...28 year old 6'3", 220 LB sniper who can play either wing...let him play with Staal and Whitney; Ruutu Cullen LaRose on the 2nd line; Jussi or Roddy centering Samsonov and Walker and we're looking at a scary good hockey team.

Heatly is the perfect guy for this team if we could do it...28 year old 6'3", 220 LB sniper who can play either wing...let him play with Staal and Whitney; Ruutu Cullen LaRose on the 2nd line; Jussi or Roddy centering Samsonov and Walker and we're looking at a scary good hockey team.

I don't think he brings enough to justify the salary and would cost us more in what we would have to return. He has also stated he wants to play in the Western Conference.

Ever hear of a Cap. This team can't afford to pay 2 guys over $7M per year. Sure it would be nice, but its not realistic.

Nothing really new but more confirmation about the re-signing of Maurice and the coaching staff.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/car090610.html

Hurricanes focus on free agents

TheFourthPeriod.com

With head coach Paul Maurice expected to sign a new contract this week, the Hurricanes will shift their focus on their impending free agents, reports the Raleigh News & Observer.

Hurricanes GM Jim Rutherford confirmed that the club's coaching staff will stay in tact, and he's started contacting the agents for the team's main free agents.

Forwards Erik Cole, Chad LaRose and Ryan Bayda, and defenseman Dennis Seidenberg, can become unrestricted free agents July 1, while forwards Tuomo Ruutu and Jussi Jokinen, and defenseman Anton Babchuk are restricted free agents.

"Trying to fit them all in will be difficult, and I do not know that we can fit in everybody," Rutherford told the News & Observer. "It's a juggling act."

On 99.9 Rutherford talks about signing cole and larose before july 1 and also mentions that signing seidenberg is important to him. The interview is on there website.

That was posted here yesterday.

On 99.9 rutherford talks about signing cole and larose before july 1 and also mentions that signing seidenberg is important to him. The interview is on there website.

Thanks, I missed it and didnt know there was time table set. Do you have the direct link for lazy people like me?

The Detroit Free Press posted a gallery of ten unrestricted free agent forwards of the third-and-fourth-line variety which the Red Wings may target, especially assuming that the $4 million of cap space the Wings have won't allow them to re-sign Jiri Hudler, Mikael Samuelsson, or Marian Hossa (thus, necessitating a little more grit)...

But the problem involving almost every player listed is simple: they've had the kinds of seasons which merit $2-3 million salaries for grinding players in early July.

Examples?

Sure, let's run down the list. The Free Press makes excellent arguments as to why the Wings may target said players, so here's the "by the numbers" version, with the salaries listed reflecting the players' 2008-2009 earnings:

Chad LaRose, Carolina Hurricanes. 27 years old, posted 31 points in 79 games while racking up all of 35 penalty minutes, and earned $750,000. LaRose is the kind of player who could get "Dan Cleary money" ($2.5 million plus) from an interested buyer.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/06/ap...reeagent_t.html

"Chad LaRose, Carolina Hurricanes. 27 years old, posted 31 points in 79 games while racking up all of 35 penalty minutes, and earned $750,000. LaRose is the kind of player who could get "Dan Cleary money" ($2.5 million plus) from an interested buyer."

Please JR Do NOT let this happen..."Show Chad the money" ;)