The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Official Canes trade rumor thread

"Chad LaRose, Carolina Hurricanes. 27 years old, posted 31 points in 79 games while racking up all of 35 penalty minutes, and earned $750,000. LaRose is the kind of player who could get "Dan Cleary money" ($2.5 million plus) from an interested buyer."

Please JR Do NOT let this happen..."Show Chad the money" ;)

Not that kind of money, he hasn't warranted it.

"Chad LaRose, Carolina Hurricanes. 27 years old, posted 31 points in 79 games while racking up all of 35 penalty minutes, and earned $750,000. LaRose is the kind of player who could get "Dan Cleary money" ($2.5 million plus) from an interested buyer."

Please JR Do NOT let this happen..."Show Chad the money" ;)

There is no way, no way, that J.R. is going to show Chad that kind of money. 2.5 million a season?

Would take that kind of money to move to Detriot. First of all you, have Detriot Winters. Secondly, one has the quality of life here versus in Detriot. Look at those that left to chase the "pot of gold" and found out that it was really a chamber pot.

I know he is from Michigan, still I believe it would take boatloads of money for him to return, In that vein, I moved to Raleigh 25 years ago from Tampa, It would take boatloads of money and the promise of the king's daughter in marriage for me to return.

Chad LaRose, Carolina Hurricanes. 27 years old, posted 31 points in 79 games while racking up all of 35 penalty minutes, and earned $750,000. LaRose is the kind of player who could get "Dan Cleary money" ($2.5 million plus) from an interested buyer.

That's what I tried to tell everyone. Someone will be prepared to over-pay for what LaRose could potentially add to their franchise. I still see Pittsburgh as the most likely destination, because he could possibly put up Alexandre Burrows-like point totals with someone like Crosby or Malkin to leech off of. Burrows is a player that I believe compares very favorably to LaRose as he was mostly considered an energy bottom-six forward until he was paired with more talented linemates.

I know he is from Michigan, still I believe it would take boatloads of money for him to return, In that vein, I moved to Raleigh 25 years ago from Tampa, It would take boatloads of money and the promise of the king's daughter in marriage for me to return.

Well, if I'm Chad (a Michingan native, no less) and I get offered substantially more dollars to play for the Wings (say 2-2.5 vs 1.5-1.8 from JR) I don't think the "Detroit winters" are something that is a deal breaker. But, I've never left the south so I wouldn't know too much about the relocation phenonemon.

That's what I tried to tell everyone. Someone will be prepared to over-pay for what LaRose could potentially add to their franchise. I still see Pittsburgh as the most likely destination, because he could possibly put up Alexandre Burrows-like point totals with someone like Crosby or Malkin to leech off of. Burrows is a player that I believe compares very favorably to LaRose as he was mostly considered an energy bottom-six forward until he was paired with more talented linemates.

If I am JR I would let LaRose walk if he demands more than $1.7mil.

Tampa's a nice area; surprised to hear that it'd take so much to go back.

Ok, back on topic now haha.

If I were Chad and I got offerend 2 mil plus to sign in my home town on a team that is a contender every year.... its a no brainer.

You /Chad would likely consider the amnount of playing time that might be available.

Remember that "other guy" who used to play for Detroit. (13)

Let's weigh the odds here:

Make $2.5M to play for Detroit on the 3rd line. Go back home and play for a contender every year.

Make $1.5M to play for Carolina on the 3rd line. Won a cup here and the ONLY team to take a chance on me.

Hmmm which way does the cookie crumble.

Let's weigh the odds here:

Make $2.5M to play for Detroit on the 3rd line. Go back home and play for a contender every year.

Make $1.5M to play for Carolina on the 3rd line. Won a cup here and the ONLY team to take a chance on me.

Hmmm which way does the cookie crumble.

that might be a hard call for him, his agent i am sure is saying Detroit.

Excusing the fact that I havent read much of this thread, is there actually some credible source saying Detroit might make a play for LaRose or is this just pure guessing who else might be interested in LaRose? A couple of you have thrown out numbers and actual line positions for a possible contract so Im wondering if there's anything legit to back this up or is it speculation.

Excusing the fact that I havent read much of this thread, is there actually some credible source saying Detroit might make a play for LaRose or is this just pure guessing who else might be interested in LaRose? A couple of you have thrown out numbers and actual line positions for a possible contract so Im wondering if there's anything legit to back this up or is it speculation.

I read the link and it isn't really a source saying LaRose is about to be signed but it's an article about some UFA's that Detroit may be interested in (in somebody's opinion).

That's not really a big surprise, just about everyone on the board was predicting that he wouldn't be back. This will give someone from Albany a chance to make the jump.....

That's not really a big surprise, just about everyone on the board was predicting that he wouldn't be back. This will give someone from Albany a chance to make the jump.....
All of our defensemen in Albany are vastly overrated and none of them will bring what Seidenberg did this past season. He's a legit top 4 defensemen and I'd be wary about playing any of Carson/Borer/Rodney in anything more than sheltered #5/6 roles.

Seidenberg needs to be replaced by an actual NHL top 4 defenseman, not some prospect.

All of our defensemen in Albany are vastly overrated and none of them will bring what Seidenberg did this past season. He's a legit top 4 defensemen and I'd be wary about playing any of Carson/Borer/Rodney in anything more than sheltered #5/6 roles.

Seidenberg needs to be replaced by an actual NHL top 4 defenseman, not some prospect.

That won't happen this year, a NHL top 4 defenseman. JR doesn't have the "wiggle" room under our self imposed salary cap.... just my 02 cents.

You really dont feel any of those 3 are ready? I think Carson and Borer could both handle being on the 3rd pairing. You gotta take a chance sometime. We got real issues up front that money could address.