The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Official Canes trade rumor thread

Kaberle to the KHL?

http://www.japersrink.com/2009/5/29/892091/circular-reasoning-the-nylander-to' target="_blank">http://www.japersrink.com/2009/5/29/892091...the-nylander-to[/post]

if this happens do we get his 2.2 back for leaving the contract? or is it the same as retiring?

if we get the money this would be beyond perfect

That would be a dream come true. Not that I am the Kabs hater that a lot here are, but it would give J.R. some flexibility both roster wise and money wise.

That being said, I'll believe that one when I see it. It would be a Festivus miracle.

That would be the best case scenario - Kabs gets decent money (I'm sure he wouldn't go there for peanuts), probably a spot on the #1 or #2 D pairing (as opposed to the press box), and gets to play in a place closer to home. We get $2.2M off the books (in both real and cap $), and a roster spot for an off season acquisition or to promote Carson, Borer, or Rodney.

Sadly he'd be doing us a favor going to the KHL. I dont hate him but it's no secret 2006 was a fluke in terms of his performance.

Mo is lookin at million dollar houses thats all i know so far. :rolleyes:

Are you a realtor?

Say if Kabs goes to the KHL. Do we still have to pay him or is his contract wiped off the table.?

If a player on an existing contact bolts for the KHL, then the NHL club would not pay the player and the player's cap hit would not count against the cap. It matters not how old the player was when he signed the contract.

If a player signs a deal before age 35, and then retires, then the club would not pay the player and the player's cap hit would not count against the cap.

If a player signs a deal after age 35, and then retires, then the club would not pay the player, but the player's cap hit would count against the cap.

He was a big reason we won the Cup in '06, but JR made a huge mistake signing him for so much money and at such a long length. Him leaving for the KHL for a year or two would free up a lot of flexibility on the blue line and cap wise. He's been a good character guy for the team, he doesn't complain or anything.....but I would love that extra 2.2 for JR to work with considering his play the last 3 years.

He was a big reason we won the Cup in '06, but JR made a huge mistake signing him for so much money and at such a long length. Him leaving for the KHL for a year or two would free up a lot of flexibility on the blue line and cap wise. He's been a good character guy for the team, he doesn't complain or anything.....but I would love that extra 2.2 for JR to work with considering his play the last 3 years.

Jr needs to sign players with his head and not his heart this year. Too many contracts on the "Cup win"

Jr needs to sign players with his head and not his heart this year. Too many contracts on the "Cup win"

Kabs had some shoulder problem after the cup run that he never seemed to recover from fully. And now that maybe he is getting better, his position with the team has become redundant with the additions of Corvo, Pitkanen, and Babs. At the time it was a solid deal for a dman coming off a 44 point season.

Just saw on ESPN Hockey Central dated last Thursday that

Canes will try to move Kabs and Wallin. I'm not an insider so

don't know what it said.

Does it say where we are trying to find interest?

don't know what it said.

don't know what it said.

Sounds like old news, we have been trying to move Kabs forever and Wallin has a NTC so he ain't going anywhere unless he wants to.

don't know what it said.

That could have been any day for the last 2 years. I wouldn't be holding my breath.

That could have been any day for the last 2 years. I wouldn't be holding my breath.

Your right. Kabs has been out there with no takers for a while.

Your right. Kabs has been out there with no takers for a while.

All i know is the Kabs can put the "K" in KHL!!!! :blink::rolleyes:

Please tell me this isn't a dream please please please!!!!

Heck i am the Commish of the KHL--------------KABS HATER LEAGUE!! ;):lol:

Gionta is a good player and has a knack for catching people sleeping, as seen in the first series of this year's playoffs. He's a high energy guy who is quick and can have the scoring touch, but he's another small offensive player. Granted he has more skill than many of the small forwards we have on our team currently, JR and MO seem to want to go bigger. It seems like our guys got pushed off the puck an awful lot during the playoff run, so I think adding size is more of a priority than another smaller forward.

Someone posted in the official trade thread the possibility of stealing St. Louis from Tampa, and I would much rather have him than Gionta if we did go small.