The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
jb_online

'Canes Quotes

All good ones. :) Some of my personal favorites are:

"That's what happens when you suck." Tim Gleason to the media after practice back during a really rough part of the season.

"Go back to your makeup and handbag!" Chad LaRose to Sean Avery on his episode of Day in the Life

"We like to take a defenseman that hasn't scored all year and just throw him out there." Paul Maurice on why the Canes seem to be the Devils' playoff nemesis (after Gleason's Game 2 OT heroics)

a favorite of mine was right after Maurice became coach again, at a Press Conference after the game he was asked why the Team lost and his response was something like...

"Didn't you watch the game? We played like s***", then when asked what he said to the team after the lose his response was something like...

"Well, it's nothing you can print"

Any quote from Maurcie/Walker/JR referring to the punching Ward incident.

The best quote is in your sig "Don't start a fight, finish it." -Scott Walker

Any quote from Maurcie/Walker/JR referring to the punching Ward incident.

:lol: These two were my favorites from that whole thing: "I may have to sell my truck" and "His hand is probably sore" Oh Mo...

By far for me was Ray's "quote" caught by a directional mike after winning the cup. I won't repeat it here because it is non family. If you don't remeber it as they say in Carolina "I hate it for ya". :)

The most recent one that made me laugh out loud.....

During the exit interviews, they were discussing whether or not Cam would be on the ice this summer. He said he expected a call from Brindy in a couple of weeks wanting to start practicing again......They asked him what he would do when he got the call, he said "Screen it" and laughed.

In Brindy's exit interview he said he was going to "Hunt him down".

I can't remember the players involved by it makes me laugh everytime I'm at the game... they ask on the score board what one player should do for new years (and I think it's Chad LaRose) and one of the guys says "(LaRose) needs to learn to read."... I may have the players wrong, but that ones funny... all of the "Ask the Players" bits have a couple funny answers to them.

I can't remember the players involved by it makes me laugh everytime I'm at the game... they ask on the score board what one player should do for new years (and I think it's Chad LaRose) and one of the guys says "(LaRose) needs to learn to read."... I may have the players wrong, but that ones funny... all of the "Ask the Players" bits have a couple funny answers to them.

Commodore said that about LaRose.

And I think it was also Commodore who made the joke about the Whitney figurine being actual size. That was a good one.

And I think it was also Commodore who made the joke about the Whitney figurine being actual size. That was a good one.

My favorite. That was the best Canes commercial I have ever seen. "Come get your life-size Ray Whitney figurine" as he holds it up.

My favorite. That was the best Canes commercial I have ever seen. "Come get your life-size Ray Whitney figurine" as he holds it up.

I had to go find that: http://hurricanes.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=10754''>http://hurricanes.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=10754' target="_blank">http://hurricanes.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?&id=10754[/post]

Amazing how much there is in the CanesVision vault!

"See Them While You Can!"

- The magnet schedule from the 1996 - 1997 Hartford Whalers

" Cam, I can't believe you just won the Con Smyth. Think of all the guys' names on that trophy you are about to now join. How does that feel?" (Kevyn Adams)

"Not as good as it does to be on the Cup with all of you"

- Cam's response

Commodore said that about LaRose.

And then Rosie said that as his resolution Commie needed to work on his hygiene.

I'm with cc; the best is Ray Whitney's comment that was caught for posterity, "**** Yes!" as he hoisted the Cup.

Well for quote sake it was actually ****in Right

the best chuck kaiton quote. when the canes played the panthers in the last game of the season in 2006-2007 and it was in over time and the panthers got a penalty shot:

"And then John Grahame stopped Bryan Allen on a penalty shot! You didn't think that would happen---- The penalty shot, that is"

:lol::lol::lol::lol: