The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sutter16

Rodney and Carson signed

That news just made my day.

That leaves (for the Rats) Babin, Manzato, Jensen and Gillies still unsigned. I'd love to see Manzato resigned. I think he and Peters make a good tandem. Danny's a great goalie and he deserves to start and I don't think it's going to happen here. I'd like to have Gillies back assuming, of course, he's having no residual issues with his concussion. I think he leads by example and is an asset to the team.

That news just made my day.

That leaves (for the Rats) Babin, Manzato, Jensen and Gillies still unsigned. I'd love to see Manzato resigned. I think he and Peters make a good tandem. Danny's a great goalie and he deserves to start and I don't think it's going to happen here. I'd like to have Gillies back assuming, of course, he's having no residual issues with his concussion. I think he leads by example and is an asset to the team.

I don't think the Canes will resign Manzato, because the Rats are going to get Peters & Mike Murphy this year. That should be an even better tandem. Murphy should push Peters for the starting job in Albany.

Roche

I don't think the Canes will resign Manzato, because the Rats are going to get Peters & Mike Murphy this year. That should be an even better tandem. Murphy should push Peters for the starting job in Albany.

Roche

Oh I would be surprised if they resigned him, but only because there's no room for him not because of anything he's done

(sorry, I left out a whole great big line in my thought process when I posted earlier)

Although nothings in stone yet as to where Murphy will end up so we'll see.

I could see a scenario where Manzato returns to Switzerland, David Leggio (who spent last season as the #1 goaltender for the Florida Everblades) could be given the opportunity to back-up Peters in Albany, and Murphy would be the #1 goaltender for the Everblades.

I could see a scenario where Manzato returns to Switzerland, David Leggio (who spent last season as the #1 goaltender for the Florida Everblades) could be given the opportunity to back-up Peters in Albany, and Murphy would be the #1 goaltender for the Everblades.

Leggio signed with TPS Vladislav Koutsky in Finland in June

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jun/11/blades-goalie-leggio-signs-team-finland/' target="_blank">http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2009/jun/11...s-team-finland/[/post]

Well, that's a shame. I still think Murphy will be in the ECHL next season, it's the best possible "next step" for his style of play.

Well, that's a shame. I still think Murphy will be in the ECHL next season, it's the best possible "next step" for his style of play.

I agree with you. I think it would be a shame for Manzato to play backup when he's fully capable to be a starter. I suppose they could sign him and have he and Peters compete for starter again this season, but seeing as they haven't signed him yet I don't see that happening.

I wonder whether it was us or them that pushed for the one year deals. Seems to me we would push for multi year deals because we are pretty confident these guys are going to mature into NHL regulars. Perhaps they would only agree to 1 year deals because they want to make sure they are on a team next year that can give them a one way contract... Would be a shame to lose any of them before they develop. I will say however that if the consensus is that they will not resign with us next year no matter what, they could be decent trade bait to add on to a multi player deal.

I wonder whether it was us or them that pushed for the one year deals. Seems to me we would push for multi year deals because we are pretty confident these guys are going to mature into NHL regulars. Perhaps they would only agree to 1 year deals because they want to make sure they are on a team next year that can give them a one way contract... Would be a shame to lose any of them before they develop. I will say however that if the consensus is that they will not resign with us next year no matter what, they could be decent trade bait to add on to a multi player deal.

There would be no point in signing more than a year at this point for these two guys. This season, they can try and earn a spot on the big roster. Next year with the likes of Wallin, Kaberle and Corvo contracts expiring, one or both of them could automatically get that 1-way deal next off season.