The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Kahz

Hurricanes sign Tom Kostopoulos

A writer at THN had this to say about our signing TKO:

TOM KOSTOPOULOS, RW, CAROLINA

The former Canadien, who put pen to paper on a three-year deal worth $2.75- million Tuesday, will be a stellar addition to a Hurricanes lineup that

A writer at THN had this to say about our signing TKO:

TOM KOSTOPOULOS, RW, CAROLINA

The former Canadien, who put pen to paper on a three-year deal worth $2.75- million Tuesday, will be a stellar addition to a Hurricanes lineup that

Hi

I am here mainly because I am a big fan of Tom Kostopolous. He played a couple of years for a Major Jr A Roller Hockey team I GM'd. I have continued to follow his path through his career and he is likely one of the most under estimated player on the ice.

Tommy is all the things that I have read already on this board.

- He is a leader. He is funny - but not ha ha funny!

- He does not quit and will often be the one with all cylinders firing even though he is losing.

- He fights - badly, but he will never back down nor let his teammates down.

- He knows that he is not the star but he is sure that he plays WITH them not AGAINST them, feeding, blocking, taking the hits and slashes and will always get up for the next shift.

- He can be a role player or play an open style.

- He will be there when the chips are down. No one had Tommy on their radar during his draft year...until the playoffs when he led the London Knights to the League Finals scoring 19 goals and 16 assists in only 25 playoff games.

- He is of Greek descent and has a big following from the Hockey Loving Greek Community. Someone from head office should call the local Greek organizations/festivals for instant fans!

Lastly, he is the kind of player that people love. Ask any broadcaster in the game. He is a scene stealer with his hard work ethic and over the top effort. Hopefully the Hurricanes will recognize this.

Last years effort by the Canes was gutsy. It's a perfect fit.

Sign Me....the Carolina Hurricanes newest fan.

George

Port Dover, Ontario, Canada

Hi

I am here mainly because I am a big fan of Tom Kostopolous. He played a couple of years for a Major Jr A Roller Hockey team I GM'd. I have continued to follow his path through his career and he is likely one of the most under estimated player on the ice.

- He does not quit and will often be the one with all cylinders firing even though he is losing.

- He knows that he is not the star but he is sure that he plays WITH them not AGAINST them, feeding, blocking, taking the hits and slashes and will always get up for the next shift.

- He will be there when the chips are down. No one had Tommy on their radar during his draft year...until the playoffs when he led the London Knights to the League Finals scoring 19 goals and 16 assists in only 25 playoff games.

- He is of Greek descent and has a big following from the Hockey Loving Greek Community. Someone from head office should call the local Greek organizations/festivals for instant fans!

Lastly, he is the kind of player that people love. Ask any broadcaster in the game. He is a scene stealer with his hard work ethic and over the top effort. Hopefully the Hurricanes will recognize this.

George

Welcome aboard, thanks for the post.

I had a chance to read the Habs board and it looks like we have ourselves quite a pick up. From what they're saying he sounds like a less skilled Ruutu, a more skilled Conboy and has the heart and drive of LaRose. The biggest asset they claim he has is his character and locker room presence, which will come in very handy as our veteran leaders end their time in Raleigh.

All these compliments are coming from a fanbase who can be very critical of their own players. Sounds pretty good to me.

I agree with this. I live in Montreal and I've seen him play with the Habs. He will give his heart every shift, every night.

Hi

George

Thanks for the info. and glad to have you as a fan.

Hi

George

Wow, great first post! Welcome to the Caniac Nation! We are very happy to have you here on the boards, too. Thanks for the excellent insight to our new friend, Mr. Kostopoulos. We are a diehard and devoted fanbase who will no doubt make him feel very welcome. He's going to love the community, here. I think he will bring a lot to this team, and I am looking forward to seeing him play.