The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
BigMiike

Need a name for Road Trip Group

Storm Chasers = epic win. I mean, as Gene Rayburn used to say on Match Game, that's the definitive answer. :lol:

I hope to join you and the rest of the group for a trip next season... the Atlanta trip looked like an absolute blast, and it was so awesome to hear you guys taking over Philips Arena when we scored. I'd love to be a part of that!

Oh yeah, Storm Chasers has GOT to be it! It fits the hurricane description well and also describes what the road trip group is doing. I'd be interested in tagging along, work permitting.

When the schedule comes out for next season a group of people are going to get together to plan road trips for the 09-10 season. If you have a name suggestion, please reply.

I know some one has a good name. I think the unofficial name of the group for Atlanta was the "Caniac Invasion".

A few of my suggestions are Storm Chasers, Category 6, Cat. 6 Caniacs, Storm Surge, Red Tide, Red Roadies, Caniac Maniacs, Direct Hit, Red Rovers

Storm Chasers has the initial look and feel of being a great name. However, one could also infer that you are chasers=stalkers, no? So, for that reason, maybe not.

The Storm Surge is the next best.

No way on the Red Rovers, unless you let Timmy come over.

Meangene, I can't wait to start planing our next invasion! I love Storm Chasers. Caniac Invasion was good too, and we did have a blast in Atlanta, even if the guys blew it in the third. My son loves the picture he had taken with you right before warmups. I'd like to go back to Phillips and maybe Verizon, too. Thank goodness for a short Summer!! Preseason will be here before we know it!

When i got the group together for atlanta we were "caniac invasion" which was neat bc on the jumbo it said ..." we would like to welcome caniac invasion " which was funny to see in the phillips arena

Storm Chasers is good, if a bit obvious. I'm with Superdave on Storm Surge - the Canes bring the Surge of destruction in behind them.

I like Storm Chasers or Storm Surge.

Are you planning to make flags and signs for the group? If you get a committed group of people for this, you may wanna consider having everyone or as many of the members as possible attend the home games together, in the same section, tailgate together before the games, stuff like that. That way people would bond more, you could coordinate the cheering , make up the custom chants, wear the same clothing, basically act like an organized fan group both home and away.

we will let everyone know plans for sure.

I was trying to think of a name that includes Stormy too as a possibility. Stormy's Stampede or something along those (corny) lines. Another suggestion is to include Karmonos, JR, or maybe a group named for Chaission. Karmonos' Krazies, Rutherford's Road Trippers, Chaisson's Crew. Just throwing that out.

I think Storm Chasers would be the best option. I'd love for the team to give a little more recognition to Chaisson, but I don't think naming the road trip crew after him is the best way to do it. Especially when there's no guarantee how those on the road trip are going to act.

Hurricane Hunters - after the name of the plane the NOAA flys into them.

That's clever, but I wouldn't use that because we're not really hunting them... we're chasing them on their trips, which is why Storm Chasers is brilliant.