The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
caniaczrule

Aaron Ward

It was a sucker punch I dunno what your going on about. Everyone thought he was going to be suspended. Just because he wasn't suspended doesnt mean it wasn't a sucker punch.

No doubt that it was a sucker punch. Ward was a sucker for not defending himself. That being said, he is a local boy and we do love the guy. The past is the past. I guess that technically we can say that it was last season.

----------------

Now playing: Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Oliver's Army[/post]

via FoxyTunes

As much as I like Scott W, I say it was a sucker punch. Aaron Ward's hands were down and his gloves were on when he was punched. AWard was an integral member of the Canes for several years. He's a class act and loves the area. I for one would love to see him back in a Canes sweater if it would work out. Let bygones be bygones.

As much as I like Scott W, I say it was a sucker punch. Aaron Ward's hands were down and his gloves were on when he was punched. AWard was an integral member of the Canes for several years. He's a class act and loves the area. I for one would love to see him back in a Canes sweater if it would work out. Let bygones be bygones.

You just got your wish granted! :)

It wasn't a sucker punch because Ward had a chance to protect himself and chose not to

I'm still glad to see Ward back--he can be an instigator at times, but now he's the Canes PITA again

And Stevens was NOT one of the cleanest checkers ever. His hits may not have been against the rules--but when he had a choice to go for a body shot or a head shot--he ALWAYS chose the head shot. Please see the shot that took out the original crybaby, Lindros. Lindros was being defended by another Devil and Stevens used that distraction to come unseen and hit Lindros in the head with his shoulder. No looking to take the puck and move it up the ice, which would have been easy since he was unseen by Lindros, no looking to take the body, just a subtle move to avoid the body, duck the shoulder and aim for the temple....

almost all of these hits were intentionally to the head, more than a few were coming as the non-engaged defender--and all were legal. But it doesn't make them clean and it doesn't make them not cheap. Stevens was willing to potentially end the career of a FELLOW professional to make a highlight reel--I don't know of anything cheaper than that.

Happy to see Ward back!! He's a warrior, just like Wesley was. I'd love to be a fly on the wall for when Ward meets Walker, this time in the same colors.