The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
wesley-number-1-fan

Your Favorite Canes Accessory

Mine is the Stanley Cup pin that the Canes handed out the very first season in Greensboro! I wear it on my jersey to every home game.

Mine is my "Hurricane Edition" Jeep. It goes everywhere and no matter what I wear, where I park, or go... it says I am a Canes fan. It's a 2006 Unlimted Rubicon, so being the same year as the cup is pretty nice also.

Will be a bit out of place when I move to MN next year...but thats ok, it will still be unique and mine.

My Eric Staal 2007 All-Star jersey, Brind'Amour Stanley Cup Finals Patched Jersey, 2001-2002 team autographed stick, Brind'Amour and Ron Francis signed 8x10s, and of course my game used Glen Wesley jersey. I got most of that from ebay... back when I made $11 an hour ;) Now, I'm a student, so I stay broke <_<

I dont know why I didn't mention this when I posted back in July of 08 (maybe because I posted clothing items Jersey/Hat to wear to games). My all time favorite item would have to be my "Hurricanes Parking Only" sign signed by half the 06 Champs team. I got it after the Olympic sendoff game (a lot of guys stopped to sign since they had 2 weeks off, spent a lot of time with the fans great time) and froze to death wearing only my Nike Team USA Jersey in February.

Got 15 auto's that night from Cole, Gerber, Williams, Brindamour, Weight, C.Adams, A.Ward, Whitney, K.Adams, Ladd, Vasicek, Staal, Vallin, Cullen and Coach Laviolette.

Since then I've also picked up a Authentic Commodore Jersey, game used Williams, Samsonov and Sutter sticks, and a player worn practice helmet.

2 things....

my Stanley Cup coffee cup (that I see every morning)

my mini Stanley Cup Banner hanging in my study (that I look at every night before I go to bed)

(I hope to have two more favorites in the near future!)

My Hurricanes "fat pants" (i.e. my very comfy pajama looking bottoms I wear for every game I watch on TV) and my Eric Staal bobblehead who I high five for every goal in games watched at home too (we are buds)!

I love all of my Stanley Cup Championship memorabilia of course but I wish I had bought additional license frames and key chains because they are wearing out. My home office is decorated with framed posters I have gotten at the RBC and other stuff I have bought at the eye. I finally splurged on a stick and waited 2 hrs to get it signed and we traded him (Stillman)so thay takes the fun out of having it with him being a kitty kat now :P

Might have to be my Irbe stick he gave me and signed.

I used to fax him and we kinda built up a friendship...

I thought this would be a fun little thing to see what your favorite Canes item is. Maybe it's a good luck charm that you wear to games, or something as simple as a keychain. For me, I think my Stanley Cup Hurricanes hat from 2006 is my favorite item. Whats yours? A magnet? A red, "hurricane themed" car? A hat? A jersey? Hurricane pajamas?

Just have a fun little break and see what your "good luck charm"/ favorite Canes item is.

tough call. i got a nice chad larose figure holding the cup from the everblades (love the detail on the hat he's wearing, same one from the ice that night and the one i ordered online days later). my fiancee surprised me with a black #12 jersey for the holidays this year that's high on the list. i got a bunch of gear from one of the regulars i used to wait on at the restaurant i used to work at, mostly hats, pins, decals, but it was an amazing gesture on their part.

gotta go with my red canes jersey with the autographs. we got locker room passes in tampa years ago and i have signatures from francis, wesley, maurice, coffey, irbe, o'neill and six others. francis also signed the whalers hat i wearing too. but that jersey is the one. i wore it all through the 02 and 06 playoff runs and it's still the jersey i reach for first.

and kudos to starting this thread. reading through everyone's favorite canes things had me more pumped up for tonight's game that i already was.

How/where did u get this???

Does'nt everyone have one? Were sold last summer.

My best accessory is a Blue Foster's can.

I also am pretty fond of my hand made Stanley Cup hat created in 02 and upgraded in 06.

I also have a hand lettered/painted megaphone and pompom left after Game 7 of the SC semi fnals against Buffalo.

Very nice artwork pre-slug period.

Does'nt everyone have one? Were sold last summer.

My best accessory is a Blue Foster's can.

I also am pretty fond of my hand made Stanley Cup hat created in 02 and upgraded in 06.

I also have a hand lettered/painted megaphone and pompom left after Game 7 of the SC semi fnals against Buffalo.

Very nice artwork pre-slug period.

My favorite accessory of yours is your car.

Yes i love my plexi as well!! It was so big i had it cut into 6 pieces and got them to auto it :) But beisdes that I made a pic of Ruutu checking an oiler into the bench that says owned - and he signed it and said "oh wow what was a doing? I got lot of penalty minutes for that " haha

I thought this would be a fun little thing to see what your favorite Canes item is. Maybe it's a good luck charm that you wear to games, or something as simple as a keychain. For me, I think my Stanley Cup Hurricanes hat from 2006 is my favorite item. Whats yours? A magnet? A red, "hurricane themed" car? A hat? A jersey? Hurricane pajamas?

Just have a fun little break and see what your "good luck charm"/ favorite Canes item is.

ohh and my #1 is my canes personalized plate.... it says Ruuu! lol

I have a something for the Hurricane from Maple Leafs Gardens after it closed. This one of the score panels highlighting the out of town games. When they were bringing them down, the other Hurricanes panel fell and broke. I got the only one left. It wasn't cheap, but it's the best Hurricanes accessory I have and a great piece of history from the Gardens.

my very first canes game, back when i was 8 or 9 years old I was down near their bench during practice and just screaming my head off because i was so excited, Irbe saw me and pointed at me and gave me a stick he had just broken and then nodded at me and skated off. I never got it signed though. :(