The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
g105

JWilly Back?

I say he comes back on the trade deadline in a trade that also brings back Andrew Ladd from Chicago

Don't forget Commodore, Craig Adams, and Stillman. Then sign Malik, Eaves, and Weeks as a backup off of FA and we are set.

and Irbe comes back from overseas too.... :D

Don't forget Commodore, Craig Adams, and Stillman. Then sign Malik, Eaves, and Weeks as a backup off of FA and we are set.

and Irbe comes back from overseas too.... :D

Don't forget Jamie Storr, he can be in charge of goalie development!!! :lol: :lol:

First scenerio:

Trade deadline 2010

Second scenerio:

Offseason 2010

He'll have 1 year left on his contract. This is when JR pulls the trigger to get him back :)

First scenerio:

Trade deadline 2010

Second scenerio:

Offseason 2010

He'll have 1 year left on his contract. This is when JR pulls the trigger to get him back :)

At the trade deadline 2011--to help us make the playoffs again. Then resign at end of season.

Not that I expect LA to be that stupid...but from someone who has a #11 jesey....It can't happen soon enough for me!

According to our Roster Link on the Website I think it's time to get the name "Boychuk" stitched over your Williams for that #11 jersey you have

p.s. the winning piece we're missing is definitely Jarslov Svoboda

Puh-lease folks. Canes are going no where without....

PAVEL BRENDL!

I say he returns and signs a monster dealing, with bonuses for scoring 50 goals and making 100 points.

/sarcasm.

Don't forget Jamie Storr, he can be in charge of goalie development!!! :lol: :lol:

LOL! That was awesome. Storr was SO awful for us, it makes me laugh. He goes into the bucket with guys like Tomas Kurka, Jeff Heereema, and Anson Carter.

I think that if Williams can regain his form and prove he can be at least semi-durable we'll see him back eventually, but I don't think JR needs any more injury questions in our current lineup to risk it.

According to our Roster Link on the Website I think it's time to get the name "Boychuk" stitched over your Williams for that #11 jersey you have

p.s. the winning piece we're missing is definitely Jarslov Svoboda

NOOOOOOOOO! Seriously, I don't see him making the team this year, he's small which we're trying to get bigger and we already have 4 under 6 feet and he's a center. Guess that gives Willie and JR another season. (I can always hope!) But I think his injuries are behind him and he'll have a great season and LA won't trade him to anyone.

NOOOOOOOOO! Seriously, I don't see him making the team this year, he's small which we're trying to get bigger and we already have 4 under 6 feet and he's a center.

Boychuk is most likely going to make the roster this year, he nearly made it last year. The thing that levels out Boychuk's lack in size is his speed. The coaching staff was gushing over him last year during camp that he's such a natural goalscorer.

We don't need anymore forwards, we've got tons of prospects that could be in the lineup as soon as this year, if not in a few years. (Bowman, Borer, Carson, Rodney, Boychuk, Paradis, Dalpe, Terry, and the list goes on). The only way we would attempt to get Williams back is if he was on pace for a 30 goal season, and we had several injuries to the team.

Seconded, Storr is in the same boat as Grahame....

I'll admit that I didn't recognize Storr's name, but the second part about Grahame told me all I need to know. :)

Boychuk is most likely going to make the roster this year, he nearly made it last year. The thing that levels out Boychuk's lack in size is his speed. The coaching staff was gushing over him last year during camp that he's such a natural goalscorer.

We don't need anymore forwards, we've got tons of prospects that could be in the lineup as soon as this year, if not in a few years. (Bowman, Borer, Carson, Rodney, Boychuk, Paradis, Dalpe, Terry, and the list goes on). The only way we would attempt to get Williams back is if he was on pace for a 30 goal season, and we had several injuries to the team.

I still don't see it happening this year, unless we're going to trade someone. Next year seems more likely to me....but then who knows what JR has planned.

Seconded, Storr is in the same boat as Grahame....

I dunno, Grahame did actually win a few games for us. On the on the other hand, Storr (and Weekes) were stuck playing behind a team that scored about two goals a month.

If we give Willy another shot, we definitely need to think about giving Tanabe another chance too! :blink:

I see Willy eventually making his way back. He was just TOO injury prone here. Maybe the time away will allow for his body to mend! ;)