The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
golfpro827

Which 3 Western Teams do you want to see in Raleigh?

I guess you're just talking about the 3 that we would have a home and home series with, because we should play everyone once but we won't always be the home team.

In terms of what's best for our team to get points, I'd obviously choose the worst teams:

Phoenix because they suck

Colorado will also be bad

Any team (though luckily for us they will have major injury issues)

Teams that I would like to see us play because I think it would be fun to watch include:

Blue Jackets, they will be relatively young and exciting

Blues, same reason

Oilers, just gives me a good feeling to play them at the RBC

Colorado - First off, there's obvious reasons given my adoration for this terrible team. Secondly, I've gotta catch Duchene in his rookie year.

San Jose - My friend's a Sharks fan, and these guys are pretty good.

Chicago - Holy Jonathan Toews/Patrick Kane/Marian Hossa, batman!

like the other posters, I want to see the Canes play the worst of the west for the extra points... but for enjoyment purposes:

Oilers - because we have a special connection with the team and fans

Vancouver - for revenge and closure of that shortie that shouldn't have been

Detroit - it is a great measuring stick, to see where our boys stand against the western elite

The Wings -- to be the best, you need to play the best. Also, a sure sell-out to increase PK cpffers

The Blackhawks -- never seen them play, plus a cool jersey

The Oil --- nuff said

I'd love to see Chicago, for Ladd and the All-Stars... would be a fun game. (Is Ladd even still there? I know C.Adams is gone)

My very first Cane's game ever was against the Phoenix Coyotes when they were a fresh expansion (like 99 or 2000). Would be nice to see them again, and if its easy points then all the better.

Edmonton would be nice for the 06 Cup re-match.

Honorable Mention: I know we play them in the preseason.. but I think more could be done to build up a Carolina/Nashville rivalry... opposite conferences, neighboring states. Points don't matter (as much) just a fence-line grudge match.

I'm already sick of seeing Detroit, so I don't care about them...

Which three do you want to see and why?

1. Vancouver - the only NHL team I've never seen.

2. Chicago - what a lineup to see. 2nd NHL team I've never seen in Raleigh (saw them play in Chicago). Plus I have a Toews player t-shirt I would seriously rock that night.

3. San Jose - Just a fun team to watch

Since we played all of those at their place last year, won't they come to the RBC Center this year?

I guess these are the generic choices..but

Detroit - Ever since I went to Game 4 in '02 I try not to miss these games...I just hate them..haha

San Jose - Never seen them play in person.

Chicago - They are an exciting team that'll probably be going deep in the playoffs the next few years, so I enjoy watching them.

yeah, generic choices, but they'd be great games.

San Jose, Phoenix, Dallas, St louis, Colorado, LA and Minnesota will be playing in our barn this year.

We will play Detroit, Colorado, Minnesota, Columbus, Dallas, Anaheim, and Nashville on the road. Feb 1st @ Edmonton 06 rematch.

I don't see Chicago on the list.. I thought they changed the schedule back to playing every team at least once.

*We get Vancouver at home too... literally the only team I don't see on the list is Chicago.

** Check that.. Chicago is home Jan 30th... missed it somehow 3 times through the list.

So most people on here got some of their wishes at least.. Chicago and San Jose were mentioned multiples times.

stars - one of the first hockey teams i followed 'cause I'm a cowboys fan

avs -one of the first hockey teams i followed...going back to being a fan of roys

hawks - young talent and nat'l lampoons christmas vacation, chevy chase wears a hawks jersey.

Kings-- Just like them, always have

Sharks - Get to talk trash with all my friends in SJ who are Shark fans

Wings - Not a fan of Detroit sports, but the Red Wings are a great team to watch on what a team should be and how they collapse on the puck.

Chicago - For the obvious reasons, their young talent is astounding. I'd rather watch the Blackhawks every night instead of the Penguins.

Calgary - I love, love, love their physical play. Iginla is the ultimate NHL player in my opinion, he can do everything you need him to. You haven't seen a player like that since Gordie Howe.

Phoenix - I like to watch train wreaks.

Honorable Mention - LA Kings; Dustin Brown is a fun player to watch and they also have the young talent, just as the Blackhawks do.

The Oil (my second favorite team largely because their fans are cool LOL It was definitely a breath of fresh air in 2006 after dealing with Montreal, NJ and the hated Buffalo fans)

The Sharks (Sorry Redwings I've seen you guys play the Canes numerous times and the Sharks had the most points in the West last year)

The Blackhawks (A young gifted team that lost the conference finals on the other side)

edit: we are playing the sharks and blackhawks @ home this year....

^ shameless bump :P

So glad we are going to be seeing my Kings in Raleigh this year. I love the Canes, but I learned to love hockey in SoCal. I'll finally have an excuse to wear my early-90's-vintage black and silver jersey.

Glad Chicago is coming here this year. While it is nice to fly up and visit the old stomping ground of Chi-town, it is butt cold there in winter. As a bonus, it's on a weekend so my family can come down here to the game.

Minnesota so I can watch Belanger again. Sure wish he was back on our team. With him, we could have gone all the way. (sarcasm alert).

LA Kings so we can give a hearty Bronx cheer to JJ.