The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Any XM204 listeners out there...

I suppose in that same vein, NHL.com's doing their 30 teams in 30 days and today (Thursday) is Carolina's day. They do a "State of the Union" (basically, a recap of the offseason, preview for the upcoming season), a look at our prospect pool and our draft recap. And if it's anything like the previous teams, they'll also have Cane highlights focusing on big events or star players.

I have a long drive tomorrow when I get off work at four... will be nice to have something to listen to. To be honest though, whenever those guys talk about the Canes its kinda obvious to me they dont pay a lot of attention to them. They basically just rehash everything we say here.

I have a long drive tomorrow when I get off work at four... will be nice to have something to listen to. To be honest though, whenever those guys talk about the Canes its kinda obvious to me they dont pay a lot of attention to them. They basically just rehash everything we say here.

I like when they have Dave Droshak or John Forslund on, then we get some good insight. They've had a representative from each team in these spots so hopefully we'll get someone who has some new info but I kind of doubt it. We already get tons of info straight from JR and through Paul through the blog and interviews.

Frog, is there a time for that Canes segment? Did you mean the NHL network or NHL.com?

Here's a link to the article. The highlights were on the front page ticker.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=457840&navid=DL|NHL|Home' target="_blank">http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=457840&...vid=DL|NHL|Home[/post]

Thanks for the link, not a lot of anything in there. Hopefully XM will get a little more in depth with stuff like how the new additions may fit in.

Thanks for the link, not a lot of anything in there. Hopefully XM will get a little more in depth with stuff like how the new additions may fit in.

It's almost like they wrote that article a month ago.. they mentioned the re-signing of Cole and LaRose, but not a word about the additions of Alberts, Kostopolous, Ward and the other resignings like Jokinen and Ruutu.

with it being siriusxm I would imagine 204 for me is also going to have this despite I am a sirius subscriber prior to the merger.

I only listen to octane 20 so I really dunno what the heck is on the other channells. I used to but when they were changing the program lists it would wipe my favorites everyday until they finally got it straight and I got annoyed and stopped finding my favorites to resave them

Jamey doesn't have a clue about the Canes, but Boomer has a secret crush on the Canes. ;)

Boomer's insights are pretty right on with the team. It'll be interesting to hear what they have to say.

with it being siriusxm I would imagine 204 for me is also going to have this despite I am a sirius subscriber prior to the merger.

I only listen to octane 20 so I really dunno what the heck is on the other channells. I used to but when they were changing the program lists it would wipe my favorites everyday until they finally got it straight and I got annoyed and stopped finding my favorites to resave them

My brother had Sirius before the merger and he can't get the hockey channels unless he pays extra for a certain package. So unless you are paying extra for the package, not sure you'll get it.

My brother had Sirius before the merger and he can't get the hockey channels unless he pays extra for a certain package. So unless you are paying extra for the package, not sure you'll get it.

Wouldn't surprise me Sirius loves to nickle and dime its customers. Would ya believe you gotta pay another 2.95$ a month to be allowed to listen to Sirius on your Iphone? I mean seriously... I only pay a ridicolous 130$ a year already.

If you have XM and listen to 204, the afternoon show "Power Play" will be reviewing the Carolina Hurricanes on Friday sometime between 4-6pm.

Each day they've been picking two teams to review, one each hour. They discuss where they finished last season, players that they lost and gained, all the off season moves (or lack there of), and what they project the upcoming year to look like including where they think they'll finish in the standings. They've named Friday the Natural Disaster Day since they'll be covering the Canes as well as the Avalanche. :)

Just thought I'd give the heads up, its been interesting hearing how they think how other teams stack up so far.

My husband is p.o.'d because you can no longer listen to XM free over the web (as a subscriber, we have it in our cars and used to be able to listen to it free via their website).

Pretty poor write-up by NHL.com.

In the past three years, Carolina has gone from drafting No. 11 in 2006 to No. 27 in 2009 -- a strong indication that the Hurricanes are on the right path.

Although he was a second-round pick, McBain was actually Carolina's first selection (No. 63) at the 2006 Entry Draft.

So, did we pick at #11 or #63 at the '06 draft? We actually picked at #63 in '06, we had pick #11 at the '07 draft and used it on Brandon Sutter.

This past season, fans in Raleigh got their first look at Zach Boychuk, as Carolina's top pick from 2008 (No. 14) made the jump from junior hockey to the NHL near the conclusion of the regular-season campaign.

They seem certain that Boychuk suited up for the Hurricanes towards the end of the regular season, as opposed to the start of the regular season.

I'm sure there are more, but those were the two that really stood out and I have to question just how qualified some of these columnists are.

I turned the channel on around 5, and they had already started on the Avs. First sentence I heard was "tell me one good thing about this team" and I knew who they were talking about. :P