The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
MarlinsCanesCop86

Bad Publicity?

They don't want to be attached to the rapper and yet they played it at games and used it in commercials... hmmm. One of the Canes biggest icons is Ric Flair who represents a "sport" which consists of pure violence, sex, and deceit. And sorry but a rapper singing about a hockey team just doesn't seem like the thug type, nice stereotyping though...

Last I checked, wrestlers aren't notorious for murder, drugs, and abusing/putting down women... also, no body takes wrestling seriously... I mean, if it were real there would be fatalities every other week. People do take rappers seriously, because they do murder eachother and are open about doing drugs, beating women and killing cops - don't be so naive about rappers, I don't know where you could have been hiding in the last 20 years to not know that they enjoy living up to their reputation. Not a good arguement in my opinion, but thanks for the laugh.

Does this guy fit into that catagory? I don't know, and don't care. But the Canes organization can't afford to be wrong... I can. It is a question of legal ethics. Look at the recent song, from last season, by Airiel Down. They changed the lyrics and the Canes organization bought the rights to the song... Airiel Down isn't allowed to use that version of the song anymore because they sold it. What if the Canes didn't buy out the song, and Airiel Down got into some trouble, their actions would reflect on the Canes organization as being affiliated with them. It is no different. The Banks and Airiel Down took their work to the Canes and said "Here, please play this at games and promote me." I think it was good of the organization to give them money for their work and display their efforts.

Last I checked, wrestlers aren't notorious for murder, drugs, and abusing/putting down women... also, no body takes wrestling seriously... I mean, if it were real there would be fatalities every other week. People do take rappers seriously, because they do murder eachother and are open about doing drugs, beating women and killing cops - don't be so naive about rappers, I don't know where you could have been hiding in the last 20 years to not know that they enjoy living up to their reputation. Not a good arguement in my opinion, but thanks for the laugh.

Does this guy fit into that catagory? I don't know, and don't care. But the Canes organization can't afford to be wrong... I can. It is a question of legal ethics. Look at the recent song, from last season, by Airiel Down. They changed the lyrics and the Canes organization bought the rights to the song... Airiel Down isn't allowed to use that version of the song anymore because they sold it. What if the Canes didn't buy out the song, and Airiel Down got into some trouble, their actions would reflect on the Canes organization as being affiliated with them. It is no different. The Banks and Airiel Down took their work to the Canes and said "Here, please play this at games and promote me." I think it was good of the organization to give them money for their work and display their efforts.

Then you don't read the news. Google Chris Benoit. Like I said before nice Stereotyping... You bring a great name to North Carolina Grand Dragon.

And people don't take rapper seriously, please tell me last time that a rapper was accused of beating a woman, killing eachother, or killing a cop. Their music is solely for entertainment purposes, just like Wrestling is. Your own argument says it all, if rappers were real about what they said then there would be fatalities every other week.

Then you don't read the news. Google Chris Benoit. Like I said before nice Stereotyping... You bring a great name to North Carolina Grand Dragon.

:lol: Did I ever bring up race? So I'm racist for not respecting rappers...

So a wrestler died... wow, you're right, they are much more violent then gang members.

:lol: Did I ever bring up race? So I'm racist for not respecting rappers...

So a wrestler died... wow, you're right, they are much more violent then gang members.

No no, I was just stereotyping because you dislike rap. And Beniot didn't just die he brutally murdered his whole family. He was on steroids, in fact most wrestlers use steroids (drug use). Personally I don't even like Rap however I just find it in bad taste to look at a Rapper and automatically assume "Oh he must be affiliated with drugs, beating women, and gang related violence". Just as I would find any negative stereotype in bad taste. I mean he was rapping about a hockey team, you think that is going to boost his street cred? Rap is a venue of entertainment just like wrestling.

And people don't take rapper seriously, please tell me last time that a rapper was accused of beating a woman, killing eachother, or killing a cop. Their music is solely for entertainment purposes, just like Wrestling is. Your own argument says it all, if rappers were real about what they said then there would be fatalities every other week.

2 months ago Rihanna got the snot beat out of her by her boyfriend and popular rapper Chris Brown. Do you think it's because Notorious B.I.G hung out with good upstanding citizens he got gunned down or Tupac the same? Snoop Dog smokes weed right on camera on stage in the past...

How did this get from the Hurricanes orgainzation protecting their property (copyrights, logos, images, etc) to the North Carolina Grand Dragon? That's a pretty low blow there Dangermouse. The only one making it about race or stereotypes is you.

No where that I have seen has the Canes orgaization said he was damaging their image because he was a rapper. If Ric Flair started going to the ring wearing a Canes uniform and calling himself the official wrestler of the Carolina Hurricanes, I'd be willing to bet that he'd get a cease and decist order too.

How did this get from the Hurricanes orgainzation protecting their property (copyrights, logos, images, etc) to the North Carolina Grand Dragon? That's a pretty low blow there Dangermouse. The only one making it about race or stereotypes is you.

No where that I have seen has the Canes orgaization said he was damaging their image because he was a rapper. If Ric Flair started going to the ring wearing a Canes uniform and calling himself the official wrestler of the Carolina Hurricanes, I'd be willing to bet that he'd get a cease and decist order too.

I'm sorry I didn't mean that I was showing him that stereotypes are often misleading and wrong (As in because you dislike rap and am from NC that means you are a racist - Negative stereotype which is just as wrong as saying all rappers solicit violence and drugs). And saying that the Hurricanes don't want to support this rapper because all rappers are involved in drugs, beating women, and murder is indeed a negative stereotype. Maybe I'm reading the article wrong but it would seem this guy did indeed comply with the cease and desist orders by changing his website and they are suing him now because his album cover shows him in a Canes jersey.

You're at the wrong forum for that arguement my boy. Take it from the poster boy of crossing the line and I've never been close to where you are right now.

I'll predict the el-locko in 5-4-3-2-

Please report concerns rather than take matters into your own hands.

Thanks. Closing because this thread is heading toward disaster quickly.