The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
10dilpickle

who thinks that they did good

who here thinks they did good in 2009 playoffs ????? :huh:

Definitly... without a doubt! No one can argue with the fact that the Canes beat the number 1 and 3 teams in the Eastern Conference, and in dramatic fashion. Also considering that the Canes were not expected to be IN the playoffs to begin with (as per a lot of so called analysts)...

It's a shame that the road was so hard to travel... If only they had some gas left in the tank, who knows what could have happened.

Case closed ;)

I thought they had a GREAT run, and I was very proud of the way they came together as a team, and played with such heart!

The cup is hard to win--I am glad we have won one, and hope we can do it again. But I will be somewhat happy if we can be playoff contenders with regularity. That is the first goal I would like to see us achieve ! STARTING NEXT YEAR! :)

Just as well, the Lombardi Trophy doesn't hold any beer :( .

When I get my day with the Stanley Cup, of course I'm going to drink beer out of it but I'm going to have to use it as a big Jello mold too for the kids.

Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle

Compared to the last two playoff seasons, Yes, because not only did we actually play for the Cup, we won games and series in amazing fashion. I honestly don't think we will ever see a buzzer-beating goal or a game like game 7 of the NJ series again.

I think they did good.....

They did good at playing hockey

They did good at entertaining me

They did good at giving me free stuff to put on my wall

They did good at selling themselves

They did good at giving money to kids charities

But they also did bad

They did bad at running in charity races

They did bad at losing to the Lightning

They did bad at trading for Superman

They did bad at letting my dreams come true and getting everyone to throw barbecue sandwiches on the ice after a goal in the playoffs.

I have moved this thread from the Playoff section to Hurricanes Talk in order to close down the playoff forums for now.

Marcus Morton

Site Admin

I think there is absolutely no doubt the canes did exceptionally WELL. Look at the run they made to get into the playoffs and then to win not one, but TWO game sevens on opposition ice, and one of those against teh big, bad bruins aganst whom the CAnes were given no chance. Any way you slice it, it was a very good season and with the moves the team has made int eh off season, I am salivating for the season to start.