The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Hurricane Hockey Withdrawals

Personally, I play up to 3 games of hockey a week. But my withdrawals are mainly itching. I get the itch to watch the Hurricanes play so I replay the DVR'd games for help! :blink:

I am SO ready for hockey!!!!!!

mine has cause me to act up and get my warning level increased.

I go to the nhl.com looking for news and to the message board to be with other hockey fanatics who are miserable without it too. I also go to Bleacher Reports to read some of the articles.

There are several YouTube videos that are getting me thru the summer.

Most of the Canes ones have been posted here, but if you haven't seen the CBC '09 playoff montage, check it out because it's REALLY well put together. They always do a great job with them, but personally, this one was the best they've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVI09hbuK78

Anything I can wrap my head around, really. In grad school it's easy to find things that keep your mind off of it... not necessarily enjoyable things, though.

Now that it's over, it's probably just going to be CPA studying and anything aviation-related I can do before I start training. Baseball hasn't done the trick this year. I'm definitely counting the days.

Been watching replays of games on NHL channel. I watched the Canes/Devils series, still just as sweet, watched 2008 Pens/Sens series, even watched some "Classic Series" games from the 90's. I am so ready for the season to start.

I got a hurricane tattoo. :P Now I will be able to see the canes wherever I go.

LOL! nice tattoo. i'm not a big fan of them, but if i were to ever be talked into getting one, it would have to be Canes related... i applaud your ultimate Fandom!! *bows*

I'm on "vacation" in Georgia again, so I have watched the handful of games my brother has on his DVR and have made a ton of wallpapers on my 'puter.

There are several YouTube videos that are getting me thru the summer.

Most of the Canes ones have been posted here, but if you haven't seen the CBC '09 playoff montage, check it out because it's REALLY well put together. They always do a great job with them, but personally, this one was the best they've done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVI09hbuK78''>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVI09hbuK78' target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVI09hbuK78[/post]

Pretty cool video, Stormy and Granny made it on!! Would have loved to see the Canes a little bit more...I mean we made it way further than some of the teams that got more time on there.

went and got a custom plate with Stormy on it for my motorcycle. will look into a place that does paint jobs for bikes and if it doesn't take a second mortgage then I will have them "pimp my ride"!! will post pics.

Got out and played street hockey with kids today. Bulls game last night. Great game even though the baby Rays lost it in the 9th!

Gotta love the Hurricanes sponsored sumo wrestling :lol:

It's increased my offensiveness and as a result I've had to start putting disclaimers on all my posts.

Gawd...grow up.

2nd that. No kidding around, grow up and get it over it.

The sense of humor around here sometimes is lacking. If only you knew what I knew you'd allow me my temper tantrum. Anyway I'm okie-dokie now.

I really haven't been doing anything to combat the anti-hockey vibe. There is no substitute. I come here about 20 times a day hoping that we have some kind of news to discuss but I guess we are set unless Tanguay wants to play here for the league minimum.

Mostly Meth or Crack... Though I must admit I still can't seem to get the buzz I'm looking for.

;)

On a more real note I'd be more than happy going into the season with our current roster if they are planning on swinging a deal at the trade deadline with a team that is not going to make the playoffs and have a UFA that will not resign with the team (Frolov or Kovalchuk). Please!

I just try to find stuff to do over the summer to pass the time till the season starts again. God I hate summer.