The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Caniac5

Hurricane Hockey Withdrawals

I too am confused. I was under the impression that the title of this thread was self-explanatory.

"What do we do for Withdrawal?"

What any addict might do. Ramble of with various thoughts that come into our heads.

Seems like the conversation follows this track exactly. No Hijacking.

Please use a PM to respond to me to avoid "escalation" in the public domain.

I think we need Rodney King to comment. Just Kidding.

roflmao

disclaimer: no text messages were harmed with this post.

There's a line in section D of the rules that comes to mind:

d. purposely spam the message board with senseless, vacuous, or empty messages to gain a higher post count. This includes such things as party posts, chain letters, two-word "I agree" or "me too" responses, continually posting the same topic on a particular board, and posting the same question across several boards. Spamming your personal or commercial site will not be permitted, however you can supply a link to your site in your profile or signature. Also, in regards to spam. If you see a spammer, simply ignore them. Do not reply to them under any circumstances. Make your posts thoughtful.

Make your posts thoughtful...exactly what does this mean? I assume this would entail posting something that actually caused a synapse or two to fire off. Not some random gibberish. Unfortunately, groups of people are typically judged by the lowest common denominator. For instance, a new Hurricanes fan visits the board. Upon reading a few threads, they find that a large percentage just ramble and wander off topic or are full of just plain nonsense. Or more often, most threads are just two or three people spouting off random junk at one another (there are sites for this such as Facebook and Myspace). Is this how we want to be portrayed on the OFFICIAL Hurricanes message board? As stated before in this thread, some may not care how we as 'Canes fans are portrayed. However, I have noticed that these are the same that will not hesitate to slam on other fan bases, namely Buffalo. Pot, meet kettle.

Let's talk hockey, not act like 14 year olds. There are plenty of sites on the internet for such things.

disclaimer: I'm assuming the whole "disclaimer" thing was started to irritate the site staff.

Make your posts thoughtful...exactly what does this mean? I assume this would entail posting something that actually caused a synapse or two to fire off. Not some random gibberish. Unfortunately, groups of people are typically judged by the lowest common denominator. For instance, a new Hurricanes fan visits the board. Upon reading a few threads, they find that a large percentage just ramble and wander off topic or are full of just plain nonsense. Or more often, most threads are just two or three people spouting off random junk at one another (there are sites for this such as Facebook and Myspace). Is this how we want to be portrayed on the OFFICIAL Hurricanes message board? As stated before in this thread, some may not care how we as 'Canes fans are portrayed. However, I have noticed that these are the same that will not hesitate to slam on other fan bases, namely Buffalo. Pot, meet kettle.

Let's talk hockey, not act like 14 year olds. There are plenty of sites on the internet for such things.

disclaimer: I'm assuming the whole "disclaimer" thing was started to irritate the site staff.

what else do we have to talk about today? last season is well over, draft has come and gone as has the free agent frenzy. everyone we wanted signed is signed plus three extras, Babchuk has been beaten bloody 5 times over and there is a month before training camp. when you have all those factors then you get this.

we have been told by a mod that just about every word we post is offensive to one group or the other (though the mods never mention which group it is offending or which person). The disclaimer is our way of saying that "if what I just wrote upset you then my bad".

POST OF THE YEAR!

disclaimer: no other posts were offended because this one was by far the best ever on this board

the big problem is there is no hockey to talk about unless JR suddenly goes on a selling and buying binge.

Yet another rule comes to mind:

i. the administrators and moderators reserve the right to interpret the rules as they see fit.

There's a saying: If you don't like the house rules, stay out of the house.

Not that I agree with everything here because I don't. I just realize that I am a guest on this board, it is not my board, it is a privilege to use this board no matter how much money I've spent on tickets or jerseys or anything else. Therefore, I must abide by the rules set forth by those who own and/or run the board. If I want, I can go make my own forum where I can curse when I want, post what I want, and offend anyone I want. Why would I do it here? Why even attempt to?

disclaimer: blah blah blah

offended+ offended=offended :rolleyes::blink::unsure:;)

Wow i sure hope this didn't offend anyone!! :huh:

Disclaimer:no offense meant towards anyone,thing,dog,alien(et), ect ect!!!

now even disclaimers seem to be offending people!!!!

lighten up and have some fun,,,unless of course having fun offends you as well! :o

For a bunch of older adults (so they claim), Ive seen more maturity on myspace and facebook.

Disclaimer: no real adults were insulted by this post, only the ones that act like 12 year olds.

Yet another rule comes to mind:

There's a saying: If you don't like the house rules, stay out of the house.

Not that I agree with everything here because I don't. I just realize that I am a guest on this board, it is not my board, it is a privilege to use this board no matter how much money I've spent on tickets or jerseys or anything else. Therefore, I must abide by the rules set forth by those who own and/or run the board. If I want, I can go make my own forum where I can curse when I want, post what I want, and offend anyone I want. Why would I do it here? Why even attempt to?

disclaimer: blah blah blah

actually this forum does not belong to the moderators, it belongs to the team. the moderators are here to "moderate" not micro manage!

For a bunch of older adults (so they claim), Ive seen more maturity on myspace and facebook.

Disclaimer: no real adults were insulted by this post, only the ones that act like 12 year olds.

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional. Most older adults aren't in to myspace or facebook, that's for kids.

Thanks for that.

Now I really want to get back to the Longer Toe comment. I have one of those and think it must be because I am from the mountains of Vermont. I used to think it was an adaptation for cold weather. Perhaps to create a more stable platform for skating. Lets call it the "Pond Hockey Toe Genome". This has been bothering me for some time.

I will say this. I am not really concerned with how I am "Perceived/Judged" by others whose opinions mean nothing to me.

Go figure huh?

I also have been spending much time contemplating what I should grill at the next tailgating session.

I was also thinking of recommending some type of racing animals event prior to games. Pigs comes to mind but can be messy. We could use any other species or even have interspecies racing including good ole Human Beans.

This is what I think about for lack of hockey. Like the white noice on the television set or a dial tone.

Saving the synapses for tailgating.

Sincerely CC

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional. Most older adults aren't in to myspace or facebook, that's for kids.

Obviously.

disclaimer: no facebook and myspace members were insulted by suggesting they're this immature

Keep it civil folks. This is not a request.

Thank you.

I'll keep it nice, I promise.

It's great to be told by people half my age that I need to grow up.

The disclaimers were started as a joke and only a joke. I was having a little fun with everyone about how politically correct things had to be at times. Some must have thought it was funny because they did it too. I did the disclaimer thing today after a completely meaningful response as to how we are perceived. That was a complete joke on the redneck hockey thing and if you couldn't figure that one out, I apologize. Now the members complaining about it (you 2 know who you are) are now using disclaimers to strike back at disclaimers. That is a little ironic I must say. I say for the last time, my previous misunderstanding here has been resolved (or disolved) and is not a factor in me making a joke here or there.

I didn't start this particular fight and don't wish to see it played out any further. If you have a problem with my posts, PM me or contact the staff. I haven't hi-jacked any threads, only back and forthed a few times in jest. If this is supposed to be a 100% at all times serious forum, none of us would be happy here. I know a few here must enjoy my attempts at humor since I have received PM's to that effect. I've also received a PM or two about what my problem was and I tried to explain it. You have your right to this forum and your opinions just as I have. The internet is the modern bathroom wall; anybody can just sit down and write whatever they want to. This can be good or bad.

As far as being insightfull, thought provoking posts, we really don't have any insight or thoughts that we haven't expressed ad-nauseum here ever since the end of the SCF's. Idle minds have a tendancy to wander away from serious thoughts. If you've been around before the season ended, you know that I may slip a funny in here or there, but serious hockey is what happens here.

Let it go folks. PM me if you want.

offended+ offended=offended :rolleyes::blink::unsure:;)

Wow i sure hope this didn't offend anyone!! :huh:

Disclaimer:no offense meant towards anyone,thing,dog,alien(et), ect ect!!!

now even disclaimers seem to be offending people!!!!

lighten up and have some fun,,,unless of course having fun offends you as well! :o

well put dj!

I'll keep it nice, I promise.

It's great to be told by people half my age that I need to grow up.

The disclaimers were started as a joke and only a joke. I was having a little fun with everyone about how politically correct things had to be at times. Some must have thought it was funny because they did it too. I did the disclaimer thing today after a completely meaningful response as to how we are perceived. That was a complete joke on the redneck hockey thing and if you couldn't figure that one out, I apologize. Now the members complaining about it (you 2 know who you are) are now using disclaimers to strike back at disclaimers. That is a little ironic I must say. I say for the last time, my previous misunderstanding here has been resolved (or disolved) and is not a factor in me making a joke here or there.

I didn't start this particular fight and don't wish to see it played out any further. If you have a problem with my posts, PM me or contact the staff. I haven't hi-jacked any threads, only back and forthed a few times in jest. If this is supposed to be a 100% at all times serious forum, none of us would be happy here. I know a few here must enjoy my attempts at humor since I have received PM's to that effect. I've also received a PM or two about what my problem was and I tried to explain it. You have your right to this forum and your opinions just as I have. The internet is the modern bathroom wall; anybody can just sit down and write whatever they want to. This can be good or bad.

As far as being insightfull, thought provoking posts, we really don't have any insight or thoughts that we haven't expressed ad-nauseum here ever since the end of the SCF's. Idle minds have a tendancy to wander away from serious thoughts. If you've been around before the season ended, you know that I may slip a funny in here or there, but serious hockey is what happens here.

Let it go folks. PM me if you want.

Thats a little different story than you told me in pm. :rolleyes: Why dont you just let it go if its what you really want.

Closing because this isnt what the orginal poster had in mind for this thread.

If anyone has any questions or concerns about this, pm a staff member.

Edit: what Tarheelmike said. Nice visual. :lol: