The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
chefstm

Tailgating policies

couple of points

1) Clean up after yourself, bring garbage bags to take out or throw away what you bring in.

2) there are few restrictions regarding tailgating but this is from the RBC official rules page:

TAILGATING is permitted; however, cars must occupy only one parking space. Use

of grills must follow OPEN FIRES PROHIBITED guidelines.

OPEN FIRES PROHIBITED

The igniting of fires for any purpose whatsoever is prohibited on RBC Center

property, except when allowed in grills provided by guests in the parking lots only.

The use of grills is prohibited on sidewalks, near buildings with or without canopies or

in any area where guests or property may be damaged.

So at long last...I have been able to secure a job and the time off that will allow me to make my way back to NC for the first time in 7 years. My motivation has been getting to see the home opener against Philly on 10/2. Seeing as how the wife is a huge Flyers fan...we are coming home!!!!!!

Got the hotel...

Got the tickets...

Got the truck packed already...

Only thing I need to know...are there any restrictions on tailgating at the rbc...we are bringing food, beer and a grill to cook out on.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Steve

So at long last...I have been able to secure a job and the time off that will allow me to make my way back to NC for the first time in 7 years. My motivation has been getting to see the home opener against Philly on 10/2. Seeing as how the wife is a huge Flyers fan...we are coming home!!!!!!

Got the hotel...

Got the tickets...

Got the truck packed already...

Only thing I need to know...are there any restrictions on tailgating at the rbc...we are bringing food, beer and a grill to cook out on.

Any help would be great!!

Thanks

Steve

Welcome to the RBC :) Hope you have a blast :D

It's really kind of a common sense thing just don't do something ridiculous; pic up after yourself etc.

couple of points

^ read this guys post and the rules LOL

-------------------

GUEST CONDUCT

PROPER BEHAVIOR is expected from all of our guests. Foul language,

abusive/rowdy behavior and physical confrontation will not be tolerated at the RBC

Center and will be cause for ejection and/or arrest. Guests are encouraged to cheer

as they like, provided they comply with the above and do not use obscene language

or gestures of any kind. In addition, guests may not block the game/event view from

or cause harm to another person.

Please immediately notify the nearest usher or arena representative if actions of this

type or other offenses occur near you.

I can think of a couple of teams where this ^ should be inforced a little better :rolleyes::P

Welcome to the RBC :) Hope you have a blast :D

I appreciate it! It will be a very emotional return for me. I havent been to the RBC (ESA) since 2000. I missed out on coming home for the the last 2 playoff years; especially The Cup Run. I was devistated. So this for me will be my big blowout weekend...even bigger than my trip to Disney next January..

youre only allowed to tailgate if you party hard. cornhole recommended. alcohol restrictions enforced [you must drink]. you must yell at at least two opposing fans, but in good spirit. do not fail to wear significant amounts of hurricanes apparel. divorcing the wife optional [i joke]. enjoy!

This should take care of your questions and get you psyched up for the opener!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/tv/video.php?video_id=117''>http://www.hockeybuzz.com/tv/video.php?video_id=117' target="_blank">http://www.hockeybuzz.com/tv/video.php?video_id=117[/post]

SuperDave,

Does the BeerSummit09 need to adhere to these strict guidelines?

SuperDave,

Does the BeerSummit09 need to adhere to these strict guidelines?

There will be no guidelines for the gathering of the wingmen (and wingwomen) at the BeerSummit09.

superdave apologizes in advance to any non-wingman or non-wingwoman who may have been offended while reading this post

There will be no guidelines for the gathering of the wingmen (and wingwomen) at the BeerSummit09.

superdave apologizes in advance to any non-wingman or non-wingwoman who may have been offended while reading this post

don't forget to apologize to the recipient of the wingman/wingwoman date.

Get there early and make a day of it. Go to the pregame skate and then get set up. Like this...

randoms038.jpg

That's early.

Be nice to your neighbors. Clean up.

Is that picture a slight to mini-van owners or anyone that has ever seen a mini-van or ridden in one. I am trying to decide if I should be offended and by how much. Don't go posting any SUV pictures because them's fightin' words/pics!!

Is that picture a slight to mini-van owners or anyone that has ever seen a mini-van or ridden in one. I am trying to decide if I should be offended and by how much. Don't go posting any SUV pictures because them's fightin' words/pics!!

Chicks dig the van, man.

superdave apologizes to any chicks who may have been offended by reading this post

It's really kind of a common sense thing just don't do something ridiculous; pic up after yourself etc.

^ read this guys post and the rules LOL

-------------------

GUEST CONDUCT

PROPER BEHAVIOR is expected from all of our guests. Foul language,

abusive/rowdy behavior and physical confrontation will not be tolerated at the RBC

Center and will be cause for ejection and/or arrest. Guests are encouraged to cheer

as they like, provided they comply with the above and do not use obscene language

or gestures of any kind. In addition, guests may not block the game/event view from

or cause harm to another person.

Please immediately notify the nearest usher or arena representative if actions of this

type or other offenses occur near you.

I can think of a couple of teams where this ^ should be inforced a little better :rolleyes::P

Would the initials o fone of those teams be B.S.?

This should take care of your questions and get you psyched up for the opener!!!

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/tv/video.php?video_id=117''>http://www.hockeybuzz.com/tv/video.php?video_id=117' target="_blank">http://www.hockeybuzz.com/tv/video.php?video_id=117[/post]

I am even more pumped!! Just got my grill, alluminum chaffing dishes, sternos, and picked up the tent today. Menu is already done, got the table and chairs ready to load. All I need is the tickets to arrive. Are they still selling 3rd Jerseys at The Eye at Crabtree?

Am i forgetting anything?

I am even more pumped!! Just got my grill, alluminum chaffing dishes, sternos, and picked up the tent today. Menu is already done, got the table and chairs ready to load. All I need is the tickets to arrive. Are they still selling 3rd Jerseys at The Eye at Crabtree?

Am i forgetting anything?

I meant... at the RBC?

I meant... at the RBC?

Last time I went to the RBC Eye store (last week), they didn't have any 3rd jerseys. Not a black jersey in the entire place surprisingly enough. They thought they would have more by end of Sept.

Hope that helps.

Last time I weant to the RBC Eye store (last week), they didn't have any 3rd jerseys. Not a black jersey in the entire place surprisingly enough. They thought they would have more by end of Sept.

Hope that helps.

Omega Sports in Cary had a bunch yesterday.

Last time I weant to the RBC Eye store (last week), they didn't have any 3rd jerseys. Not a black jersey in the entire place surprisingly enough. They thought they would have more by end of Sept.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! I may just have to call and see if they will have them by game day..

Plain ones?

Not sure if they had a name on them or not, I was too immersed in baseball equipment to notice so I'd call first. *edit*'s also had a decent supply of Staal and Ruutu jerseys but they were all red.

Thanks! I may just have to call and see if they will have them by game day..

My recommendation would be to call about 2 days ahead of time and ask them. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you find what you are looking for!

My recommendation would be to call about 2 days ahead of time and ask them. I'm sure they will be more than happy to help you find what you are looking for!

I am going to cal The Eye this week and see what they are looking to get in over the next few weeks. I wish the game was this weekend coming up...man I am so jacked!!!!!