The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

THN-jersey rankings

While I'm not going to nit pick every one, I'll give my big misses.

5. Minnesota Wild-give me a break. One of the ugliest uni's in the league.

8. St. Louis Blues - meh. Nothing special.

12. L.A. Kings - see Minnesota Wild

I think that Detroit should be #1. I also agree with you superdave Minny's jerseys are hideous

1. Detroit

2. New York Rangers

3. Montreal

4. Toronto

5. Chicago

6. Philadelphia

7. Boston

8. San Jose

9. Dallas

10. New Jersey

I don't understand why people like Toronto, Chicago and Detroit logos/jerseys so much... they are so plain! Maybe some people like them for that fact, but I just think they are boring. True, they are traditional... but that doesn't neccessarily make them great or even better than most. I do like Atlanta's jerseys and every version of our own. Would I say that Carolina has the best? No, probably not... I don't think that there is any real way to say "This one is better than that one" other than whether-or-not the colors are complimentary or analogous.

As for logos... they are like the avatars we have here on the forum. Is one person's better than anothers? No, because they are meant to represent the member who picked it... like the logos represent the team and community/city/state that they represent. I know I am probably looking too far into a silly survey, or some biased hockey website, but I guess I just get tired of hearing the same old criticizm of Carolina having a bad logo and bad colors. It is just an extension of the lack of respect that our favorite organization gets... and that will always irritate me.

Truth of the matter is that we have a fantastic logo... very well designed from a graphic designer's point-of-view. And Red White and Black are a beautiful triad of colors. Our uniforms are gorgeous. I'm done... thanks for reading my rant.

I don't understand why people like Toronto, Chicago and Detroit logos/jerseys so much... they are so plain! Maybe some people like them for that fact, but I just think they are boring. True, they are traditional... but that doesn't neccessarily make them great or even better than most. I do like Atlanta's jerseys and every version of our own. Would I say that Carolina has the best? No, probably not... I don't think that there is any real way to say "This one is better than that one" other than whether-or-not the colors are complimentary or analogous.

As for logos... they are like the avatars we have here on the forum. Is one person's better than anothers? No, because they are meant to represent the member who picked it... like the logos represent the team and community/city/state that they represent. I know I am probably looking too far into a silly survey, or some biased hockey website, but I guess I just get tired of hearing the same old criticizm of Carolina having a bad logo and bad colors. It is just an extension of the lack of respect that our favorite organization gets... and that will always irritate me.

Truth of the matter is that we have a fantastic logo... very well designed from a graphic designer's point-of-view. And Red White and Black are a beautiful triad of colors. Our uniforms are gorgeous. I'm done... thanks for reading my rant.

I think we should vote on the best 10 avatars on the board!! :P :P

I don't understand why people like Toronto, Chicago and Detroit logos/jerseys so much...

I agree on all accounts except for Chicago. Man, that sweater is Sharp (pun intended)! I mean, they took the red, black, and white and they rocked it. And still do. But yeah, totally agree on the rest of the O6 being vastly overrated.

I also agree that Minnesota's are overrated. Honestly have never understood the fascination people have with them, I liked the ones they started out with better. Have never cared for Montreal's either to be honest, no matter how sacreligious that may sound to you all. And Dallas' is terrible, even most Stars fans liked the old ones better.

And about Detroit, I could live without ever having to hear about how classic and great it is. Whoo-hoo, a Winged Wheel, so Awesome :rolleyes: , no offense to anyone who likes it though

And yes, I like ours.

Yes, because our sweaters are worse than this:

groupthird_100808_top.jpg

I'm a jersey nut, so some personal notes as I peruse the list:

* I still think Toronto's unis are the best in hockey. Perhaps oversimplistic - only TWO colors - but the fonts are crisp and the logo is a classic.

* Detroit's as overrated as they come. The whites are okay... but slap a CCCP on their home reds and you have a look straight out of the 1970's.

* You can also put Calgary right at the top, too. The flaming C is a classic, and they've tweaked the look for the new millennium with minimal work. Having 18,000 fans wear the exact same thing (on their own accord, no less) to every home game does nothing but help the brand.

* Dallas... ugh, where do I start? So we abandon a unique, awesome sweater style for something as uncreative as the crap they updated to? Yay... you can spell the name of your city. Let's celebrate. I've seen little league baseball teams with better threads. You're a pro hockey team, dress like one.

* I don't know why Colorado's so far down their list. It's probably in my top ten, as their shades of blue and purplish-red are both unique and not ugly. There's a dozen unis ahead of it that shouldn't be there.

* I still don't know what a Blue Jacket is, nor how the C-Bus logo is supposed to represent it. And the stars...? Um, no thanks.

* How long is it going to take the Slugs to go back to the classic bison and sword logo?

* I think our Canes are definitely top half, the road whites (which REALLY need to return as the "home" whites) probably top ten.

Yes, because our sweaters are worse than this:

groupthird_100808_top.jpg

I'm a jersey nut, so some personal notes as I peruse the list:

* I still think Toronto's unis are the best in hockey. Perhaps oversimplistic - only TWO colors - but the fonts are crisp and the logo is a classic.

* Detroit's as overrated as they come. The whites are okay... but slap a CCCP on their home reds and you have a look straight out of the 1970's.

* You can also put Calgary right at the top, too. The flaming C is a classic, and they've tweaked the look for the new millennium with minimal work. Having 18,000 fans wear the exact same thing (on their own accord, no less) to every home game does nothing but help the brand.

* Dallas... ugh, where do I start? So we abandon a unique, awesome sweater style for something as uncreative as the *edit* they updated to? Yay... you can spell the name of your city. Let's celebrate. I've seen little league baseball teams with better threads. You're a pro hockey team, dress like one.

* I don't know why Colorado's so far down their list. It's probably in my top ten, as their shades of blue and purplish-red are both unique and not ugly. There's a dozen unis ahead of it that shouldn't be there.

* I still don't know what a Blue Jacket is, nor how the C-Bus logo is supposed to represent it. And the stars...? Um, no thanks.

* How long is it going to take the Slugs to go back to the classic bison and sword logo?

* I think our Canes are definitely top half, the road whites (which REALLY need to return as the "home" whites) probably top ten.

I want to go on record of saying that when I said I liked the Atlanta jerseys, I didn't have their 3rd jerseys in mind... those are gross.

I think Blue Jackets is a Civil War reference, since Ohio was in the union. I don't know what the heck their mascot is supposed to be. Some kind of bug?

I really like Calgary's colors and uniforms too! Their sea of red at home games is something I hope the Caniac Nation can rival in the next 10 years.

And I also agree about the Buffaslugs... someone needs to get real and officially take that classic logo out of retirement.

Atlanta's are pretty bad. The other annoying thing they do is use "ATL" - anyone who uses the airport abbreviation on their uniforms has issues (see Coyotes, Phoenix). I've always thought they should change the name to Threshers, change the uni colors to green and yellow, and seek out John Deere sponsorship, but that's just the farm hick in me I guess. Also not a big fan of the Wild.

I like the current Columbus logo (probably in the minority there). Have always liked the Devils and Hawks. Agree with THM on our whites.

I agree with the list putting Chicago #1 and the Slugs #30. But most of the rest ... bleh. I think he vastly overrates Toronto and St. Louis, neither of those are close to the top 10 for me. Meanwhile, Columbus and Anaheim are both top 10 for me. I think he underrates ours as well. I wouldn't put us in the top 10, but at least the top 15 for sure. I also think Minnesota's red jersey has become the single most overrated jersey in the league. It looked a lot better before they tinkered with it for the Rbk changeover.

My personal top 5:

1. Chicago

2. Montreal

3. Boston

4. Columbus

5. Detroit

And bottom 5:

26. Tampa Bay

27. Edmonton

28. Nashville

29. Colorado

30. Buffalo

+1. I think our white jerseys are by far our best look. It sucks that the red/white game is the only time I get to see them in a game in person.

I don't see what people have against the Minnesota one. To me it looks a bit like a throwback but without being hideous or bland. I guess you could say it looks like a classic without looking dated... which would make sense, since this will only be their 10th season.

My gripe is with their name. Could they have thought of something a little more vague?

I don't see what people have against the Minnesota one. To me it looks a bit like a throwback but without being hideous or bland. I guess you could say it looks like a classic without looking dated... which would make sense, since this will only be their 10th season.

My gripe is with their name. Could they have thought of something a little more vague?

Minnesota-Wild-Premier-Home-Jersey.jpg

This red and green abomination is better than ours? It looks like a Christmas jersey. If the North Pole had a team, they'd wear this uni.

^^^ what he said. And the logo is a mish-mash of too many things. Go all red and 21st century-ize the logo and it would be much better.

Colorado effectively killed their jerseys with the new Edge template jersey they went with instead of keeping the unique stripes at the bottom that was trying to mirror the Rocky Mountains.

It was a great one but, for the sake of making some extra cash, they treated it like wounded horse on the ground and shot it in the face

This red and green abomination is better than ours? It looks like a Christmas jersey. If the North Pole had a team, they'd wear this uni.

I never said it was better than ours, just that I don't see why people hate it so much. Sure green and red is reminiscent of Christmas, but it can be used outside that context too.

I never said it was better than ours, just that I don't see why people hate it so much. Sure green and red is reminiscent of Christmas, but it can be used outside that context too.

That list has it quite a bit better than ours.

I want to go on record of saying that when I said I liked the Atlanta jerseys, I didn't have their 3rd jerseys in mind... those are gross.

Yeah, the reds are awful. I think the road whites are blah, but I find their home blues very nice, actually.

I think Blue Jackets is a Civil War reference, since Ohio was in the union. I don't know what the heck their mascot is supposed to be. Some kind of bug?

I really like Calgary's colors and uniforms too! Their sea of red at home games is something I hope the Caniac Nation can rival in the next 10 years.

And I also agree about the Buffaslugs... someone needs to get real and officially take that classic logo out of retirement.

Yeah, Blue Jackets is a reference to the Columbus Depot which made quite a bit of the uniforms for the Union Army. Strangely I never expected to find a link between Civil War Reenacting and Hockey.

Honestly, I dislike almost ALL of the new RBK jerseys. Even on the Canes jersey I hate the white piping on the red jerseys (the red pipe on the white for some reason doesnt look as bad, maybe because it doesnt jump out at you as much.) It seems like not as much a O6 bias from this guy, but an old jersey bias... most of the top 10 (save maybe Minnesota) all look pretty much the same as the old jerseys. Jersey's at the bottom got some major redesigns and new colors.

I don't think the Wild jerseys are horrible... but they are plain.. not a top 5 jersey. And dark red and dark green? Not so much.

The Dallas ones are horribly plain.. "College Style Lettering".. yeah... more like tourist Tshirts. Just "Dallas".. The Dallas What? Wheres the Star logo?

I don't understand why the article compared some white jerseys and some colored jerseys. In my personal opinion I will always pick a colored jersey over a white... Some of the plain ones at the bottom of the list like Nashville and Colorado, do look drab in white, but have good color versions. The Black and Silver from Nashville is not bad, and the Blue and Purple of Colorado, while odd, has been around a while and seems to work. The Maple Leafs white with blue and the Red Wing's white with red are the best looking white jerseys. Of course those are old classics.

I don't understand why the article compared some white jerseys and some colored jerseys. In my personal opinion I will always pick a colored jersey over a white...

I'm the exact opposite. I love white unis, no matter the sport. I have a closet full of jerseys - close to a dozen of various teams and sports. I have two that aren't white, and one of those is the bad luck Canes practice jersey that I never wear during the season due to its insane ability to foreshadow a Canes loss. (I swear if I even look at it on gameday, it's already over.) I do agree, though, that the piping is stupid. I don't mind the new RBK unis, but some of the design changes they've done with them are just dumb and pointless.

And yeah, regarding comparing all the jerseys, I thought it was sorta implied that they were comparing homes, roads, alternates, etc. But with only one picture per team, and no pattern to which sweater was shown.. the whole list was not very well put together.

When it comes to uniforms, http://www.uniwatchblog.com/' target="_blank">Uni Watch[/post] is my authority.

I've always liked the San Jose and Chicago sweaters.... Tryin' not to be biased but I've always liked the Canes red or white sweaters.... I would put us in the top 10 maybe even the top 5.... I like the logo, the border, shoulder emblems and colors :)

I have two that aren't white, and one of those is the bad luck Canes practice jersey that I never wear during the season due to its insane ability to foreshadow a Canes loss. (I swear if I even look at it on gameday, it's already over.)

You may need to rid the world of that thing. It may have opened the closet door during the night and looked at you during the Pens series. Do you want that hanging over your head?