The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sutter16

Canes Sign Stephane Yelle

It will be interesting to see who is on the team now. Poor Conboy, even though he has a one-way contract this year, it looks like he will not be playing much.

He deserves his shot and it looks like it's slipping through his hands. :(

We'll have injuries, and Conboy will slide in and play 5-6 minutes a game. He is looking at a lot of healthy scratches though.

Or bruising 4th line with Conboy on defense during those shifts....Ouch.

Good signing for the money. I would say we are officially through now (maybe until the trade deadline). This firmly puts Jussi on wing which is where I like him.

Good signing for the money. I would say we are officially through now (maybe until the trade deadline). This firmly puts Jussi on wing which is where I like him.

I'd say we will trade Babs eventually... some team will have an injury at camp/preseason/early in the reg. season and will be looking for a cheap replacement.

Great signing.

I'd say we will trade Babs eventually... some team will have an injury at camp/preseason/early in the reg. season and will be looking for a cheap replacement.

Great signing.

Who's Babs. Seems like somebody used to play here had that name.

Nice... another former Cup winner to add to the ones we already have. I'm assuming he will play 4th line center which will solidify Sutter as a 1st Line Center in Albany?

Depth at Center is an understatement.. now we have Staal, Cullen, Brindamour and Yelle, plus Ruutu and Jokinen who have both spent some time at center. Hopefully this will improve our puck possession at regular and PP strengths.. having a center and wing that can win faceoffs helps if one gets the boot.

Yelle has been to the playoffs every year as a pro with Colorado, Calgary and Buffalo.. talk about experience... Great Addition!

*actually missed the playoffs in 02-03 in Calgary, but still.. like 12 years of playoff experience.. looked like every year.

Holy freaking *edit*! JR is the man!! I was really impressed with this guy in the playoff series... and now HE is a Cane, too!! Wow... just, Wow!

Yelle is a beast, this is an excellent pickup for the time and price. Gives the young cats another year of development. 4th line is going to put a hurting on the opposition next year.

Bingo. He played on the 4th line with Shawn Thornton and Byron Bitz in Boston(very tough to play against). Yelle is tough and very sound defensively, our 4th line is now solid.

Great signing.

the only thing we can do with Babs is trade his rights to another team so we won't get much because they are likely to have the same problems with him we have.

You know that new show where Shaq tries different sports for a week, he should try being a NHL grinder against our 4th line.

Would give me an hour of laughs.