The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sutter16

Canes Sign Stephane Yelle

You know that new show where Shaq tries different sports for a week, he should try being a NHL grinder against our 4th line.

Would give me an hour of laughs.

I like that idea it would give me a good laugh as well lol

I'll say this....even in the "down years", JR and his office gang has been A+ with finding the best available that's out there, and pulling off a big surprise during the off-season. I always get excited as the time draws near, but this one's feeling a little different. Excited, anxious, and a gut feeling says it's going to be a real good year, and this team's going to develop it's own character, which will be different than those of the past. Sooo....some teams wanna be physical with some big bruisers mixed in with the speed and finesse? Bring it on now.

As much as the down economy hurts, its given JR a chance to get some established players to fill depth positions at a price that in past years would have been out of his range. Its nice not to have players who are big question marks filling out the lineup, ie hamilton, melichar...

As much as the down economy hurts, its given JR a chance to get some established players to fill depth positions at a price that in past years would have been out of his range. Its nice not to have players who are big question marks filling out the lineup, ie hamilton, melichar...

It's to bad Jeff didn't work out though, he did have a good attitude and a hard shot. I wish jeff had anton's talent then you'd have a hockey player.

Agree that this is a great signing - targeting Brindy for the 3rd line and moving Jussi to wing - but on the down side, we are now paying Scott Walker $2.5 million to play on the fourth line. Better than paying Brindy $3 mil for that, I suppose, and yes injuries will likely allow him to move up (if he isn't injured himself). We are still close to if not within the budget though, and with a bigger more physical team. Hard not to be excited to see this team in action. We're ready.

Awesome depth signing. Gives us a VERY solid 4th line, depth throughout our lineup, amazing depth at Center and it allows us to keep guys like Sutter in the minors to properly develop each side of their game. It also speaks depths to have another playoff veteran on the roster in a year where if things go right we could be playoff contenders.

JR just keeps proving why he is the best GM in the league. Small market team and he keeps us competitive with his great depth and character signings. People love to come play in Carolina and I'm sure JR is a big reason why.

Can't complain about this deal. Cheap, solid center with plenty of experience. I'm happier about the fact we let our prospects spend time in the minors than the actual signing though.

Wasn't that the girl rabbit on Tiny Toons?

I love it

That show was awesome, still want to know how they got Steven Speilberg to direct a cartoon but none the less.

Others have beat me here. I like this very much. JR fully completes his stated plan of last year and has a very tough gritty, experienced, character 4th line.

Question: Why are the Bruins giving up all these guys?

I see this as Roddy insurance on the cheap. If Rod can still bring it, we have crazy depth and can slide Jokinen to wing and respond to injures. If Rod can't bring it, we are still set with Jokinen at 3rd line center.

As much as I like Sutter, I think that a solid, experienced 4th line center is better while Sutter developes and puts on some weight.

This team is now so set that JR is telling proven NHL players not to bother even trying out this year.

Still want my first line winger, but if we do it it would be late as a rental for the playoffs, not now. The team is set. Babs has got to be feeling a little anxious right about now.

I need some hockey.

YAY! Some news atleast. Im looking forward to the season now and i think the best thing about this is that we raised our self imposed cap. Shows huge confidence in the team.

I started watching baseball for the first time in 13 years because i have been without any solid hockey news.

Question: Why are the Bruins giving up all these guys?

Cap issues. They're still trying to find a way to sign Kessel.

This is awesome news! I was sitting at a mind-numbing puppet show with the little girl I nanny for when I got the Tweet about this and almost let out a "whoop whoop"! I'm loving our size and depth for the upcoming season.

I like this signing. JR is showing the rest of the NHL especially the Stanley Cup Champs that they better enjoy that Cup because the Canes want that Cup again. JR might have gone over the self imposed cap slightly but if signing Yelle who has 2 Stanley Cup rings to his name and has big time playoff experience to his name, then it was well worth it.

I can't wait for the season to start. From the 1st to the 4th line, we are going to be tough night in and night out.

Sooo....some teams wanna be physical with some big bruisers mixed in with the speed and finesse? Bring it on now.

Amen to that... :)

This is a good signing yes, but can we please stop fooling around signing all these gritty grindy old rough and tough players and focus on finding some flash and skill. You still have to score goals ya know. We're too friggin' gritty and still too slow and small up front besides Staal and Cole maybe. Trade somebody or something..give me a flashy Russian or European..geez please! Look at the league people. Anybody have any inside information on any transactions that will actually help us offensively? We cant be that darn broke and poor.

This is a good signing yes, but can we please stop fooling around signing all these gritty grindy old rough and tough players and focus on finding some flash and skill. You still have to score goals ya know. We're too friggin' gritty and still too slow and small up front besides Staal and Cole maybe. Trade somebody or something..give me a flashy Russian or European..geez please! Look at the league people. Anybody have any inside information on any transactions that will actually help us offensively? We cant be that darn broke and poor.

Read this thread http://forums.carolinahurricanes.com/index.php?showtopic=20301' target="_blank">...if I were GM[/post].

There is about 100 pages there for your entertainment. After you finish that homework assignment, we'll talk. Oh, and welcome to the board.

Dadgummit, I knew it, just knew it. I thought for once this summer everyone was going to agree on something. Oh well, pass the popcorn.