The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
icecrew02

Rink Make Over

I was just in the arena the other day and man its looking good. We have installed all new dasher boards and seamless glass on the sides. And not to mention the brand new jumbotron !!!

Picture of Gleason was a mistake ... I was trying to set up some pitures and I guess that one slipped in there. But last year we didnt have seamless glass. We still had uprights between them. This year there is nothing in between the glass ( on the sides ).

Anyone know what logo will be at center ice this year? I still want the sightless eye back personally.

I agree--let the secondaty logo rest this year--and go back to the hurricane !!

Anyone know what logo will be at center ice this year? I still want the sightless eye back personally.

We are going back to the hurricane symbol ... Ice goes in next wednesday and thurs. come out and see it.

Thanks for the updates icecrew, I think everyone is getting excited for the season to get underway.

Welcome aboard :)

We are going back to the hurricane symbol ... Ice goes in next wednesday and thurs. come out and see it.

What process does the rink go through to put in the ice? Yes I know it needs water and lots of refrigeration before I get flamed on this one.

There's a writeup specific to the RBC Center on their website, basically its flood, flood, paint, flood, paint, flood. :)

There's a writeup specific to the RBC Center on their website, basically its flood, flood, paint, flood, paint, flood. :)

Duh...I totally forgot that the writeup on how stuff works was the really detailed version of the RBC writeup (HSW being based in Raleigh). That's what I get for speedreading with the BB. :blink:

I also really enjoyed the "Hows Its Made" episode detailing how goalie leg pads are made.

Had a friend who played Triple AAA in Michigan tell me how they painted the ice because he got some cash for doing it each time they reflooded the rink.

I'd mess up I was never a "In between the lines" kind of a guy, your red line would be a red wave