The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

Thought I'd pass this along....

I was concerned over some of the negative posts in that thread, but realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It seems the overall support and thanks to Frank for helping to bring us that Cup was appreciated.

I was concerned over some of the negative posts in that thread, but realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It seems the overall support and thanks to Frank for helping to bring us that Cup was appreciated.

Those were my thoughts as well. I am pretty sure he focused on the positive comments and let that negative garbage be just that... trash.

I actually forgot exactly what I wrote and was trying to find that thread... was it taken down?

The thread was cleaned up from those not realizing they were posting in a best wishes thread. It was moved to be printed and delivered.

The thread was cleaned up from those not realizing they were posting in a best wishes thread. It was moved to be printed and delivered.

Awesome! Good work! I think that is a really nice thing to do for the guys.

Good work, TSA. Thanks for the house cleaning. I will miss Frank and remember him always as a Cane. That 2nd period goal in game 7 against will go down as one of the greatest moments of the team. I'd like to see a copy of what was delivered, if that's possible.

Whenever we've had one of our personal support/get well/best wishes threads for a player and his family delivered ( Brind'Amour, Cullen, Tanabe, the Walker's, The Laviolette's, the River Rats/Jeff Daniels and Frank Kaberle), we always get a thank you and sincere appreciation for the support. In Frank's case, one of our own members who printed and hand delivered the thread to the Kaberle's shared Frank's response with me, I thought everyone who contributed to that thread would want to read this too:

So I just got home from dinner with Frank and Katerina. We had a wonderful time at Mura and enjoyed some awesome sushi. On the drive over I gave them the thread that was thanking them. Katerina took it (Frank drove) and began to read it. They were very hesitant at first because of all the negative things "fans" have said about them on internet message boards. However, Katerina proceeded and read most of them out loud. She became tearful and Frank was very thankful. They asked me to tell all the Hurricanes fans that they cherish their time here. Frank said he will always be a Hurricane because this is where he won the Cup and all our wonderful fans and community. Thanks again for giving me the opportunity to deliver these kind remarks.

Kudos to everyone who sent their well wishes and thanked him for his contributions in helping to win us all the Cup.

thanx tsa....class act by a classy player

thanx tsa....class act by a classy player

TSA thanks for all your efforts! That was a very classy way to send off a player that meant so much to our beloved Hurricanes!!!:)

TSA thanks for all your efforts! That was a very classy way to send off a player that meant so much to our beloved Hurricanes!!!:)

Thank YOU ;)

Frank really is a tremendous guy. I met him at the mall once; just a truly amiable person. And it's funny how his Game 7 goal gets overlooked by a lot of non-die hard fans like us...they remember the score, the fact that we really dominated the game, etc. But it was Frank Kaberle stepping up to blast that PP shot which gave us the 2-0 lead, a lead that would prove extremely important as the Oil came back to score early in the third period.

We just cannot really call ourselves true 'Canes fans without recognizing Frank for that moment, and all he did on ice/off ice here in Raleigh.

I've always liked Frank as a person. He's always seemed like an absolute class act (as seen by his last 3 years here where we haven't heard him complain one bit). It is really awesome to again see the fan-player/team relationship that the Canes and their fans have that I've rarely ever seen in any other sport. Frank will always be a Carolina Hurricane and we are all thankful for his achievements which have led him to being immortalized on Lord Stanley's Cup.

I'm glad you did that.

I am glad to hear back about their response to our "farewell and thank you" thread. If his wife was a little hesitant to read it at first b/c of negative fan comments in the past, that tells me that maybe our boards are read more than we realize. (by players, wives and maybe even staff, etc.)

Anyhow, I am glad they know we wish them well, and appreciate Franks place in our history !!! I will always remember him as the Cane whose goal won us the cup !!

As with the others a class move for a class guy.

I don't remember exactly what negatives were in that thread, certainly they have no place in a farewell thread.

I would point out though that most of us are generally fans of the players in the end. When we post negatives about players we are voicing opinions of that player as a player on the ice and how they seem to be playing. For me at least, I am opining about what I, in my infinite wisdom think is best for the team. Once they are no longer on the team it is a different situation entirely. Most hockey players seem to have a lot of integrity and are easy to root for personally. I can think of very few *cough Avery cough* who I would feel negatively once looking back at their contribution to the team.

Once it is clear that the player is becoming an ex-Hurricane they no longer affect the team directly and they can be moved into the fond wishes category and are out of the range of fair criticism. Perhaps we shouldn't criticize at all, but then these boards would be utterly uninteresting. With very few exceptions the criticisms are rarely personal.

Still, when a guy leaves it is a very nice touch to do this farewell from the boards.

It is nice to hear back...just wish I could remember what I (and we) wrote! :)

Any indications of whether he will be staying around here, retiring, trying to find another NHL team, or heading back home?

Thanks for that update TSA. It's so good for me, as a fan, to hear back from the other end of it, as I'm sure it is for the others here too. Once a 'Cane, always a 'Cane, and who knows......an awful lot of "old" faces keep showing up around the RBC ice in one capacity or another in this organization. I will miss Frank on the ice myself. On a side note for you or anyone else....how's the Walker family doing, if you have any info? I know there were tons of messages for them too.

Thanks for that update TSA. It's so good for me, as a fan, to hear back from the other end of it, as I'm sure it is for the others here too. Once a 'Cane, always a 'Cane, and who knows......an awful lot of "old" faces keep showing up around the RBC ice in one capacity or another in this organization. I will miss Frank on the ice myself. On a side note for you or anyone else....how's the Walker family doing, if you have any info? I know there were tons of messages for them too.

Julie is cancer free :)

I didn't deliver that one so I can't tell you the exact response, Im sure it was greatly appreciated.