The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Appstatecanesfan

Hurricanes fan base ranked 24th out of 30

I read the article earlier today and this comes as no surprise. Our team get very little respect, the fan base the same and even our location is in question. As Rodney would say" I get no respect". Hey I would rather fly under the radar and surprise the Hell out of everyone in hockey town!!!!!!

What is mvn anyway lol

He posted it because he got attention to his blog last year because his ratings are so awful he ticked almost every team off. So he did it this year to boost his ratings, I mean he even admits it in his first few paragraphs

Talk about waste of time reading an article. His definition of "best" fans is nothing more than "most", determined from a compilation of simple attendance stats and number of blogs and message boards on the internet. Hinting that Leaf fans always fill their arena eventhough they pay the highest ticket prices makes me think that I already know his eventual conclusion. Leafs have the most fans, therefore they are the best. What a joke.

If this is the same guy that ranked the arenas around the league back in 07, I think we already determined he was a Buffalo Sabre fan and well........

lol, buffalo fans ranked 9th. what a joke. this guy has no idea what he's talking about, ranking the Hurricanes so low aside, I think he should visit places before he makes comments about their arenas.

Why would we take serious some obscure writer who puts his subjective opinions on some obscure website?

Really, the opinion of the author should carry no weight at all.

I will say that in some regard he's right and the numbers don't lie. The attendance has been fairly consistent for us but the first half of the season tends to be slower than the second half. I have noticed that the Duke/Tarheel/NCSU games don't hurt the attendance numbers for the Canes nearly as bad as they used to. In fact, its pretty funny to see so many running to the concourses between periods to catch the scores of the NCAA games.

Based on the economy, region and competition of other ways to spend entertainment $'s, I think as long as they're seeing consistent growth, we're doing fine. I'll be very curious to see how corporate sponsorship factors in to all the teams this season.

Why would we take serious some obscure writer who puts his subjective opinions on some obscure website?

Really, the opinion of the author should carry no weight at all.

Im not seeing too many of us take this serious at all. Arent we all just writers putting our subjective opinions on a hopefully not-so-obscure website?;)

He has some points, but by his own justification of putting the Thrashers last, he'd need to drop his beloved Wild significantly.

On a recent trip to the Mall of America, right there in Wild country, it was difficult to weed through all the Vikings jerseys to find a Wild jersey. Same problem that he pointed out about the Thrashers and sports apparrel.

My favorite comment on the article

I believe that this topic will inspire calm, well-written commentary and fair-minded, non-imflamatory debate.

I also believe that if you jump into a shark tank holding a bloody, raw steak, you come back out just fine.

I read the article earlier today and this comes as no surprise. Our team get very little respect, the fan base the same and even our location is in question. As Rodney would say" I get no respect". Hey I would rather fly under the radar and surprise the Hell out of everyone in hockey town!!!!!!

I thought Raleigh was Hockey Town. :blink:

This is simply more Carolina-Southern hockey town bias here. Hockey has only been in Raleigh for 9 years right now and it is still growing. Weren't we ranked as like the 2nd fastest growing hockey team brand a few months back by someone?

You can tell by the way he wrote the article that he's probably a fan of a team we recently beat and TSA's claim that he's a Buffaslug fan makes a lot of sense.... ;)

Seeing that the article was written last August, I wonder he has to say now? probably not much, but whatever, let him speak his mind I guess. Bottom line is we love our team and they are not leaving Raleigh.

This is simply more Carolina-Southern hockey town bias here. Hockey has only been in Raleigh for 9 years right now and it is still growing. Weren't we ranked as like the 2nd fastest growing hockey team brand a few months back by someone?

You can tell by the way he wrote the article that he's probably a fan of a team we recently beat and TSA's claim that he's a Buffaslug fan makes a lot of sense.... ;)

This guy writes for The State of Hockey News which is a Wild fansite.

Seeing that the article was written last August, I wonder he has to say now? probably not much, but whatever, let him speak his mind I guess. Bottom line is we love our team and they are not leaving Raleigh.

The part of the rankings that pertains to us was written August 2, 2009...not last year.

http://mvn.com/thestateofhockeynews/2009/08/2009-10-nhl-fan-rankings-part-i-30th-to-21st.html' target="_blank">Click Here.[/post]

Hey guys, dont read into this too much. As a Canadian Hurricanes fan I only live two hours from Toronto. Toronto doesnt have fans that go to the game, it is all businessmen. The lower bowl can cost you about $300-1000 a night. It is actually sad because the average leaf fan cant afford it. When going to see the Canes, they are actual fans.....Thats why we have one of the loudiest buildings in the league.