The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
TSA

As it Stands- Part 4/Forward Line #4

By the way TSA, it's the fourth line. ;]

Oops, thats what I get for copying and pasting without editing. Fixed.

I see this line getting a lot more ice time than previous 4th lines with the Canes. These are all gritty players who have either been captains or alternates at some time in their NHL career. Some opposing teams top lines are going to get a solid helping of this line and our other lines are going to get a little more rest and hopefully will be a little fresher late in the third and deep into the season.

I like J.R.'s moves here a lot.

This is probably one of my favorite lines we have. It's tough, it's gritty, hell, nobody is gonna want to mess with this line at all. There isn't a whole lot of scoring threat here but I'm sure this will turn into a grinding work horse that no other 4th line in the NHL is gonna be able to match up against. The depth on our team through 4 lines is going to be unbelievable.

This is the line that really intrigues me. I can't wait to see these guys put a permanent faceprint of the likes of that punk Malkin on the glass and boards. I think this line will become very popular very quickly. TKO, Rebel Yeller, and Scotty ..... great move JR.

This is what I believe will make Rutherford look like a genius next spring - All I can say is Yes, Yes, Yes. Talk about grit -- These guys are definitely going to help our first couple of lines live a little easier and will make it much tougher for the opposing team. Hopefully, our top lines won't be worn out next Spring.

I am so excited about seeing this line play. I do agree, I think our 4th line will get alot more than 5 minutes of playing time (at least I hope so) and this will help keep our top lines fresher. I don't think there will be any problem with this line gelling together -- it is going to be fun to watch.

Go Canes! Can't wait until Oct 2.

No complaints with this line at all... tough, gritty, hard hitting and playoff/cup experience? That goes a long way for giving lines 1-3 much needed breaks and hey maybe toss in a few goals yourself? Why not?

Depth was an issue last year with injuries and fatigue.. will not be an issue this year. 4 solid lines that can all play, and lines 5 and 6 waiting in the wings in case of injuries.

One or two superstars do not a good "team" make... 12+9+2 guys all willing to give it all and win.. that's a TEAM.

This is the only line im NOT concerned about! Absolutly love that set-up. The only player that should potentially move off this line is Walker in case if injury. We know Walker has been a 50 point guy before, but with his age now, and this teams set-up, I prefer him in the 4th line grinding role.

As a lot of people have already said this line will be matching up against some of the oppositions better lines and give them a real hard time. I can see this line getting 10 minutes a game which allows the remainder of our team to be fresh as they can be. Also, I envision Yelle and TKO penalty killing which also allows players like Staal to be fresh right after a big kill.

Kudos JR on this outstanding 4th line!

IceFrog, your NOT complaining? Wow. :P

I agree with TSA that until they skate and play together you can never be sure but I really like this line.

Tough guys all. I don't look for much scoring from this line but I look for them to put the brakes on some of the opposition scoring. If Walker were to move up because of injury or other reasons I think Conboy could step right in. I like this line and can't wait to see them play together.

Giving this a little more thought this line could put up more points than we think. If they get more minutes then our previous 4th line I can see some unexpected scoring from them.

I agree with TSA that until they skate and play together you can never be sure but I really like this line.

Tough guys all. I don't look for much scoring from this line but I look for them to put the brakes on some of the opposition scoring. If Walker were to move up because of injury or other reasons I think Conboy could step right in. I like this line and can't wait to see them play together.

Giving this a little more thought this line could put up more points than we think. If they get more minutes then our previous 4th line I can see some unexpected scoring from them.

Can't add much more than has already been said. Like OBX'er, I think the offensive side of this line is underrated. If they can play some real minutes and put up some points, it can only help the upper lines. This line could be the difference come May or hopefully June.

The only thing wrong with this line is that Walker is not really a 4th liner. That's not a big problem at all though. Just make the line too good, which is not a problem at all as long as Walker is OK with it. He has a great attitude in general. Plus, there will be injuries and he will slide up immediately.

This is going to be a very good 4th line.

Our team gets stronger the deeper you go.

Okay, maybe I didn't see it, but what about that Sutter kid? Is he gone, or just not being speculated about yet?

With the Yelle signing, he will most likely spend the season in Albany unless he really impresses at camp or there are injuries during the season.

Another solid line. I'd say the only thing that concerns me with all our lines is that we didn't leave any room for one of the Rats to make a jump. Maybe that comes next year after a few of these contracts are up (i.e., the Wizard) but it'd be nice to see at least one of the Rats getting some PT.

With the Yelle signing, he will most likely spend the season in Albany unless he really impresses at camp or there are injuries during the season.

ah, makes sense I guess. I don't know much about Yelle, but I thought Sutter was making a lot of headway last year.

Another solid line. I'd say the only thing that concerns me with all our lines is that we didn't leave any room for one of the Rats to make a jump. Maybe that comes next year after a few of these contracts are up (i.e., the Wizard) but it'd be nice to see at least one of the Rats getting some PT.

There will be injuries.

ah, makes sense I guess. I don't know much about Yelle, but I thought Sutter was making a lot of headway last year.

I thought so too, but I think this is better for Sutter's development. Yelle brings a veteran point of view to the team and creates a bigger presence on the 4th line both in terms of experience and tangible skills (i.e. faceoffs). Plus, IMO, he's kind of an insurance policy in case Rod's play slips. If Sutter spends the next season in Albany, he can be the top line center rather than getting 2 or 3 minutes on the 4th line at the NHL level.