The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
kastagir

Caniac Carnival-Now updated!

20th? Two days after the Nashville game (the 18th), so I guess that means no Red vs White game? That sucks, I didn't get to go last season and was really looking forward to the next one. <_<

Saw the schedule for the Carnival came out today.This will be my first visit to the event..I have a question for anyone who has been before...My brother who lives near the RBC center said that if I want in on all the "special events" autographs and such I will need a wrist band which I see they will begin passing out at 9:30 that morning.My question is how many get passed out and what is the best time to get there in order to get one? He said he has seen people in the parking lot the night before (I think he is probably pulling my chain)I am traveling from Jacksonville the day before and staying the night in Raleigh.How early should I get to the RBC center?Thanks ;)

I don't think I'm up for the Crazy Caniac Challenge. Running 1-mile around the RBC Center, only to stop, throw down 2 hot dogs, and wash it down with a coke, then run another mile doesn't seem like something any sane or insane person should try, or enjoy for that matter. Particularly since it will likely be in the mid-80's that time of year.

Saw the schedule for the Carnival came out today.This will be my first visit to the event..I have a question for anyone who has been before...My brother who lives near the RBC center said that if I want in on all the "special events" autographs and such I will need a wrist band which I see they will begin passing out at 9:30 that morning.My question is how many get passed out and what is the best time to get there in order to get one? He said he has seen people in the parking lot the night before (I think he is probably pulling my chain)I am traveling from Jacksonville the day before and staying the night in Raleigh.How early should I get to the RBC center?Thanks ;)

You don't need to spend the night before camped out lol Just get there about an hour before everything opens us and you will get a wrist band. The key is once you get your band you need to go over early and stand in line in order to get to the stations where some of the players will go and sit for autographs. It's the luck of the draw who sits where but the people will rush to the stations and it will be wall to wall people standing in line. It depends on how many players will be signing, in the past they would usually have three players per station. Hope this helps

I suppose I should not be so disappointed, but I am really not happy there be no red/white scrimmage. Lets face it, you likely will not see people destined for the Everblades get as much ice time in the other scrimmages as they do in that game. I know the younger kids have their own tournament this year, and that may be the reason for no red/white game, but that does not mean it will not be missed. I hope it returns in the future.

I suppose I should not be so disappointed, but I am really not happy there be no red/white scrimmage. Lets face it, you likely will not see people destined for the Everblades get as much ice time in the other scrimmages as they do in that game. I know the younger kids have their own tournament this year, and that may be the reason for no red/white game, but that does not mean it will not be missed. I hope it returns in the future.

The reason is the compressed schedule due to the Olympics. It should be back next year.

I don't think I'm up for the Crazy Caniac Challenge. Running 1-mile around the RBC Center, only to stop, throw down 2 hot dogs, and wash it down with a coke, then run another mile doesn't seem like something any sane or insane person should try, or enjoy for that matter. Particularly since it will likely be in the mid-80's that time of year.

You're probably right, but I think it's a Caniac's version of the "Krispee Kreme" race where they have to eat a dozen donuts mid-way thru the race. Now THOSE people are definitely not right!